Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is or was your favorite subjects in school?

Nah

Definitely “Planets in our Solar System”. Graduate physics credit? For a class I could have aced when I was five? Yes please.

It’s a nice break from the work for the other two classes I have to take. Which somehow hasn’t been helping me all that much compared to not having a break at all.

Edited by truth is life

English is my best subject. But writing is my favorite subject. I get straight As in them both. They are so easy! They are basically things you already know retreaded to you! XD

In high school, I always excelled in my math and foreign language classes (Spanish). Math came pretty naturally to me, and everyone told me that I had a knack for learning new languages.

When I started college however, after my 1st upper division math course (Intro to logic and proofs), I found that it wasn't the right major for me. So I swapped to Economics whilst taking chemistry classes at the same time as filler. Needless to say, I'm enjoying my science classes much more than my economics classes. Maybe Twilight had something to do with it since she loves science and experimenting so much tongue.png

Math.  Always apparently the most hated subject for most people, but I never got that.  Love calculus, Algebra, or anything to do with probability.  The reason why I love sports so much is probably due to the statistical analysis side, especially baseball.

A calculator for tips? Pshaw.  I don't even need a pen and paper.  Just give me a few seconds and I'll do it in my head. 

Other classes I enjoy are programming (loved learning to write Java and HTML), physics, and even creative writing.  I used to be a rather good writer, but haven't done anything in years.

• Brohoof 1

I am good at math, i can get a 90% - 100% on every test, but it's very boring and my teacher is way too enthusiastic and she yells at us whenever we don't do what she says. There is one person in class that has ever gotten a better grade on a test than me.

Man, when I graduated from high school I was at the lowest of my class. Straight Fs, baby! Now, when I started my first semester of college I got straight As which I did not expect at all.

If I actually do the work it looks like I'm fine, of course I haven't really taken much classes so far and dropped out because lol it costed too much. I do really, really, really remember loving psychology, though. In fact, that was the only class in high school that I took that I got an A in which was also my only passing grade.

That I'm taking right now? None.

In highschool, my friends said I was good at physics though I think that was mostly due to a particular fluke. And then there was band (and pretty much any other music class) which was a cake walk but I don't really count that since I already knew how to play music, I just needed the credit.

In college, the computer science classes were not too bad and the digital systems design classes were really easy for me. These days though, everything is a struggle. 

i always have been good at Spanish (well that is my first language)

i always got the best grades on this class.

and curiously i always have been bad at english xD (that is not a surprise)

and on those classes with numbers (math, physics...) xD

Edited by 푸딩군

English and history mainly I suppose. I am not too good at much, but I like to think I'm pretty good at those subjects. Not horrible at biology or psychology either.

Edited by BronyWithRage

I get straight As in all classes, although they don't come easy in Art (it took me two days and a calculator to draw a grid until I realized I could just divide it into even segments)...

I'm good at English but it can be rather exhausting. However, my talent for Latin (and very likely all languages) is somewhat ridiculous. I don't even have to try and study for that class. While I am disappointed that I did not get Spanish for high school, with Latin as my language class, at least I know that it will be easy...

• Brohoof 1

In high school I was very good at English, History, and art. I was in AP classes for all three of them (had 5 AP classes total in senior year alone), and I even got a 5 on the AP English test :) Of course the college I went to did not even take that into consideration and shoved me in the regular english class. Didn't even count aany of that credit, while it took the credits I got from my 4 on the AP US Gov test and 5 on the AP Studi Art portfolio...Still bitter about that.

But anyway! Yeah, I just really, really suck at math-y and science-y classes, but I really excel in Arts, Literature/Writing and History.

I'm pretty much, good at this list of classes since I'm in 10th grade.

- Global History/Geography

- Earth Science

- Spanish II

- English

- Art

- Gym

- Algebra .. ( Not the best at math, but I try.)

I was never a fan of math or good at it but, there is the classes in my school that I'm good at.

I do pretty well in all my classes. I guess I'd put English and Calculus as my top core academics, though my test Scores in Calc have declined a little this semester. I also do pretty well in band. I know all my major scales, hardly ever miss rehearsal, and can write a pretty decent concert critique. :B Uh... I could do better at government, but honestly I just don't think putting the work to get a perfect score is worth it for that class. I'm okay with putting in a little less effort and still getting a decent grade. My class in java is pretty fun, though the workload is so ridiculous. Also, Science has always been my least favorite subject, but I still understand it pretty well. 

I'm pretty stellar at all my clinical psychology courses. I had a 3.9 in all of graduate school. It comes down to what I excel at which is applied medical...I did great in paramedic school way back when too

me and medicine and the mind get along well

I'm good at some stuff in school:

Religion (what its for, I don't know)

Science (biology, I know a lot of background which surprises teachers)

But languages are my strong point, I study(ied):

French

Italian

German

Spanish

Greek

Latin

And I'm good at most of them, but not fluent (yet)

Oh, and electronics, circuit boards and soldering. I make a lot of stuff, including my Xbox controller's mods. I'm good at computing too.

