Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of notification do you like the best?

My little pwny

Favorite Notification?  

268 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Notification?

• Brohoof
    • Private Message
    • Profile Comment
    • Status Update Reply
    • Other

I like 'em all. (Besides when you had that one comment on a status and then some randos take the conversation off into like fifty posts)

My favorite would have to be either quotes or PMs. Brohoofs are great, but they get a lot better when accompanied by a quote.

Mine is a tie between Quotes ad Private Messages as both offer an opportunity to chat with people :)

I'de say that I'm leaning more towards Private Messages though ^^

I put brohoofs, but I like quotes just as much. Brohoofs are nice, because it quickly shows that someone likes what you said. On the other hand, I like to discuss things, and quotes allow continuation for discussion. So either brohoofs or quotes.

I like hearing that someone's commented on my status or blog. Makes me feel like someone's actually read it. I know that it tells you the number of views, but it feels more real when someone comments.

PM's are... meh... Many (not all) of the PM's I've received have tended to be on the strange side. And I don't tend to get too many of them.

I don't think I've ever gotten a profile comment.

I like brohoofs the most. They feel really nice, especially if I put a lot of thought and effort into the post.

I really like quotes too. It's always interesting to see what someone else has to say in reply to something I said.

(edited)

Warnings because I'm a badass

I like it when people quote me, it stirs up debate or maybe someone agrees. I find brohoofs boring.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I like any sort of notification as that means people are smart enough to recognize see me as an awesome person,but I would be lying if I didn't say I like brohoof notifications the most.Makes you feel like you made a really good post and reminds you that there are people who actually like you out there,y'know?

Brohoof, dirctly followed by Quote.

A Brohoof means that someone not just actually read something I typed in, but also shows interest in it, worships my opinion or just sees it as a valid point.

And Quote for obvious reasons. Shows potential to discuss.

Well, I love getting all kinds of notifications, though I do prefer brohoofs and friend requests because I enjoy the feeling that somepony likes me/likes what I posted! Quotes and PMs are nice too, but I'm not much for conversation. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I like both brohoofs and quotes, but I'll lean more towards quotes. When I check my notifications and see that it is a quote, it puts a smile on my face because it means that my post was actually good enough that someone wanted to quote it. :D Brohoofs are also cool because someone either agrees with my post or thinks it is funny.

• 4 months later...

Ah I would have to say, updates and Messages.

The updates because I get to chat with some of the nice ponies on the forums and get to know them a bit better.

Messages because well I get to keep talking with my friend's over the forums... but now we just use Skype so..

• Brohoof 1

Quotes. I get that "Someone actually paid attention to what I wrote" reaction from it and, hopefully, we can get a good discussion going from it. Second comes brohoofs; a generic "like", but still nice to receive. Then comes the "such and such replied to thread A" notif; there is a reason I'm following those threads after all.

I would have to say that I prefer brohoofs at first glance over anything else because a brohoof is almost always assumed to be a positive thing.  I get somewhat nervous when I see anything else because there's the possibility that it's because someone is pissed off at me.  I do enjoy positive quotes, PMs, status comments, etc, because that means that you can have a pleasant conversation, but if we're only including the stage before you can conclude that it's undeniably positive (or at least neutral) I find them nerve-wracking.

EDIT: By far the greatest notification I've ever received was the one time I got "Feld0 has brohoofed a post you made."  Most days, I'm just the average, relatively unrecognizable forum-goer.  For that one brief day, I felt like the Champion of the Internet. 

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 1

I like PMs because it makes me feel like people like and want to talk to me.

But my favorite has to be "You have received a warning"

Brohoofs, easily. It is just nice knowing that somepony apparently agrees with you, though I do feel that the brohoof system as a whole is pretty pointless thanks to the Forum Lounge and whatnot. It seems usually when someone quotes me, if it wasn't accompanied by a brohoof, then it usually is somepony disagreeing with me, which that is fine of course, but brohoofs just feel better overall. PM's are probably second.

• Brohoof 1

I just going go with other, cause love all feedback. I like when people are replaying to my post's and are liking what say. I even like the critic cause than that mean people are listening to me. And is true, i do like see smiles on people face's when give them complement. :D

I like Brohoofs over quotes because Quotes mean that they post was acknowledged. That doesn't mean that the post was well received; it just means that it was acknowledged. A Brohoof is an instantaneous way to know people liked what you had to say.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I don't mind that much.

I like quotes and those rare pm's, that means someone wants to discuss with me or something. And brohoofs tell me that someone like my post.

Well, what's sure is that I enjoy spending my time here :)

Edit: Awful typos, silly iPod.

Edited by GhostPony750

I like brohoofs the best since they are a good indicator that people are not only reading what you're posting, but are also liking it and agreeing with it. However, it's easy to garner brohoofs from just playing games, writing blogs, or spamming around in the forum lounge. I don't mind that because it adds a bit more fun to the forum. However, it's for these reasons that people shouldn't look at brohoof count as anything more than a number. It's not something to try and compete over. smile.png

Whenever I am notified of a quote, I tend to think "Who's disagreeing with me now?" I definitely enjoy a good debate, so if someone was quoting me in disagreement, I'd be fine with it. More often than not though, it's for other reasons which I don't mind.

Hopefully everyone enjoys receiving private messages from time to time. Profile comments are nice to get every now and then as well. Status updates are not the most exciting, but it's important to see what's on the minds of your friends. In short, I love getting just about any notifications. smile.png

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Nobody ever quotes me unless they're disagreeing with me, and while there's nothing wrong with that, I'm naturally mortified of getting into debates since I feel I'll inevitably reveal myself to be the moron I am.

Brohoofs, meanwhile, feed into my delusion of intellectual competence and are far preferable for that reason.

• 1 year later...

My favourite would have to be notifications for PMs- I just love talking to friendly people on here, more than is healthy for me, perhaps~ ^_^Yay, addiction! :yay:

• Brohoof 1