Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6 favorites in order

Twi Rubix

These are my opinions and my list.  It may/may not match yours.  I respect your opinions, so please do the same with mine!

1. Rainbow Dash - I like how feisty she is and the way her character was designed as well as colored.  She's not perfect by any means, but no one is perfect!

2. Fluttershy - She's cute.  I want to just hug her into oblivion.  I love how demure she is portrayed and I like her as much as Rainbow Dash (maybe an attempt to balance them out in my subconscious as they are the opposite of each other.)

3. Twilight Sparkle - I like her because I like magic and I also like how intelligent and dedicated she is.  Purple is also my favorite color, so that always helps.

4. Pinkie Pie - I love how off the wall she can be.  Sometimes I get like that too.  She used to be my least favorite pony, but started to grow on me as time went on.

5. Rarity - Well she's pretty!  I can't really find a way to relate to Rarity sadly, and that is why she is low on my list.  She is a little too spoiled for me, but don't get me wrong.  I still think she is OK.

6. Applejack - I also can't relate to Applejack at all and that is why she made the bottom of my list.  She has great redeeming qualities, but personally her character as a whole doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

• Brohoof 2

1. Applejack

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Fluttershy

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Rainbow Dash

6. Rarity. 

I like them all! But if I had to rank them, this would be the order I would put them in. However Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy I like equally, so they could be flip-flopped. 

Applejack is at the top of the list simply because I can relate to her the most. She has always been my favorite pony. Twilight is a very close second, because I can relate to her very well, too.

Fluttershy is so cute, and Pinkie is so random, I can't help but not love them! (They both have dark psycho path versions as well; Fluttershy in SHED.MOV and Pinkie in Cupcakes...yet another reason I like them...)

Rainbow Dash is cool. She's a tomboy, like I am. I just see way to much of her. She becoming very overrated, so it kind of ruined the character for me. So she gets in 5th place. 

I do like Rarity, she's always been my favorite design-wise, I love how she wears her mane and her color scheme. However I can not relate to her character at all. I still love her though!

Edited by Smilodon
  • Brohoof 2

1. Applejack

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Fluttershy

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Rainbow Dash

6. Raity 

I like them all! But if I had to rank them, this would be the order I would put them in. However Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy I like equally, so they could be flip-flopped. 

I'm more insulted by the fact that you have spelled Rarity's name wrong than that you like her least. ;) No brohoof for you until you fix this grievous injustice!

Yay! Thank you! The natural order has been restored.

Edited by Full Spectrum

I felt my heart drop as soon as I saw the amount of Pinkie being the least favorite, how dare you ;^;

ANYWAYS!

Pinkie <3

Rarity/Dashie (I like Rarity a teensy weensy more tho :V)

Applejack

Twilight (It's not that I don't like her, she's exactly neutral to me, I'm a lot like her in real life actually xD)

Fluttershy (I actually kinda hate Flutters)

• Brohoof 1

I'm more insulted by the fact that you have spelled Rarity's name wrong than that you like her least. ;) No brohoof for you until you fix this grievous injustice!

I fixed it! I noticed that soon after I posted it, and decided to add my reasoning as well!

Like I said, I do like Rarity, just find her kind of hard to relate to though. She is still by far my favorite when it comes to character design.

• Brohoof 1

1.  Twilight

2.  Fluttershy

2.1 The Great and Powerful Trixie

3.  Pinkie Pie

4.  Applejack

5.  Rainbowdash

6.  Rarity

Really for me it isn't a matter of rank as tiers.

Ponies that I love:  Twilight, Fluttershy, and Trixie.

Ponies I really really like:  Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Derpy, Roseluck, Cadance, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Lotus and Aloe

Ponies I like:  Most others including Rainbowdash, Scootalloo, and most of the Wonderbolts

Ponies I don't mind:  Rarity, Diamond Tiara, Golden Harvest, Fancy Pants, Spike would fall in here as well as a few others

Ponies I don't like:  Snips, snails, twist, Hoity Toity, Silver Spoon, the Baby Cakes, Blueblood

1. Rarity. By far the funniest of the main characters, and despite being the fashionista- a character type I often hate, she's lovable. Her focal episodes tend to be decent to great, but I do like her better as a supporting character than a main. Sisterhooves Social is probably my favorite episode of the series, as I really like Sweetie Belle as well.

2. Rainbow Dash. Overall hilarious, but perhaps the pony that makes me feel for her the most- her episodes almost always have me either cheering for her, being sad for her, or even being mad at her. But that's it- she always makes me feel something, which is how it should be. 

3. Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is almost always reasonably funny(sometimes utterly hilarious), but can sometimes come of as a bit of a jerk(and not in the over the top, funny way RD does). Sometimes becomes miss exposition. But most of the time, great.

