Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Hate About Yourself

Nixter

Hate is a strong word... so I don't really "hate" anything about myself, but I have things that I dislike:

I have a really difficult time with relationships... this includes friendships, work relationships, romantic relationships.  I've come to realize that the problem isn't with other people, it's definitely me.  But I am not 100% sure what, exactly, it is that makes it so difficult. I suppose part of it is I am a very "all or nothing" sort of person. If I am 100% emotionally invested in someone, I will go to the ends of the Earth to make them happy... even if making them happy ends up making me miserable. I either absolutely love and adore someone or really couldn't care less about them and I think most people are much more "middle ground" in how they feel about people.

I overthink and overanalyze things.  It's not even a conscious thing and things I said or did YEARS ago still bother me.  I also remember things said and done for, well, for a LONG time. I try really hard to "forgive and forget", but the reality is that I am likely going to remember an emotional situation for decades.

I cry really, really easily. And it's not just when I'm sad. I cry in pretty much any emotionally intense situation (sad, angry, intensely happy).  I know it has hurt me professionally, I know it drives people I am romantically involved with insane.  I've spent a LOT of time trying to break myself of it and I'm better than I was when I was younger.  I once asked a therapist if we could work on it and was told that it would "warp my personality very intensely"  to do so and was advised against pursuing it.  Sometimes I find myself wondering if the warped personality might have been preferable.  I know that people think that I do it on purpose to get what I want or to be manipulative, but that's not true. 95% of the time, I don't WANT to cry when I do.  And then I get so angry with myself about crying that I cry harder. *sigh

And... I INTENSELY dislike being lied to.  I know sometimes people think that a lie spares feelings, but when I find out later I was lied to, it makes the situation (to me) so much worse. And I know that the crying thing seems to cause people to lie to me because they don't want to deal with me being emotional about something.  Sometimes I want to tell people "FFS, just say what you need to say, hurt my feelings and then we'll just move on".

Finally, my upper arms...if I had the power to change one thing about my body, I think my upper arms would likely be the top of the list... or in a tie for the top of the list.  I am constantly looking at all of the latest exercise trends for a way to tone my upper arms.

• Brohoof 1

I'm socially awkward, shy, super lazy, stage fright, lazyyyy, clingy, paranoid motherbucker, and I use a crazy personality to hide my socially awkwardness. SO MUCH AWKWARDNESS. Awkward is my middle name. And my hair is super static I get called Medusa. ._. And I am addicted to juice, so I gotta stop that. Hm...what else.........................hrm.

Nah, I got nothing.

In conclusion, I am awesome.

• Brohoof 1

-How I cannot gain a pound, and when I do, I lose it.

I'll trade you.

I don't see what's to hate about that, especially since being thin is and always will be the thing to be.

I'll trade you.

I don't see what's to hate about that, especially since being thin is and always will be the thing to be.

Lol, I just feel like I could be a little bit more bigger. I wanna weigh at least 115 lbs :X but I do eat a lot...so I guess im not really unhealthy xD

That I have no self confidence. That I've always been single, even know I know some girls that without a doubt would say yes, but I'm too afraid to ask. That I'm quiet. That I don't know what love really feels like. That I can't seem to find an actual person who can help me learn the proper way to sing. (Now I feel like I'm just complaining.)

I'm socially awkward, shy, super lazy, stage fright, lazyyyy, clingy, paranoid motherbucker, and I use a crazy personality to hide my socially awkwardness. SO MUCH AWKWARDNESS. Awkward is my middle name. And my hair is super static I get called Medusa. ._. And I am addicted to juice, so I gotta stop that. Hm...what else.........................hrm.

Nah, I got nothing.

In conclusion, I am awesome.

I used to be just like that, the awkwardness that is. Try acting out a different character, personally I like to steal the traits of Ciel Phantomhive, and it got rid of the awkwardness. Just make sure not to take the negative traits, unless absolutely necessary.

• Brohoof 1

Follow me, friends.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/94412-things-you-like-about-yourself/?p=2513446

Now unto the topic, to even out my karma:

-I'm very dry, and sometimes my jokes are taken seriously, so I have a habit of saying "that's a joke" or "get it?" IRL.

-I have 2 ulcers: one major one located in the middle of my throat (somewhere in the middle of my chest) and a smaller one in the base of where my esophagus ends.

They both act up and hurt whenever I get hungry or overly-sad/overly-angry.

-I don't like it when people touch me, and it was the bane of 1 relationship.

-I have a,piss-poor relationship with my mother, who hates me because I remind her of my dad.

