Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your most epic moment in gaming?

Speedy Transition

My moment (2 Moments actually) is not so much an epic moment of gaming skill, but instead a grand epic looking scene. Both are from games in the Total War series.

Ah yes, I get a warm feeling every time I manage to defeat a superior force by outmaneuvering them or set up a perfect cavalry charge (in any game of the series).

Next round, i walk up to the chopper, everyone backs away and lets me get in, start up, take off... and fly directly into a tree, back flipping, blowing up the chopper and killing 5 of my team-mates.

Do you by any chance play Planetside 2?

My most epic moments:

Defending a Fortress in Shogun 2: Total War. I had about 400 dudes against  about 2500 attackers (mostly samurai too). I just played it out to do maximum damage to my opponent's army. My flintlocks absolutely gutted his army, killing all his generals in the process, before running out of ammo (first time that happened to me).

Then the enemy got up the walls and it turned into an absolute meatgrinder of a battle. In the end all that was left was one unit of his ashigaru (peasants) archers (about 80 guys) who fled earlier and were now climbing up the wall and a remnant of my naginata samurai (16 dudes). who had just managed to chase of his last samurai unit.

So I took one look at the dirty peasants scrambling up my walls and just said screw this, banzai. So my guys haul ass over the whole length of the courtyard, eat two volleys of arrows (losing 4 guys in the process) and crash into the archers. After a minute of fighting and me biting my fingernails, the ashigaru break and leave my last two samurai standing triumphant as the only living beings in the castle.

And the cherry on top? One of them got promoted to general (I like to think the other retired to grow bonsai trees).

My most epic fail, also Shogun 2:

After an intense online match, all the was left were my badly beat up yari ashigaru (about 30 guys) and his general with about 7 bodyguards left. I think "I've got spears and he's on horse, I've got this", so I chase him up a hill, talking smack about how he did well, but should admit defeat, when he stops at the top of the hill, dismounts and charges downhill into my guys routing them.

I literally slapped myself for my stupidity before congratulating him.

• Brohoof 2

Wow, I just noticed that OP misspelled "RAAM". /)_-

All (OG) Gearheads just died a little inside...

Bleh, Ummm, I can't think of my most epic moment. I've had quite a few over my years of gaming. It was probably something in Gears. Hell, I've had quite a few in the Battle Network series alone.

I guess the most epic that I can remember right now, is when I was in this little tournament on Gears 3 with some other forumers on the Gears forums and it was me and this guy head to head on KOTH.

We ran up to the capture point, saw each other, and both started bouncing around like crazy while firing off shots from our Gnashers. We somehow did this until the ring moved and ran out of ammo in our shotguns. We then pulled out our rifles, both being Hammerbursts, and continued bouncing around. Ring moved and we both took off towards the next one. We reached the ring, and again, started bouncing and shooting with bucking Hammerbursts! XD I think I died there cause we had to resort to meleeing, which I am horribly against, and he got me.

Oh, so many good times from those games!

-punching Deathclaws in Fallout: New Vegas

You win everything for this alone! XD

I cannot think of anything that can be or is more death-defying than going up to a freaking Deathclaw and punching it.

Well:

Defeating the Elite 4 and Champion for the first time in Pokemon,

Single-handedly defending the last point during an Uber push in TF2,

Having the Little Sisters come out and own Atlas in Bioshock,

Finally defeating Dahlia Hawthorne and bringing justice to the Feys in Ace Attorney,

and many, many more.

Getting pentakills in League of Legends make me feel pretty epic as I'm great at the game and I feel pretty epic.

I think my most epic was during my "very hard" difficulty run through of Rome: Total War. I was struggling to hold off the Greeks for a while and they attacked my biggest army with one double its size. I only really had legionaries with a few archer and cavalry units to hold the flanks of the foot soldiers. It was seriously like a 300 moment. Somehow I actually managed to defeat this humongous army with by just holding my ground and using hit and run strikes with the cavalry on the backs of the heavy units.

I think that particular battle lasted about an hour of me furiously clicking and concentrating as I probably would have lost many cities if I'd lost. 

I've had a few epic comebacks in Starcraft 2 as well where I really should have lost. 1 SCV makes the difference!

