Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

It made me a whole lot more tolerable of others opinions and such, that's for sure.

It also gave me a new hobby, writing stories.  :lol:

Edited by Crimsonn
  • Brohoof 1

It made me... Well... See that others have the capability of tolerance. I almost killed myself over that. In other words, MLP SAVED my life. No seriously.

But in long story, I had just came out of the closet (I'm bisexual) about 10 months before. I now am being controlled by my grandma (They really both lead my downward spiral)

I took my brothers Multi-tool, pulled out the Hunting Knife, and then thought through my bucket list. Watching all of MLP was the first thing I thought. Here I am, alive after almost committing suicide. It made me realize the Elements of Harmony really exist in other people. I really was on My Little Brony the day or so before.

But I was watching MLP a little before this. Maybe a month or so... So I already knew the show, quite well.

It also slightly changed my personality. I'm more social than I used to be, and I also don't come to the conclusion that a person is a bastard as often.

Edited by Twilight Sniper
  • Brohoof 1

It made me realise what kind of stuff I was rotting my mind with so I no longer watch that stuff or browse that place. It also showed me how people can quickly hate someone for something harmless.

It also made me realise how important being kind to others and friends really is.

• Brohoof 1

It gave me hope for the world.

If something this wholesome, this intelligent and this loveable can become extremely popular in a world that has gone almost entirely insane, a world where the gates of evil have been thrown wide open, perhaps there is justification for looking forward in hope.

• Brohoof 1

When I first found out about the show, like many others, I didn't know what to make of it. It seemed very strange

But as I watched the first two episodes, I began to come back to it and continue to watch until the current episode and until that time, I was officially hooked and frankly, It showed me that despite the cruelty of man in this tainted world, there is still some goodness left in it that is waiting for the very day when it will be shown to the world and that many people from all walks of life can live together in peace someday.

There are some cruel people who intimidate others and berate us fans for watching a show simply for the reason that it is was meant for little girls but if they watched the show and looked a little deeper into it, I'm sure that they'd be completely wrong about it and learn that it is better than they originally thought. In a way, it changed my life forever by giving me a chance to try and shape my own life from scratch when I looked into the fandom that came with it. I'll forever be grateful to it for changing me and peeling the layers of turmoil on me, little by little.

I've spent my entire life growing up as something of a recluse, sure i had friends but i never really got out much and never really got to know them as well as i should have done. When I started watching FIM it kept me engaged for two reasons; one is because it has a fun and lovable cast and the other is because somewhere down the line something simply clicked inside of me and I started to see people differently. It's still quite early days as I've only been a brony for just over a month but already I've begun to notice the good in people more and have started to cherish the company of friends more too. To put a long story short, I've still got a while to go before I completely settle in but at this stage yeah I think things have changed for the better and I'm happy this way :).

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, it has. When I was 5, I used to watch Generation 3 of MLP and had lots of their toys. That didn't really change my life though. When I first saw G4, my life turned into rainbows. Well, sorta. The negative thing about it is that I get made fun of at school about it. People always say, "MLP is gay! "That show is for little girls!" "Why the heck do you watch this?!" That doesn't stop me though. I love it and I always will.  :D

• Brohoof 1

No, not really; or at least not the show itself. However, I've made a lot of great friends on another MLP site, and even though I don't talk to all of them as often as I used to, I'm still really happy to have made such great friends - and I probably wouldn't have met them if it wasn't for MLP. :)

Edited by SparklingSwirls

I guess. Derpy made me feel better, and when I found out the thing about fans wanting her back it made me feel even better. I don't know how to describe it without being cheesy or sounding sad, but I was bullied for being slower when my friend sent me The Last Roundup as a joke to cheer me up. It did, but not in the way he was expecting :3!

Has MLP changed my life?  In truth not so much but

it did a bit bring me closer to a good friend of mine

who does love this show.  It also did show me well

Western animation and story telling has a bit of

hope when it comes to a global standing in a lot

of ways and it is crossing things like nations and lingo

lines in the fandom which I love to see!

MLP has changed how I look at the Internet and how I looked at the so called "weirdos" of my grade. I realized that they all watched MLP and weren't that off; it's just that everybody else had labeled them before getting to know them.

The navy changed my life, it made me more aggressive and depressed, after I was discharged is when the anxiety began. My Little Pony entered into my life just as the anxiety started to mount, so the show helped bring me back to normal, now I can relate to ordinary people again. For me My Little Pony helped me resume my normal life and now I can chat with anyone about anything, MLP may indeed change me life, only time will tell, yet if it does change my life for the better, I would love to share that with experience with bronies should they wish. 

@

*waves hoof*

Just a heads-up about this thread - this one discusses whether being a Brony has changed one's life, which your thread would be better off inside of, so I've merged the two. It means we can have all the discussion in one thread. :) 

YES! When I walk into say....wallmart I always end up seeing pony references EVERYWHERE! Also when browsing the net, or even on Xbox live I see pony references, which sometimes I just wanna sqeee out loud, but cant because my brother is with me or something!