Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

When I became a brony i learned how to be a nicer person and not pull mean jokes on people for fun. I also managed to get more friends which helped me climb out of the super gaming swamp  :)

MLP:FiM has made me connect to a community, and showed me what real art and music is.
The fan base is enourmous, all the fanmade stuff are just...  :) 

I especially love the movie nights at bronystate  :D

This show restored my faith in humanity. This show has a good moral education.

This show filled my life with so many joy and happiness. Especially when this show brought me to my special somepony ;)

Oh really? I didn't know that Saphie, haha. I wonder who is it? Would you be so kind and tell me?

Oh Sky! stop it! don't troll with me,I just sharing my experience :blush: If you're really that smart,why don't you just try to find out?

Well, I have an assumption, but wise men always ask their sources about the truth before taking any conclusion, haha.
Haha, alright alright, sorry. Bad habbit.
post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg

My life certainly has changed since I became a Brony.

I am alot more friendly than I used to be...I'm a more sociable and open person and I'm much more cheerful than before. I've also discovered an amazing community of awesome people!

Edited by Windy Flicker
  • Brohoof 3

I think this show really has changed me somewhat. I just seem to be happier a lot more often. Before Friendship Is Magic, I used to worry constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY about stuff. And now I just seem to be a lot more happy and a little bit more social then I used to be . I have always been A really shy person, but thanks to this show and this forum, I think I am becoming a little bit more social then I used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see here...

Before I was a brony, I was a very depressed guy with no future, hobbies or whatsoever.

Now when I'm a brony I feel much better both about myself and mentally. MLP is something that will always lighten my day up.

So I've became pretty obsessed with it but it's totally worth it.

• Brohoof 2

Well. As you fellow bronies know, the moral of MLP:FiM is that friendship IS magic, and to love and tolerate others. I have autism, so my people skills were.... non-existant to say the least. I did have a social worker, which helped, but nothing to the amount of MLP FiM. The 'love and tolerate' really got to me, and I tried to tolerate morons more often... Even if they are... well... morons.

And also, my iPod is filled up with pony wallpapers and memes. So yeah, MLP changed my life :D

• Brohoof 2

No it hasn't, not significantly anyway, I don't need a show to change me (for the better or for worse).

Though I must admit watching it makes me feel happy as it reminds me of similar shows from childhood. 

Nostalgia  :wub:

Edited by PonyPowaX1000

Well. As you fellow bronies know, the moral of MLP:FiM is that friendship IS magic, and to love and tolerate others. I have autism, so my people skills were.... non-existant to say the least. I did have a social worker, which helped, but nothing to the amount of MLP FiM. The 'love and tolerate' really got to me, and I tried to tolerate morons more often... Even if they are... well... morons.

And also, my iPod is filled up with pony wallpapers and memes. So yeah, MLP changed my life :D

I am also on the autism spectrum and wish I had MLP when I was your age I was in a deep depression after the unexpected death of my grandmother who was only 64 and had to deal with my share of morons who decided to take advantage of my socially awkward tendencies which along with other factors caused me to have severe anger issues. I have advanced to the point where most people cannot tell I have autism/aspergers but I am still struggling with depression and anger though they are far more under control then they were back then. While MLP hasn't magically solved all my problems it has helped somewhat with my depression and anger and has brought out my creative side which I have let lay dormant for far too long, I have so many ideas for fan fics I just have to write them all down.

• Brohoof 2

Once I became a brony, I became a lot more freindly towards people. Before, I was a cynical anti-social pessimist. After I became a brony, I started making a lot of friends and gained a lot of confidence.In fact, Im starting to have the same problem pinkie was having in "Too many pinkie pies".

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm it's kinda hard to say if I mlp changed me. :/

Mlp was more less something that was hated and down played just for young girls so I kinda just used my "dont judge a book by its cover" way of thinking and watched it.

1 minute in( oh god )

5 minutes ( not bad:/ )

1 seasons later ... WHY DO I KEEP WHATCHING THIS O____O

AND THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT IS UP and I just left caps on all that-.-

So I goes you could say mlp opened my mind to something good that was said to be bad and girl-ish.

Well, being a brony made me see a new way to see things, be more social, gave me different ideas about what can friendship be, made me enjoy reading, i became frinedlier, made my interests in art( like music and drawing) grow, and made my life not only happier, but it changed my personality in some aspects that really helped me. 