I don't know what my greatest moment is, but my most epic failure/worst moment was in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I sat down on a bench, and when I tried to get up I walked inside the wall. I spent about an hour trying to find a way out before I just accepted my fate.    

My most ridiculous moment was also in Oblivion, when me and my friend made a staircase by dropping paintbrushes so that they were partially on top of each other. Eventually it got so high that I reached the edge of the game world and ended up in the gray negative zone beyond. If I tried to move at all I would fall infinitely.

Oblivion was awesome.

My most epic moment in gaming was in Battlefield 3. I got 6 team kills back to back. The other team kept trying to use the Transport helicopter to move their whole team. And if you have ever use the Engineer in BF3 with the Javilin you know how much of a threat you are to vehicles. I wasnt spawn camping or anything like that i just ran into them 6 times and each time i saw them i nukem down. I think thats the most epic thing ive ever done in a video game ever.

I love FPS games and all, but we need some variety here.

This fight is the definition of epic.  Not only do you play as both Sora AND Riku dirung the fight, but it features a final attack that makes those overblown final boss attacks from past RPGs look like a joke in comparison.

• Brohoof 2

Nom, my most epic moment in gaming would have to be in Doom 3 during the final boss. the Cyberdemon.

tumblr_mcqaduGCSx1rvlgln.jpg

I turned on some Culture Shock and had an epic boss battle.

Man, DNB can make anything %20 more epic.   :wub:

But it's not as epic as the Biolizard fight from Sonic Adventure 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ncJ5Ijftc

The ending...  :(

Edited by Supernova

In Left 4 Dead, smoking a survivor out of a closing lift, causing him to be unsaveable.

Batman Arkham City, countering Ra's Al Ghul insane number of attacks

Finally, Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Local multiplayer vs a friend, I'm playing as necropolis, he's playing as dungeon. I'm attacking his castle, he has superior numbers and fully built defenses. I made sure my hero learned hypnosis, allowing me to take control of one stack of his monsters. I take control of his large stack of hydras, their special ability of multiple heads allowing them to attack multiple targets at once. I WIPE HIM OUT!

Mine is unforgettable. Starcraft Brood Wars, when I finally beat my mentor for the very first time. We would play 15-20 games a day, and for months I couldn't beat him, but slowly and slowly I improved my game. 

Then one day, right in the middle of our games, we were on my favorite map, my build order was near perfect. My macro and micro game was great. I perfected my early game zealot push to transition in to my dragoon reaver play, harassed his mineral line with my shuttle reaver and then alternating the dragoons in through his expansion/base. When he typed GG I leaped from my chair in complete joy and yelled as loud as I could. I didn't beat him for another month, and slowly it became a 1 in 4 or 5 game thing.

Finally, Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Local multiplayer vs a friend, I'm playing as necropolis, he's playing as dungeon. I'm attacking his castle, he has superior numbers and fully built defenses. I made sure my hero learned hypnosis, allowing me to take control of one stack of his monsters. I take control of his large stack of hydras, their special ability of multiple heads allowing them to attack multiple targets at once. I WIPE HIM OUT!

Holy crap! I never even pulled that off vs the AI, that must've been one epic match! Would be so much win if you had a video of it on youtube.

my most epic monent was when i was battling the final boss in kirbys return to dream land, and i was ultra sword kirby, and kirby would ke whacking him with all the items kirby could use, then, kirby used the sword last, which turned gigantic. it was really cool B)

just recently in halo 4's war games, I had the sniper rifle and was sighting on one enemy when I saw another coming up behind him figured I'd try a one-two punch and get a double-kill medal. I pull the trigger and the first guy ges down, but the second guy is nowhere to be seen, then I hear the announcer say "Double kill"

2 for 1 headshot.

was awesome

My most epic moment in gaming was playing the last level of Starfox on Nintendo 64. I was careless and lost almost all my health such that one more hit would kill me. I was very careful and still beat the level having avoided all subsequent hits.

The epic moment... that has to be my final battle (no I'm not talking about THE final battle. I don't count that one.) on Final Fantasy VII at the moment and I'll tell you why. I can't proof this, but it's true for me and that's enough, but during my battle with Sephiroth, he did that nasty special attack of his. With that attack, he killed two out of three except Cloud (IKR). Thanks to the fact I had pretty good defense on at the time. Others weren't lucky, but even with defenses on Cloud's HP was about... 500 hp I think.