-when people buy something for me or are in the process of doing so, I always ask the price. Its a horrible thing to do, I know...

-I am a notoriously great liar, something I am on again/off again proud/ashamed off.

I can think up a ginormius web of fact-checked lies in the span it takes you to finish your point of view and am.sometimes compelled to lie even whet the situation doesn't call for it. I do not lie on the internet, curiously, and I haven't told a lie in a long time for the sake of the people around me.

I haven't hurt anyone with the lies before and most certainly haven't made people distrust me with "constant lying", I just looked back at moments in my young life and thought "sh*t...I can be better than that."

Edited by Dattebayo

Freakishly skinny...I'm just unable to gain any fat or muscle whatsoever. :/ Also my big beaky nose. I struggle to make friends...I only have about 5 or 6 in real life. I'm a massive coward, I've been watching MLP for a year and bi for 5 months and I don't have the guts to tell my parents. Plus my hair won't grow down the way I want it to, so it has to be short. :|

This list. Time to go to town on this one.

1. I'm really really ugly. Too much hair, I mean, WAY TOO MUCH HAIR!

2. I'm apparently a burden on my family.

3. I get mood changes easily. Uncontrolled, and random as heck.

4. I despise how I like things involving violence. Why such a cruel thing?

5. I despise how I am extremely derpy a quarter of the time (practically literally)

6. I despise my voice. It's several octaves too deep.

7. I despise how I can't really talk to anyone. Unless I'm jacked up on caffeine.

8. I despise my temper, or the fact I even have such a thing.

9. I despise how weak I am. I can hardly lift 50 pounds. Even then, my back practically crumbles.

10. I despise the fact my body tries to regurgitate every time I eat: (long list)

11. I despise my complexion. Way top much acne.

12. I despise that I act super silly and super stupid occasionally.

13. I despise how easily bored I am.

14. I despise that I suck at anything that doesn't involve math, writing, video games, or music.

15. I despise how disgusting I am.

I hate when I'm so lazy I can't even make myself muffins.  :muffins:  :derp:

That was awesome xD  muffins blueberry yeahhh 

OT 

Probably most times I tell myself to do something later on and forget/neglect to do so. Putting things off and self motivation too. 

• Brohoof 1

That I procrastinate a lot.

Its a really bad habit and I need to get rid of it completely, Iv done so less when it comes to drawing and art study in general as of late but, I still do it with a lot of other stuff... :/

I also feel that Im someone who is not a very good friend, Im almost cretin that some of the people on this forum have both removed me form their friends list as well as have left the forums because I don't really talk to them often enough.

This is a pretty depressing thread btw, I mean your basically promoting self hate which is never a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I think being self aware of your problems can help you in the long run because as they say "Only when you know your limitations will you achieve your prime" but still... 

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 1

I hate the fact that I simply cannot detect for catch on to any kind of sarcasm.

I also hate how....how do I put this...

The nicest people are the scariest and most dangerous kinds of people when you actually do make them angry. And boy, do I explode. Literally. Like, rapidash twilight-sparkle-catching-on-fire-in-rage explode.

It was not a pretty sight on my most recent blow up. I would rather not go into details.

Also, I'm a procrastinator as well.

Edited by Steel Thunder

A lot of things:

-My face that looks like a little kid.

-Overweight.

-Not good at math.

-Low attention span.

-Anger problems.

-Paranoia.

-General anxiety.

-Depression.

-Virgin.

-Few friends.

-Shy.

-Attention addict.

-Scared of the world.

Grow some face hair, friend.

I too, have a baby face. A moustache and goatee later, I have a significantly manlier face.

I wish I could permanently get rid of all my facial hair. I hate the itchy feel of it and when the hair on my neck gets caught in my shirt collar, but shaving is worse; it takes too long, never gets everything, hurts my skin, and skin lotion only helps to an extent.

I wish I could permanently get rid of all my facial hair. I hate the itchy feel of it and when the hair on my neck gets caught in my shirt collar, but shaving is worse; it takes too long, never gets everything, hurts my skin, and skin lotion only helps to an extent.

Keep it shaped and neat, don't just let it grow willy nilly

Keep it shaped and neat, don't just let it grow willy nilly

I can't stand any facial hair beyond a certain state of growth; it itches like crazy. Not to mention it doesn't grow well: patches of my face don't get covered, giving me a diseased, homeless look.

I appreciate your interest in helping me, but you'd have to see a picture of my face to understand just how hopeless such a venture is.