books The Book Thread

Octavia2

I have to say the Hunger Games trilogy. It was so addicting. I stopped obseessing over it once I finished the trilogy, though. But still, good books.

Mine would be:

Reaper-Man-by-Terry-Pratchett.jpg Yup, a great book in my opinion. The best book I have Probably!!!!! XD

My sister took me to a bookstore insisting I should read more, she bought me this and now I am fulltime bookworm because of it :D

I remember I took the book EVERYWHERE with me until I finished it.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite book ever has to be Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. 

I loved all of the Harry Potter books but this one was my favorite. 

From Wikipedia: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is the sixth and penultimate novel in the Harry Potter series by British author J. K. Rowling. Set during protagonist Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts, the novel explores the past of Harry's nemesis, Lord Voldemort, and Harry's preparations for the final battle alongside his headmaster and mentor Albus Dumbledore.

Maybe The Diary of a Wimpy Kid because I am a kid.  :lol: I never really read a lot of books, because I am a kid.  :lol: (again) I don't read 

a lot of books, but I like reading. I read more fanfics then books. Strange isn't it?

K as for favorite book it was inly a short story at first but did get its own release as a stand alone from Richard Bachman (AKA Stephen King) The Long Walk that was a seriously good read

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see.

post-15662-0-07484800-1375318422.jpg

My favorite book from my favorite fantasy series

post-15662-0-39324000-1375318430.jpg

My favorite book from my favorite zombie series

post-15662-0-56594000-1375318443_thumb.jpg

The best sports book I have read. (And I have read tons of sports books)

Honorable Mentions: A Storm of Swords- Book III A Song of Ice and Fire

Loose Balls- Its about the ABA. (Not perverted)

All the LOTR Books- My 2nd favorite fantasy series

Edited by Super Derpy

I've only ever read one book by my own choice and that was Before I Die by Jenny Downham which inspired the film Now Is Good. The book is absolutely breathtaking and follows the story of a 16 year old girl who was diagnosed with lymphoblastic leukemia from a young age and shows what she wants to do before her inevitable death.

This book literally had me in tears at almost every part. It's so great to read and it will inspire you to do a lot more with yourself. If you need a pick me up when you're feeling bad or just general reassurance that your life could be worse, then read this book. It is amazing and is an absolute 10/10

My favorite book is a hard one...

I have a collection of books that are my favorites but if i had to pick, i couldn't say a single book, but a series, The Inheritence Cycle:

220px-InheritanceCycleCovers.png

I absolutely loved reading them, the movie Eragon ruins the whole story, infact i have NEVER been so angry at a movie in my life, it does a poor job of following the book in the first place then at the last 15 mins it drops the major spoilers from the next two books, so bucking annoying! 

I do highly recommend The Black Magician Trilogy:

tumblr_mc7njp4Fda1rs2asl.jpg

Which actually is followed up by The Traitor Spy Trilogy:

FotoFlexer_Photo-34.jpg

Its set after The Black Magician Trilogy but in the same world.

There is also The Kingkiller Chronicle

201202022054-ams111-kingkiller.jpg

The 3rd book is currently being written, the author takes his time with each book but if you read them you can understand why ^^ i would probably rate these two above previously mentioned Black Magician and Traitor Spy books but if you read those instead you will have a  longer lasting journey of the mind  ;)

Oh and if you have never sampled the work of H.P Lovecraft, you really should:

2870108-necronomicon_745239.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I tend to never finish the books I read. Once I'm satisfied with the story, I like to imagine the rest.

But there are actually a few books I completly finished.

Inheritance serie, or Eragon, if you prefer.

Also, my favorite Fantasy book is "I don't remember tha name" (Night-something). I read 2 books out of 5. I felt the story ended there. But I'd like to read the others.

My favorite kind of books is actually documentary - informational.

And my #1 book is a book about dragons around the world.

I love mythology creatures, mostly dragons. :)

Well outside of Manga

My favorite book is Threshold by Caitlin Kiernan

It's a dark fantasy book about  paleontologist Chance Matthews who is mourning the last of her family when she is confronted by an albino girl who knows things about Chance's past that she shouldn't be able to, saying that she's been sent by an angel to ask for chances help in seeking out the remains of a creature hundreds of millions of years old, something that couldn't possibly have existed back then. But it did. And still does...