4. Pinkie Pie. Pinkie is very volatile. She can, at her best, be very funny, sing catchy songs, and overall just be a joy to watch. But at her worst? She's annoying, unlikable and a few times, has songs that feels awkward. Her worst episode is "A Friend In Deed", which, outside the awesome "Smile" song, is Pinkie at her most unlikable. At her best, she can beat out Rarity at times(but never top Rarity's best...), but at her worst, she can make me wish for AJ- my least favorite, to replace her...

5. Fluttershy. She's adorable, and often funny. But I feel she's often written weakly, and that she seems to be very inconsistent in her portrayals. This ultimately keeps her pretty low on my list. Her best episode is really "Hurricane Fluttershy". Period.

6. Applejack. Compared to the other ponies of the mane 6, she's boring as a support character. When she gets episodes, she tends to be pretty dull as well, and often much of the episodes are weighed up by the other members of the apple family. The fact that she's occasionally portrayed as a rather prideful hypocrite- and seldom called out on it- RD, when she has these moments, tends to be aware of them, but with AJ, we're supposed to take her side- doesn't help. I don't dislike AJ, but I really don't appreciate her much either. Frankly, I'd place Applebloom above her in a jiffy. Frankly, Friendship is Witchcraft AJ is several times more entertaining.

• Brohoof 2

1. Twilight sparkle - I can relate to her immensely and just find her so adorable and generally awesome.

2. Fluttershy/Rarity - Fluttershy is just so adorable, its hard to not like her for me. Rarity used to be my least favorite but I really came to appreciate her (specially after seeing sisterhoof social) and her fabulosity.

3. Pinkie/Applejac/RD - Can't really decide past here. RD is adventurous and honorable but also gets on my nerves sometimes. Pinkie is fun and utterly mad but again is just too cringe worthy sometimes. AJ just isn't really me that much. 

Favorite to Least:

1. Pinkie Pie - she's adorable and I love how random she is.

2. Rarity - I actually really disliked Rarity at first, but after the episode "A pony and dog show"(?) I ended up loving her!

3. Fluttershy - She's A LOT like me IRL.

4. Twilight Sparkle - She's alright, I honestly feel neutral about Twilight.

5. Applejack - Same with Twilight

6. Rainbow Dash - I really can't stand RD as a character. The only time I'm finding myself enjoying her personality is when she's with Tank, which is pretty rare.

1. Fluttershy: Cutest, pretty funny, lovely voice and main reason I even started watching MLP. :)

2. Twilight Sparkle: Her bookish nature is cute and funny especially when she freaks out about deadlines and is so uptight. Best voice so far. Usually when you hear sarcasm it's very scintillating but for her it's actually fun to hear.

3. Rarity: Possibly the funniest of the six. Her exaggeration and snooty nature on everything is hilarious. Her voice is awesome as well. Her voice actor should get more credit.

4. Applejack: Possibly the most friendliest of the ponies and able to make strong bonds with others. Very trusting. That's what makes her great. But she can get a bit boring sometimes.

5. Pinkie Pie: Her humor is too predictable and not really funny to me and just kinds of comes out annoying. Kind of like how certain people regurgitate the same humor and you're like "uh huh I've already heard this joke. This kind of leaves her as a character that is just thrown in there to make a full circle. Don't go much for her voice either.

6. Rainbow Dash: I guess I just have a bit of a pet peeve for braggarts. That's the main issue I have with her. Her voice and cracking is the only thing that makes her fun to watch.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

Mine would be:

1- Rainbow Dash

2- Fluttershy

3- Pinkie Pie

4- Rarity

5- Applejack

6- Twilight Sparkle

I don't particularly not like any of of the characters in a strong way though, they're all cool in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

1.) Rainbow Dash

2.) Applejack

3.) Rarity 

4.) Fluttershy 

5.) Pinkie Pie 

6.) Twilight Sparkle 

Rainbow Dash is just a bad ass and to me is the funniest out of the mane 6. Applejack is just awesome because I love southern based characters, I also love how much of an honest friend she is and that's a good trait to have. I love Rarity since she is generous but has flaws of being jealous from time to time, also the dresses she creates are unique and creative. Fluttershy because despite being shy and quiet she will eventually get out of her shell and stand up to her fears. Pinkie Pie would be ranked higher, but she can kinda get annoying sometimes. I like her don't get me wrong. She has some of the best songs in the series though. Twilight is last because I just don't relate to her much. I still love her. But The characters I put up higher are characters I relate to. 

• Brohoof 1

1) Pinkie Pie

2) Fluttershy

3) Rainbow Dash

4) Twilight Sparkle

5) Rarity

6) Applejack

I do like all of them a lot, and I feel sorry for Applejack who's at the bottom of my list but I don't feel she's all that special although she might be the kindest (along with Fluttershy)  :unsure:

1. Fluttershy

2. Rarity

3. Twilight

4. Rainbow Dash

5. Pinkie Pie

6. Applejack 

Fluttershy's been in the top spot pretty much since the beginning, both in part to the fact that she's the one I relate to the most and the fact that her numerous feats of baddassery are hilariously awesome to watch. Rarity I find is very underrated and more often than not hated on for her personality and often times criticized as being the worst at living up to her element. "Suited for Success" takes that claim and throws it in a volcano. Not much to say about Twilight, though I will say it took some time to warm up to Rainbow Dash with her rather annoying braggart attitude.

