Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's The First Piece of Pony Merchandise You EVER Bought, and When?

Princes  Cadance

I don't remember exactly when it was (this August I think) but it was a My Little Pony Top Trumps set (a card game which is popular in the UK, I don't know if they have it abroad).

I went back the following week and bought a Rainbow Dash vinyl model. I usually consider that to be the first real piece of pony merch I ever bought.

The first MLP merch I ever bought was a Gen 3 Scootaloo miniature brushable, it was in a Blind Box with candy. :3 

That was what first introduced me to MLP actually, sadly I no longer have this figure (things always seem to go missing :( )

Hmm, let's see...I think it was a little dollar coloring book I found at Jo-Ann's X3

Now I have:

• four coloring books total
  • the Elements of Harmony book
  • the Journal of the Two Sisters book
  • the Return of Queen Chrysalis arc of the IDW comics
  • MLP: Under the Sparkling Sea by Mary Jane Begin
  • DVDs of seasons 1-3
  • the Adventures in the Crystal Empire DVD I bought back before they released the season DVDs and am thinking of selling in the future, since I don't need it anymore X3
  • the MLP Memory game,
  • the MLP Monopoly game (whose figurines I keep on my desk :D)
  • the Funko POP Twilight figurine
  • this bracelet
  • two posters from Etsy
  • an Elements of Harmony T-shirt (I used to have a Flutteryay shirt but it got smelly because the fabric was too thin and we had a dander problem in my house :P If I want another Flutteryay I'll probably make one, on a thicker shirt)
  • a Twilight Sparkle Superstar folder
  • a Twiley-in-a-stocking Christmas ornament (which looks better than the picture in real life XD)
  • a Shrink-Art Twiley ornament my mom made me in 2012 of this vector

And yet to come is the season 4 DVD in December! :D

...I believe that's it, lol. In the future, I plan to collect the rest of the IDW comics, and possibly find the G. M. Berrow Daring Do books on eBay one of these days :3 And who knows what else I'll get/make in the future? :D

The first piece of merchandise I ever came across was a thrown out plushie of Rainbow Dash I found behind my apartment. Unfortunately it was extremely dirty and had weird stains all over it so I left it there. I still wonder what happened to it.

img-2750046-1-14245244286_2fd8818d9a_z.jI

A gift from my friend I didn't buy it but it was my first merch, just got it today :3

It looks like Discord corrupted Octavia. Edited by Roughshod

First MLP merchandise I owned was an MLP comic book given to me as a gift.

The first I ever actually bought was a Rainbow Dash mug. I feel 20% cooler every time I sip coffee from it in front of the guys (despite what they think, haha).

• 1 month later...

It was a t-shirt with discord on it :) I bought it like a few months after I joined mlp forums. I picked discord cause I didn't want something that everyone would know came from mlp ^.^

• Brohoof 1

My first piece of merch is this Rainbow Dash bag. I got it at an anime/video game convention that was held around July 2012.

20141229_231556.jpg

I first bough mlp march in g3 which was a t shirt when I was about 15. I grew bored of mlp and rediacovered it in g4 when I bought a starter deck of the mlp card game for a laugh. Little did I know the game would be awesome and I'd end up collecting them. After that I though t I'd skeptic ally watched the show and bam I was hooked forever and in lot of debt with all my pony spending :P

I haven't bought any and I don't plan to. In my view it's all just marketed junk made by underpaid workers in factories and sweatshops overseas. Congrats to everyone for contributing a bigger percentage to Hasbro's revenue than me.

Well actually I may have bought a Pinkie Pie doll for my niece for her birthday, but I'm not certain.

Edited by Roughshod

I'm actually having to think right now because all of my early MLP merchandise that I remember were gifts. The first one I bought for myself was, IIRC, Build-A-Bear Pinkie Pie.

• 2 weeks later...