I highly recommend it

And when I'm feeling down, I go back to Party Of One: The Loner's Manifesto (no relation to the episode, though I'm sure pinkie could've used that book). It's a book about why being a loner and being asocial or anti-social in the world isn't a bad thing, and while the world frowns down upon social recluses, it begrudgingly needs them too.  A good book if you wish to feel vindicated on why you feel so distant from people and detached from the world.

The kind with pages and words. Honestly, I read so much that whatever book I'm currently reading is usually my favorite. I do really like the Chronicles of Narnia still, and I re-read it every year. 

(sorry if there's already such topic)

So, what do you prefer in reading, my dear friend?

I used to be a big fan of S.King. Butt last time i carried away of dystopies like Orwell's 1984 or Huxley's Brave New World.

Well, everyone here should feel free to  share their experiences or ask for advice about something. And remember:

I am the worst literature lover in the world. I love reading, but I find it hard to the time to read any of my books anymore. I currently have three unread Dune novels, two unread Discworld novels, an unread Anne Rice novel, a James Herbert novel, Doll Bones, The War of the World, and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time sitting on my book shelf. 

That's how far behind I am on my reading.

I'm currently reading through my copy of Mort whenever I Get the chance, which is usually when I get into bed early enough. ._ .

Twilight would be so disappointed with me.

Edited by Hansel

@@unil,

I've merged your thread with one that we already had for discussing books and things that we've read :). Just so you know. I read all sorts of things, but I tend to love mystery and fantasy novels, like the Song of Ice and Fire books.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

John Green is a very good author. I just finished The Fault in Our Stars and Looking For Alaska and I plan on reading all of his books this school year.

FRICKKITY FRACK

JOHN GREEN IS BEST HUMAN.

I JUST FINISHED THE FAULT IN OUR STARS AND LOOKING FOR ALASKA AND JOHN GREEN I LOVE YOU no homo

Markus Zusak is also a good author. I'm reading The Book Thief right now i swear to god if anyone spoils this book i will fucking kill you and it's very good so far.

Favourite book? I can't pick one from the series so Ill just say I LOVED the Dune series. I lost count of how many times I've re-read them. Bought the set off ebay a while back and working my way through the Horus Heresy at the moment. Just a preference of mine I like sci fi books more than fantasy :3

I actually finished Scott Westerfield's Behemoth not too long ago (yeah, I know, I'm a slow reader) and finally got around to buying the final book in the trilogy, Goliath. I haven't started it yet but I will soon. 

In other news, I kinda put off finishing The Elegance of the Hedgehog...

• 1 month later...

My favourite is "Enemy at the Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad" by William Craig
post-18648-0-22237000-1381177773_thumb.jpg
Its an amazing war story set in Stalingrad during the German occupation. It's a compilation of stories from soldiers of both Russia and Germany. And the movie based on this is also amazing

Edited by Flipturn

I love so many books that it's basically impossible for me to pick a favorite so I'm just gonna show two books I recently read that I consider among my favorites.

One is, Ready Player One written by Ernest Cline:

Ready-Player-One-395x600.jpg

This is a fun and exciting Sci-Fi tale and a love letter to the 80s and nerd culture. It's a fantastic book in my opinion biggrin.png!

The other is:

The Dresden Files series from Jim Butcher

aa-stormfront.jpg

This is a contemporary fantasy story with noire elements and a very compelling main character and supporting cast and a very interesting world. I'm only at the second book (from what I can tell each book is it's own story but certain plot elements carry over from one to another) but what I have read so far is fantastic! Murder mysteries with Werewolves, Noire atmosphere with Wizards and Paranormal Entities. At first it might look like an unlikely combination but it works so well, it really has to be read to be believed! 

Edited by Armchair Adventurer

• 3 weeks later...

Every single book there is XD . Joking, of course.

Hmm... my top favorite is definitely Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, that book simply defines me in a way. 42. ;) I love its one-of-a-kind humor, and many other stuff that make this sci-fi book indeed very special.

The other top ones would be:

• Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Most especially Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the 7th book in the series. I just seem to enjoy that fantasy element that's covering it, the whole new world that's created, magic spells...
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell. Well... probably a book that left the strongest impression to me. Ever.
  • and many, many more...

I actually tend to enjoy many books, as long as they can be properly sniffed and kept ^^ . But, fantasy appeals to me the most, just.