Well as I  have stated in previous posts, I fought in the Afghan and Iraq wars. During those times I was exposed to the darker side of reality such as violence, hatred, ethnic cleansing and all other forms of horribleness. When I came back I was emotionally in a very dark place. However after discovering the Brony community and MLP, well it just plain helps me smile and remember that there is some good left in this world and in peoples hearts. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I would have to say as a person it hasn't changed me much... maybe I'm a little less critical and I tolerate a lot more than I used to, but what it really has changed is my views on certain things in life... some things that I used to just shrug off, or even laugh at, now annoy me, idk it may be how well done the show is, and how it can still make you laugh and enjoy it immensely without the sex, drugs, and violence that too many shows rely on these days... All in all before this show, I was just a bored 18 year old guy that didn't have much to do over the summer... not only did it give me something to do... it gave me this AMAZING community where content is literally being poured out constantly. It gave me hope in this world where everything is done with haste, no effort (and usually made just for a quick profit).  MLP:FIM and it's community have shown me that people can actually still really care about something... and this, along with the show has made me a much happier person.

Edited by Rainbow Derp

Since i become a brony,i started listening to dubstep...like skrillex alvin risk omnipony alex s borgore etc...also im not so sad like before i become a brony ...when im sad,i just watch some pony pics,read some good fanfics,and visit this forum...it just makes me happy :)

Edited by NeMesiS

Eh, it hasn't changed me in any drastic way, I mean I'm still pretty shy, and still not the most confident person ever, I guess over this year I've become more confident and been less sad and depressed all the time(i still have a while to go.) but I'm not sure how much of that is from becoming a brony or not.

Although it has made me have something to watch when I'm bored,(and a forum to post on when bored :P.) and the show cheers me up sometimes when I'm down!

I guess theres some influence that has made me a happier person.

I think the biggest thing that's really changed with me watching MLP, well more with joining the fandom is I actually started drawing. I mean with the tolerance of the people here able to tolerate my first piece of pony art and helping me to improve along the way has boosted my self confidence a bit, I know I still have alot to work on before i'm even half decent, but its alot better then when I started!

Even if i'm not going to be doing much other then drawing randomly when bored, I still think it has helped me have a bit more self esteem seeing as I can actually somewhat draw now, and I'm not constantly saying I can't draw(I still really can't draw most things, except ponys, which I still have work to do on :P.)

It hasn't been a life changing thing becoming a brony I don't think, atleast not yet, honestly watching the show didn't really change me at all that I can tell, if anything the fandom changed me(Because y'all are all awesome :) ) It has helped restore my faith in society when sometimes I don't know if I trust anyone.(I still am not that trusting a person).

I've met some pretty cool people I see around the forums, and its a nice place to be. I haven't become like best buds with anyone here as of yet, but I've got to know some people around the forums. Plus I get to help people on the ocation that I visit life advice forums(I like helping people :). )

And the forums have helped me answer some questions and just have fun chating about the show and pony's.

But again overall I don't think the actual show changed me much, and the forums changed me not that much either. No total life turn around for me yet.

But y'all are still awesome, and so is MLP :).(And being a brony!)

• Brohoof 2

After watching this show, I tried to be even more open minded than I already was, and applied the "don't judge a book by it's cover" concept a lot. This has also been the first fandom that I became very glued to, and feel proud of being part of it. Lego and Minecraft doesn't really have a fanbase I guess, so MLP is the first fandom I participate in.

MLP also gives me something to look forwards to every weekend (a new episoded!!!) Well, after I started watching Doctor Who and Adventure time (both after I began watching pony) I had tons of things I could watch, but nonetheless, I still find joy in watching new pony episodes. Sometimes when I watch a new MLP episode or rewatch an episode I feel "so good I just want to keep smiling forever! :lol: " Once in a while I catch myself with a huge grin across my face when watching the episodes. 

Something being brony has made me realize was that I could be myself and watch what I want. It's ok to watch MLP because it is a great show, and I'm not the only guy watching it (few million others are too.) This also makes me question about gender roles. It has become common for girls to like guy things, such as Star trek and Marvel superheroes, but not alright for guys to like more girl things, such as MLP.

Another thing the bronydom changed me was that it made me think more about the possibility of world peace, or at the very least get rid of racism. Many of our world's problems today do not exist in Equestria, such as pollution, racism, sexists, large scale warfare, etc. In other words, Equestria is like the conceptual ideal world we should be living in today.

• Brohoof 2

Lego and Minecraft doesn't really have a fanbase I guess, so MLP is the first fandom I participate in.

Really? I see fan creations everywhere! Just because there's no fanfic doesn't mean there's no fanbase!

As for myself, I guess I was inspired just a little bit by the show as I was learning how to actually socially interact with people and was generally pulling a Twilight Sparkle. It was nice to see what it was like on the other side.