Pinkie Pie...Pinkie was initially my least favorite because of the fact that she inadvertently causes more problems than she solves, mostly due to her terrible communication skills. Swarm of the Century could have been handled much better if Pinkie had straight out told the others about the Parasprites instead of simply running off. Hell, the episode could have still gone the same route if she atleast tried to tell them but they just brushed her off because...well, she's Pinkie Pie. Then, when they fail in handling the Parasprites they finally listen to Pinkie and help her collect the instruments and might have actually managed to deal with the pests without the entire town being destroyed. Over A Barrel had the chief having second thoughts about invading the town...and then Pinkie steps in and starts singing a song both sides had previously said they hated for no good reason except to be annoying, making the ensuring conflict Pinkie's fault. Lastly,  Luna Eclipsed had the introduction of what I call "Troll-Pinkie", again making the entire conflict of this episode and hurting Luna's feelings entirely her fault.

Only reason she moved up a slot was because of her Smile song and how it does a better job of describing Pinkie's character and motivations than she has over the course of a season and a half.

And before anyone starts breathing down my neck about Applejack, I don't hate her, it's just that I find her the most underdeveloped of the group, partially due to the fact that all her episodes have either focused on the fact that she's bullheaded and tends to bite off more than she can chew, or her connection to her family. That's all well and good, but it doesn't due much to grow her character in my opinion.  

1. Fluttershy - Not only is she heart-achingly adorable, she's also the character I can relate to the most, especially with things like hating to be the center of attention, or the most obvious one, her shyness. Plus, I also think that she has a lot of funny moments in the show.

2. Pinkie Pie - She's funny, wacky, crazy, etc. She's almost as adorable as Fluttershy is, as well. (almost)

3. Rainbow Dash - Although she can be a jerk, she does seem to learn from her mistakes, and when she's not being a jerk, I find her a really likable character. Her design is awesome, too. I'd probably rank her over Pinkie Pie if it weren't for her occasional jerkiness.

4. Rarity - I'll be honest, the main reason why Rarity is higher than both Twilight and Applejack is because I find her to be the funniest out of all of the Mane 6. She's also a great big sister and friend.

5. Twilight Sparkle - Adorkable. That'd be the one word I would use to describe Twilight. Her OCD is also pretty amusing. I rank her at five mainly because I wasn't really a big fan of her character when the series first started off.

6. Applejack - Don't get me wrong, I like Applejack, but I think the main reason that she's last on my list is because there's just really nothing about her that sticks out to me, as opposed to the other 5. It also doesn't help that I find most of her episodes to be a little on the boring side.

1. Rainbow Dash

2. Rarity

3. Fluttershy

4. Applejack

5. Pinkie Pie

6. Twilight Sparkle (Go ahead hate me, call me a "hipster", I don't care)

no one's calling you a hipster, mate, your choices are your own and, if this is the way you feel about them, nobody should tell you otherwise, brohoof for you XD

• Brohoof 1

0) Fluttershy

1) Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Twilight

Other than my small bit of favouritism for Fluttershy, all of the mane 6 are on a level playing field for first place. It was getting harder and harder to rank my favourites because of character development so I scrapped the whole idea. I like each of them for different reasons and I don't think any of the mane 6 deserve to be in last place.

Since others have done so I might as well update mine

1. Applejack

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Rainbow Dash

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Fluttershy

6. Rarity

Pinkie Pie used to be my second because I like her random silly sense of humor, she has moved down on the list not because I like her less but because I have grown to like Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle that much more. Applejack of course remains unchanged because she is just that awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Due to recent episdodes, Dashie has begun to lose my love, don't hurt me all you Dashie fans, please!  Mainly because of this season, she's kinda been a jerk. (except Wonderbolt Academy) Sorry if you don't agree, I'm just stating my opinion.

1 Rarity, She has been my favorite for a long time now, so she's in first

2 Fluttershy, She is most like me, very shy, so i can relate ^^

3 Twilight Sparkle, well, lately i started to like her. She once was my least favorite, but one of my friends made me realize that she is actually quite awesome ^^

4 pinkie pie, I'm not sure about her anymore, but she's still one of my favorite.

5 rainbow dash, she used to be my favorite when i first started watching the show because i love the color rainbow! (XD)

6 Applejack, personally i don't really like her that much, I don't dislike her, i just like her less than the rest ^^

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like making a list of most favorite to least favourite pony but if i had to i would say that Fluttershy is my most favourite and Twilight Sparkle is my least favourite, altough tbh i love all of the ponies. Each one has something i love about them.