Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of notification do you like the best?

My little pwny

Favorite Notification?  

268 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Notification?

• Brohoof
    • Private Message
    • Profile Comment
    • Status Update Reply
    • Other

After thinking about it for a minute I think I like quotes the best, followed closely by brohoofs and private messages. I like when someone reads something I post and gives their thumbs up or responds to it.

I think quotes are definitely my favorite. Followed very closely by PMs,  status comments, as well as notices to blog comments. I get a sense of curiosity about what people are going to say when I get these, because it means that people are directly responding to something I said with their own opinions, and I love to hear the opinions of others. :)

• Brohoof 1

For myself it would have to be quotes.

I love speaking to random people and recieving their own views on a topic.Debate in the forums can be challenging and fun for the brain!And debate is so much easier between Bronies because we're not trying to claw eachothers eyes out with a chisel.

Deathflame

When I first posted in here, I was either pre-staff or pre-admin at the very least. I replied with brohoof. While I still really, very much enjoy knowing when someone appreciated something I said, I get them so much now that it's kinda like 'eh', at the same time. So, I think I enjoy brand new status profile comments that people post on my profile the most :3 They're unique, personal and don't happen every day.

Like this one, for example |'D

img-1460113-1-HORMONALCORD.png

In fact, I don't think it's such a bad idea if the poll makes a difference between Profile Comment, and a Status Update Response :3 They're different. One is posted directly to you by an individual, the other is just notification spam for others replying to a random status you also posted in. Hope you don't mind OP, but I've edited the poll accordingly. All vote amounts for the categories still remain correct.

• Brohoof 5

Oh- It always makes me happy to see a notification on the top of the screen! I think getting Quotes or PM's is the best, because while a brohoof is nice to see, you kinda can't do anything with it.

Has to be a quote or a PM,

only because I love talking to people on here,

But the sad thing is, no one ever does, so I'm just alone... forever...

well I get really exited about Quotes of PM's

Brohoof's followed closely by quotes :D 

I like to here other peoples opinions and I also like it when someone thumbs up a post I just made :).

• Brohoof 1

I like getting brohoofs because otherwise I feel like no one's even reading what I say. And that feels terrible. Although, I suppose I'd like having more positive private messages.

When I first posted in here, I was either pre-staff or pre-admin at the very least. I replied with brohoof. While I still really, very much enjoy knowing when someone appreciated something I said, I get them so much now that it's kinda like 'eh', at the same time. So, I think I enjoy brand new status profile comments that people post on my profile the most :3 They're unique, personal and don't happen every day.

Like this one, for example |'D

In fact, I don't think it's such a bad idea if the poll makes a difference between Profile Comment, and a Status Update Response :3 They're different. One is posted directly to you by an individual, the other is just notification spam for others replying to a random status you also posted in. Hope you don't mind OP, but I've edited the poll accordingly. All vote amounts for the categories still remain correct.

The old poll had it, but when it got merged, the old poll got replaced by the original poll which had fewer options. Thanks for adding it in.

• Brohoof 2

Quotes, while brohoofs show me that I did something good and also make me check out if the one who brohoofed me has made a comment him/herself, quotes are the most wonderful thing. It means someone either agrees with me, replied to me or, best of all, disagrees with me. Disagreeing is fun especially when cool and nice people disagree with me and since almost everyone falls under that category it seems to work out well! I enjoy debates and discussions, so people disagreeing with me is the best thing ever.

• Brohoof 2

Quotes and personal messages tend to be people who are angry with me over something or other, at least recently, so I have to go with:

1: Reply to a thread I've made

2: A brohoof

3: Getting mentioned, these are usually positive.

Blog replies would be up there, but I don't make too many of them anymore. I have plans to though :)

• Brohoof 5

The kind of notifications that I like the best are pretty much, well here is the list:

• Brohoof
  • Private Message
  • Status Update Reply
  • Profile Comment
  • Brohoof 1

I find it exciting when someone quotes me. It gives me an opportunity to see what that person has to say about my words. Whether they agreed out disagreed I can always react nicely.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think quotes are pretty cool, they normally lead to some form of conversation or something.

I think Private messages are cool to, it depends I guess, but it normally leads to something cool. 

Brohoofs is kinda tied with Pm's I guess, I like to get recognition of my posts from others and know they read it. 

Profile comments are pretty cool sometimes to, normally someone saying something enjoyable or thoughtful or something for me tongue.png, not very common though.

Status update replies are everywhere in my feed, so I guess they're less valuable.

All of them make it feel like people actually care about me :P, and what I have to say.

Edited by Zygen

My absolute favorite notification has to be a quote, cause it gives me the chance to see feedback on my opinion. huh.png

Next is a PM. 'Cause honestly, it's surprising that anyone wants to talk to me and just me on the internet. Special feels all over the place. wub.png

And last in my fans, but definitely not least, the ever-satisfying brohoof. They make me feel all warm inside. The thoughts come somewhat like this...

"Hmmm... Ooh, notifications! Please don't be status updates... OOH! Someone brohoofed me! Someone liked my comment! wacko.png  Yay!!!! yay.png  *faints*"

Okay, not exactly like that. But you get the idea. happy.png

So yeah. I think the only thing I don't like about brohoofs is that there is nothing I can give back to the person. img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png  Except maybe friend them... But what if I'm already friends with them?! blink.png  AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. sleep.png  Thank you for traversing my long, winding, confuzzling, and using way too many of the emoticon faces comment. wink.png

I like it when people brohoof my posts and then also quote them.  Especially when multiple people do this.  I felt like I have "talked for the group" ya know? It's nice getting those for me personally.

Well often times people brohoof what I say just for the sake of it; they'll brohoof every post on the thread. Quotes are particularly nice because often times it means, "LET'S KEEP THE ROLEPLAY GOING! YEAH!"

While I like both brohoofs and quotes, I prefer quotes because rather than just a general "I like what you said" implied in a brohoof, I like seeing the more detailed reaction/response to your post that a quote entails. 

Of course the best of all would be someone brohoofing your post *and* quoting it.

I generally like all notifications. Even status updates, though they are numerous. But my favorite has to be a friend added notification. It's always a good feel when you make a new friend. After that it would have to be a pm. It just feels more personal than a brohoof or even a quote.