I've always been very good at Math (specifically Algebra), and people tell me that I'm an 'excellent' writer.  I can't write fiction for crap though.  I need sources and information!  Right now, I'm striving to be a GPU architect, and one of the requirements for that is C++, which I have yet to acquire the knowledge of.

As for hobbies, I spend most of my time on the computer.  Most of that time is spent on forums and things, but I do like to dabble in Electronic Music production and StarCraft II gaming.  I'm also learning HTML independent of school, so I guess that constitutes as a hobby.  For all you programmers out there, it's probably unimpressive, but I'm only in high school, so give me a break. 

English.   I have A's in all of my classes, but English stands out as my best.  

I find literature to be fascinating, no matter what form or country of origin.  It has to be translated of course.  :P.  But still. 

Almost everyone seems to be talking about high school, so I will give a brief recap of my academic success from those years. I managed to get straight A's in my sophomore year. All my other years were mostly A's and B's. Which subjects was I good at? English was always one of my strong suits. For my senior year of high school I was asked if I wanted to go to an AP class but I chickened out and said no. But it didn't have any lingering ill effect. All of the colleges I was hoping would accept me accepted me and my senior year English teacher was a great guy who could see my talent and treated me accordingly. I did well enough in Spanish but I don't have the gift for different languages others seem to have.

I was also generally very good at science. History was a bit hit or miss. It depended mainly on my ability to memorize historical accounts in textbooks and I don't have a photographic memory. I was a whiz at geometry because I could relate numbers to graphics, making the concepts easy to grasp. Algebra, on the other hand, was my downfall. The only time I ever had to go to summer school was for freshman year algebra and that was no fun at all. The kids in those summer school classes were nasty!

Almost everyone seems to be talking about high school, so I will give a brief recap of my academic success from those years. I managed to get straight A's in my sophomore year. All my other years were mostly A's and B's. Which subjects was I good at? English was always one of my strong suits. For my senior year of high school I was asked if I wanted to go to an AP class but I chickened out and said no. But it didn't have any lingering ill effect. All of the colleges I was hoping would accept me accepted me and my senior year English teacher was a great guy who could see my talent and treated me accordingly. I did well enough in Spanish but I don't have the gift for different languages others seem to have.

I was also generally very good at science. History was a bit hit or miss. It depended mainly on my ability to memorize historical accounts in textbooks and I don't have a photographic memory. I was a whiz at geometry because I could relate numbers to graphics, making the concepts easy to grasp. Algebra, on the other hand, was my downfall. The only time I ever had to go to summer school was for freshman year algebra and that was no fun at all. The kids in those summer school classes were nasty!

AP? What does it stand for in your school? I wanna know because I have a subject called AP to, which I get an 98 average at, but it seems like we are in different countries. Aside from that, I get 90s in everything except Science, which is 85, so I'm good to go.

Funny I've flipped my bad math skills on its head this year. In high school, I was completely hopeless at math. By this, I mean I was getting bare passes, 60-62%. This year, even though the material is more challenging in college, I'm pulling off 90%+ on tests and assignments.

Physics has also really turned around, I went from 55% in high school to 90's. These major improvements have really helped my confidence and I'll probably be a shoe in for my engineering program next year.

AP? What does it stand for in your school?

Sorry, I forgot not everybody is familiar with this jargon.  AP means "advanced placement" which is more challenging for better students at given subjects.  And because I'm good at writing I was considered for AP English. 

Sorry, I forgot not everybody is familiar with this jargon.  AP means "advanced placement" which is more challenging for better students at given subjects.  And because I'm good at writing I was considered for AP English. 

Oh. It can also mean Araling Panlipunan, which is Pilipino for History and Civics. Yeah, I somehow managed to ace the second-most difficult subject.

Well, i only really get computing based classes right now as i'm at university studying Computer Science.

I do well in all my classes, with the exception of Maths for Computing, which i just do well enough to pass.

I do best in Information Systems (mainly because it basically the computing side of  business studies), and Problem solving... i also do rather well in software development.. Tbh, i do well in my other classes too (Computer Systems and operating systems) so far i've had a distinction in everything ive done for all my classes (besides Maths)

In secondary school, where the learning was general rather than specific to computing.

I did best in ICT, Business Studies, Science (all of them, weakest being chemistry) and History. My school wanted me to stay with them for 6th form (final 2 years) to do science. My greatest passion out of those was a tie between ICT and History, had i not gone to do ICT i would have done History and probably followed up with a history degree at University and taken a job as a history teacher.