In any case the situation was that I didn't have time to revive anyone or even heal myself since they both were pretty much useless especially if Sephiroth used his attack again. In other words I was trapped and didn't have much choices left so I did the only thing I could do: I attacked normally with my 4-Slash (or whatever that Materia was with 4 attacks at the same time) on... and I defeated him. His HP was apparently small enough for Cloud to finish him off with a normal attack x4 . Imagine my surprise and joy when I realized I had just beaten the final boss in such epic way.

It was a mid-summer afternoon. My father and I were playing Star Wars Battlefront II. He was an imperialist, while I fought for the rebel alliance. I was targeting a computer player with a sniper when suddenly my father runs right in front of my scope just as I'm pulling the trigger. It was pure luck. And a headshot. I also got to kill the computer player.

Long ago, as a little kid, battling Whitney's Miltank. My team has been absolutely shattered. Quilava is hit with another Rollout and one more hit will do her in. She, however, outspeeds the cow and knocks it out the next turn, getting me the win at only 2 HP.

God I am pathetic

• Brohoof 3

I'm not sure which are mine. I did beat BNK3R and Warrior in Borderlands without even going down once, or even losing that much health at all. 

Still, I think that award goes to a moment I had in Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Well, more like 2 seperate moments. In the Choir, brutes are everywhere, and it's easy to get lost in the dark red mist, so trying to find a place to hide is hard if you don't know your way around. The only real good type of cover are pillars, and even then, they aren't the best type of cover. Anyways, I had triggered the spawn of a brute twice, and both times, I hid behind a pillar, but ALWAYS, the brute would come to the exact same pillar I was at, and would scan that pillar like a dead body.

I wouldn't say it was "epic", just more like a "How the fuck did I survive?" type thing, because I swear, this brute was right in front of me and the pillars were the only thing stopping him from spotting me. It was even harder to do since he kept scanning the pillars. Even worse, the brute always went for the pillars I was hiding behind. It's like the game was trying to screw me over at all costs :P.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

Most epic moment in games? That's a hard question because most of the games I play have epic moments :)

-Metal Gear Solid3: Snake Eater was epic as a whole. Never blew a game my mind as back then

-Paper Mario2: When I got to the last floor of that battle dungeon which is really hard

-Gran Turismo5: Beating Vettel after one week of practice

-BF1943: Playing online as japanese when I got into a Zero, dived towards an enemy point, killed one enemy with my plane gun, then jumped out and survived without parachute, killed two other enemys, got the base and then shot down an enemy fighter with the Flak before our team won.

-Fallout3: Sneaking through a metro station filled with mutants with only 5 rounds left in my pistol

-Getting the last star on Super Mario64 and with that completing the first videogame I ever had, ten years after I got it.

-Motorstorm1: I was really good at this game and won most of the online races, but there was one other driver that was exactly the same skilled. Everytime we raced it was supertight, but winning a race with 0,01 second by catching up to him in the last corner and then racing him head to head towards the finish line was the most thrilling moment I had in that game.

• Brohoof 1

Short and sweet: The ENTIRE game of "Okami". Japanese. Looks like a water color painting. Epic story line, characters, game play.... <3

And also beating Tomb Raider... when I was four years old. Heheheh, my dad's face when I beat the final battle for him....XD

Now i am kind of a nerd. In Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 I was regular Goku not super Saiyan or anything and I was in Galaxy Mode and the boss was Legendary Super Saiyan Broly and here was what it came down to. Broly and I were neck and neck and he was about to use Omega Blaster and i dodged we were both almost dead and then i used my Ultimate Move. While we were both in the red zone, I hit him and he- he was K.Oed and then i jumped up i was all like-"YES! YES I FINALLY DID IT EVEN THOUGH I SPAMMED I DID IT!!! AND I HONESTLY DON'T CARE THAT I SPAMMED ANYWAY YEAH YEAH!!!!!" and then this happened to me:

yes this was me. no i am no john eggyn4deeea97451f7_large.pngbut hey i can feel whatever i wanna feel like. that time i just wanted to fell like john ebert