Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The General Video Masterthread

Tyger

This video is cosmically known by Deus Ex HR fans, but for those who haven't played it, it's a very entertaining watch. I love Deus Ex HR, and I love this video even more. It takes the badass protagonist Adam Jensen out of his daily job of ruthlessly and artfully shooting terrorists and instead makes him dance like an idiot. (In some VERY humorous locations too!)

1:17 gets me every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

Edited by Flipturn

Because this video is always hilarious

I laughed at every moment of it

It was also very nicely animated too

I always lose it at the end of it

Edited by Moog Voyager

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is one of the many epic commercials to air during this year's Super Bowl:

I really should have been thinking of my aunt and late uncle the entire time because they own a farm.  But instead, I was thinking about Applejack. 

What happens when a bunch of trolls invade the Bronystate

chat room and bug the mods endlessly to put on FiM even though they're in the middle of something else? They put THIS on to scare them off...

• Brohoof 1

Is this you?  Yeah, it's me. :lol:

This has to be one of my favorite Animaniacs pieces.  I still laugh my flank off whenever I watch this.  I wish the show was still around; I miss it.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 3

For soem of you don't know me, I'm a independent filmmaker. All I do is making short films. Check them out:

This is made during film school, it's just a warm up:

Crime in the Alley:

And check out this independent short film I've made, it got good reviews, chec it out:

There's No Last Chance:

Right now, I'm trying to make another independent short film later in the future. I'll send you guys of my future update ;)

Also send me your comments maybe here or my private message. I really want to know if I'm quite a good filmmaker or not.

Edited by Robthe1st

Also send me your comments maybe here or my private message. I really want to know if I'm quite a good filmmaker or not.

I just watched both the videos you linked in the youtube masterthread and I'm quite impressed.

Crime in the Alley is very basic, but it was quite well.. I can't really point out any real flaws then the lack of sound and music, but it isn't really anything special.. I adore the black and white style though.

Now on to the bigger one.

There's No Last Chance

This one was pretty amazing, I like how I got a bit confused at the start by the mirror´s reflection and how the radio technically explained the story and it did a pretty good job drawing me into the short film.. The voice acting of the radio also was well done, I liked the different little stories of the callers on the radio show.. It kept you interested and curious why he would´ve done all that. You could also sense the tension coming since you heard the police were on their way.

Now we get to the last few minutes, those didn´t do as good, imo.

I did like the camera shot when he was sitting on his bed and how he disappeard when the cops came in..

My first issue is that why the two cops would go inside an apartment when it is possible there is a heavily armed hostile man inside. (Armed with a shotgun, nonetheless) for situations like this, they would probably first try to negotiate and if that doesn´t work throw tear gas or something similair into the apartment. Now I can understand that because of a limited budget, it would become too expensive but this did cross my mind.

My second issue is when the cop yelled "Don't turn that off!".. Why would he say that? There is no real reason why.. He just suddenly yells him not to turn it off.. With no good reason (for the audience anyway). Only one thing crossed my mind and is that he didn't want to give away their position.. but this seemed unlikely since they were talking commonly to eachother and just jammed into the building making a lot of noise.

My third and last issue the girlfriend was on the radio and she said he was innocent, first I was like: "Really? But why is he carying a shotgun around if he is?" so I was expecting a explination but didn't get one.. Just that he got framed, if he knew he was innocent.. THEN WHY DID HE KILL A COP?! This only led to his death, now if the character isn't really smart and was just panicking I could relate.. but he seemed really calm through the whole film.. So I just assumed the girlfriend was fooled and he really was the killer.. So the girlfriend call thing seemed unnecerry, unless if he would've turned himself in.

Overall, really well done.. There are few other little details like some of the radio lines seemed a bit awkward like "I didn't mean in real life" and "..and thats the end of it.." pretty cold hearted to say to a girl who just lost someweone she loved.

But I really liked the beginning and middle parts, the ending not so much.. But good overall.

PS: The only reason that my  'negative' critcism takes most of the "review" is because I like to explain faults to the detail.. The fact that I only briefly mentioned the good things means I couldn't really find and negative things at the start and middle of the short film.. Which means they were pretty much perfect, imo.  ;)

Edited by Floris

Video thanks to Artemis, who pointed it out in a response over in latest moderator promotional topic. Found this both amusing and catchy. Didn't even know there were songs in existence to things like this xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I find this to be very funny. It'll start kinda slow in the beginning, but watch the whole way through and if you don't laugh, something must be wrong.  Sorry if this has already been posted.

Edited by The Pulse
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, the memories! This was the very first PMV I saw when I first discovered My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic .  This should have been an official promo for the show; It's that good!

[if you want to disable annotations, click on the fifth icon from the lower right corner of the screen.]

A bad-ass clip from 'Supernatural', a TV show that you should be watching if you aren't already. In this scene, Dean Winchester, one of the primary antagonists, enters a diner full of dead individuals, seeking The Angel of Death, who has been bound to serve Lucifer due to powerful magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt2mH4PpSkk

(edited)

Really old, and I'm sure it's been added before, but I found this video like a week ago, and I find it fucking hilarious

(Warning: Contains NSFW language)

Edited by ☣Betez☣