Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of notification do you like the best?

My little pwny

Favorite Notification?  

268 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Notification?

• Brohoof
    • Private Message
    • Profile Comment
    • Status Update Reply
    • Other

Brohooves, especially when it's from a Mod.

**Mod notification! Engage mod brohoofs**

• Brohoof 1

Whoever hasn't said brohoofs in this thread is a darn liar lol. No one is that humble on the internet.

In any case, I enjoy being quoted because not only does it mean that someone read what I said, but it also means they require my presence and thus I reappear to them to fulfill their bleak and dreary lives to generously offer my charm and humor.

I could not care less about the brohoofs, it's about the LOVE and sharing my LOVE with others through my thoughts and words.

screw it, SHOW ME THE BROHOOFS!!

Quotes, definitely. It shows that not only are people reading your posts, they actually care enough to strike up a mini-conversation about it.

Brohooves are a close second, because of similar reasons; someone read my post and deemed it awesome enough to use a function of the site that I sometimes forget exists to let me know just how much they like it.

PM's are behind those, mostly because they leave the possibility of being automated.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

I enjoy getting bro-hoofs, means that my content of text was worth while, though my favorite would be @mention, since I have only had that happen to me once, and that was with a group of people. Not a every-day thing.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Ok, by now, most

you probably have a notification you get exicted about. Not saying you don't care about the other ones, but you always get excited about this one, no matter what its about. You have these choices.

Status Update

Brohoof to your post

Someone quoted your post

Someone mentioned you

Reply to your status

Reply to a status you posted in

New post in a thread you posted in

Personal Message

Someone added you as a friend

Someone posts in one of your threads

I'm pretty sure that's all of them, so vote above and post reasons below.

Edited by Blue Moon

I mostly like when someone quotes my post. That means that someone took the time to read my gibberish and actually found it either good or bad and decided to reply.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1.Brohoof to my post.

2. Personal message.

3.Someone quoted my post.

4.Someone mentioned me

5.Reply to a status I posted in

6.New post in a thread you posted in

7.Status update

8.Reply to my status

Shouldn't the notification for being added as a friend be here as well though? :S

( Got a brohoof? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO )

Edited by PinkiePieStyle16
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd probably get most excited over a Personal Message, because that means one of my awesome friends are online. :D

Brohoofs would come in a close second. For some reason people actually like the crap I say! Weird huh?

You guys are gonna brohoof this, aren't you? :P

Edited by Beautiful Nightmare
  • Brohoof 2

1.Brohoof to my post.

2. Personal message.

3.Someone quoted my post.

4.Someone mentioned me

5.Reply to a status I posted in

6.New post in a thread you posted in

7.Status update
8.Reply to my status

Shouldn't the notification for being added as a friend be here as well though? :S

( Got a brohoof? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO )

I knew I forgot something. I added it and another option in the post and poll. Thank you for noticing it. 

(Yay! Brohoof! WOOHOO YAY)

• Brohoof 2

Someone quoted your post

I don not get "excited". Instead exhilarated, I might have create a debate.

Testing my ability to reason is probably one of the most beneficial aspects of any forum.

img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 1

PMs is best notifications.

Since I started on this whole foruming business, personal messages never cease to amaze me. It's kind of silly, I know. Too bad the advent of skypeing nearly cut down the personal messages to almost nothing.

• Brohoof 1

Being mentioned is the utmost notification I desire to see in that little button on the upper right corner.

It makes me smile, for some unknown reason!

• Brohoof 1

Probably Personal Message :D

Mainly because that is the least thing i get here.

Other than that it has to be when someone either quotes or mentions me.

I love it when my posts get quoted, because then it leads to discussion, most likely. Hopefully not an argument though. ._. I hate arguments.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I love getting any update. that red square means that something has happened to me or my friends (good if its on this site. that came out bad didn't it?)

I feel that with me, I get a lot of status updates :P

Honestly, I like brohooves the best. Maybe I don't like PM's as much because I'm subscribed to 2 group PM's and I get PM's from there all the time

• Brohoof 1

I like getting notified when someone quotes or mentions me x) It just a nice feeling when someone has the time to read and reply back to your post. I used to think brohooves were a huge deal to me, but now I think of it as a nice 'thumbs up' x) I also like to receive PMs from people to get some nice conversations going, I love to make more friend with you guys!

Which notifications get me the most excited?

A combo.  It's a wonderful thing when someone thinks enough of what you wrote that they quote AND brohoof the same post.  That's when I really feel the love.  wub.png 

But if I were to put them in order, it would probably be something like this:

1. Quote

2. Mention

3. Brohoof

4. Personal Message

5. A friend request

6. Someone replies to a thread I started.

Why don't I get more excited about personal messages? I have this phobia that it's going to be something negative or critical. I'm pleasantly surprised I haven't gotten any angry private notes thus far. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

New posts on blogs I made, probably. All the warm fuzzies, since those are usually as long as heck. I think I like mentions the second most, because they are just so rare and it's almost always something good. I also love quotes because it means that somebody really acknowledged what you just said. 

However, despite not being a notification, my favorite thing is replies to PMV threads, whether they be mine or not. I love that stuff!

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

What? No responses to roleplays? That's about all I do on these forums now :3 

But for the options given, I would say Brohoofs and personal messages. 

Brohoofs because people are agreeing with what I have said, and personal messages because I don't normally do much else than sit at the computer and wait for something interesting to happen - a message most of the time means there's a conversation to be had :P 

1: Personal Message. (Reason? I le have no friends, so it makes me happy when someone messages me.)

2: Some adds me as a friend. (Same reason as why I love personal messages)

3: Reply to status. (Same reason.)

4: Someone quotes my post. (Because yeah.)

5: Someone updates their status. (I enjoy either being funny or making a fool out of myself to the friends I do have. Which, since I joined the forum, has admittedly grown.)

Those are the top five for me. So yeah.