Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Keep Going?

The Stranger

What the future brings to me...last year was one of the terribles years in my 20 year old life. Felling 90% of things I done, goes wrong...little things(Get hurt), more interesting things(Button only 9th in Formula 1) or really big things(Death from my mother)...but I want too see, what future brings...and hope, it will be better than last year...and afterall, 2013 has one absolutly good thing...it was the year, I start watching MLP^^

The future. That's why I keep going. I'm really young and I haven't experienced much. I know the future holds many experiences, good and bad, and I welcome both of them. Plus, I know there is only one life and I want to make the most of that life before I die.

Edited by ~Zero~

might sound stupid. but YOLO. you only live once dont you. so why not make the most of it, and also i couldnt kill myself or anything. i couldnt do that to my family or friends.

I have a family and friends who I love. Even if some people don't love me, I stay alive so I can help keep them alive.

Also, I know my purpose. I'm Christian. I believe I was put here for a reason, even if God hasn't shown it to me yet.

Well, I have a lot to live for, and i'm really close to my Mother, and sometimes you just gotta sit back and not take other people's crap, and you can't take some things to seriously.

In no Particular order:

I have a bright future ahead in Engineering

Someday perhaps I will meet my special somepony

Great Friends

Music and Art, music of all kinds, as for art it's mostly epic fan pieces from the show. 

Cheesy Inspirational quotes

Every day the things that keep me going are my music and my friends. My school allows technology throughout the school day so I can normally block out everyone with music during school. And knowing that I can come home and listen to music and be with friends that I enjoy talking to makes everyday worth it.

Im kind of a doormat like Fluttershy :( I'll sacrifice my own happiness if it'll make someone else feel good. I smile a lot when I'm with my friends but when Im by myself I hardly ever smile. I guess that means Im kind of an emotionally needy person? On a brighter side ever since I downloaded the Pinkie Pie desktop where her smile is pressed up against the screen I smile a lot more now. Pinkie's Pie cutie mark is a beautiful thing when you think about it. Because having the talent to make people smile is overlooked. She has talent of heart. Almost like her element should be happiness mores than laughter??? 

my friends, my music, and the will to live all keep me going. They're all I have. Without them I'd be nothing for sure.  :D

Edited by FIutt3rguy

I keep going for four main reasons.

1. Friends and family, I want to keep them happy and not let them down

2. The incentive and to become the best version of myself

3. To fix this awful and unforgiving world step by step, day by day.

4. To have fun and make the best of everything

Edited by BassBrony

Life isn't easy for anyone... Oh well, I feel like talking right now, I guess it's time to do it.

When I was young, I was always playing alone. I had only one friend. Eventually, some people noticed me, And started to approach me. Even if my friend warned me, I guess I was too naive to realize. Well, they started abusing my generosity. They started belittling me in front of other people, they started bullying me. It went harder, but I still didn't realized what was happening... They eventually started throwing things at me, got sand in the eyes, they started beating me, in groups. Pushing me around. I was still telling myself that it wasn't all bad. I was playing tag and they would push me on the ground. I got plenty of injuries, one of them ripping off my feet on rocks, I could see my bone.

Eventually, I became quite depressive, even if by then I had more friends. Sadly, the life at home wasn't great, my mother doing crap everywhere. And at school, not better. And because of my mother, I couldn't have any treatment. (Yep, it took me four years to get my back fixed, and I did all the steps)

It got a bit better when I got in college, I discovered true music that year... But you know, these guys started spreading rumors about me everywhere. They started attacking me in gangs, throwing snowballs, rocks at me, pushing me around...

It lasted two years, and I was getting quite bored of it. After another crap from my mother, I was alone at home, in the bathroom, with a razor blade, thinking about it. Weirdly, I was quite excited about it; no more troubles, and everything. And well, I went pretty close... Then I said screw that, I'll do this tomorow. My procrastination saved my life lol.

Then I got the occasion to fix all my troubles, and I did. I pwned them hard. They left me alone, and we are here, right now. :)

Now, what keeps me alive...

- the people that are important to me (friends, father...)

- music, cars, other interesting stuff

- through all my life, I convinced myself that it wasn't that bad

- future's promises

While I'm not very healthy, and life is quite difficult, I still live :) And remember to always do later what you can do right now.

• Brohoof 1

In all truth, hope. Hope that I will find something better, that I will meet a wonderful woman, that tomorrow will bring me something new. Hope is what keeps me going.

And that has happened my love *kisses you* you have me now, although I ain't that much to harp on about :P

I've not had terrible life..it's no where near as bad as a lot of people's, but I did get bullied a lot in school and for much of secondary school I had friends who only talked to me to seem friendly, what kept me going back then was family, knowing they were there was the only thing to keep me looking bright and knowing that someday I'd get better friends who played video games and were as nerdy as me and I was right! I did find those friends in the end.  :D

I keep going because I know there's more for me. My story isn't over yet and I just can't give up now. So through it all, I'll keep it going. I'll keep it stepping, and I won't give up.

My life, at least, is like an old brick wall that's starting to fall down. It would fall down, if not for some stabilizers like my family, friends, and church. There's some ivy over the holes, and the mortar is starting to wear away, but I've got plenty of people keeping me upright. I love the people around me, and I take great care to surround myself with people I truly enjoy spending time with--like people here on the forums. :D 

What keeps me going? Asides from my natural human instinct to live, I'd have to say a Mikasa Ackerman quote sums up what keeps me going quite accurately.

"Once I’m dead, I won’t even be able to remember you. So I’ll win, no matter what. I’ll live, no matter what!"

I want to live so that I may remember. I want to remember my friends, family, experiences, ect. I want to hold on to my memories as long as I can.

In hopes that my life will get better.

Become that great artist I aspire to be, possibly get a cute GF and live happily.

So, I guess you could say hope and a life goal.

I only keep going for three key reasons.

1. Hope- I have faith that I can get a great job that pays decently, and I can live happily.

2. Willpower- A subconscious will to live that I don't understand.

3. Death itself- Life is a bitch, but death is quite boring.