Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Keep Going?

The Stranger

- Self-Esteem: My realization is that this is the only life I have and I know who I am, which is somebody who has potential to do things in the world. I cannot allow mistreatment and misunderstanding to force me to change my identity and who I am overall as a person. It doesn't work that way for me. If I don't like myself, then it opens the door to suicidal thoughts.

- Experiences: The fact that life is full of amazing experiences makes me want to live longer and live my life to the fullest.

- Belief in Myself: I'll always believe that I have something up my sleeves that can make a difference in the world and would make me a hero. The concept of a hero and the past heroes we've had inspires me to believe in myself becoming one even my.

My stubbornness is what keeps me going. I don't like leaving things incomplete, as seeing it that way makes me feel empty on the inside. Because of that, I wouldn't give up on something that I've been working on for a long time. Same goes for life. It may not be the greatest, but I'd rather pursue my life-long goals instead of staying in my bedroom on the computer all day. Tenacity has been one of my personality quirks ever since I was a kid.

Why do I keep going? I have no reason to stop. Life isn't always easy, but then what is? Giving up is never the right way, as my mom proved to me. She died four years ago from cancer. It should have killed her two years before that but she refused to give up and always kept fighting even to the very last. There is no way I could do any less.

Sitting around and moping doesn't solve problems; I know this because I've done my fair share of it. I stopped doing that, and now I have a wonderful girlfriend and great friends. I keep going because there frankly isn't an alternative that could be better. As much as I despise the phrase 'yolo' it's true that you only have one life. Wasting it makes no sense to me.

• 10 months later...

Because I've still got things to do! D: People to help out, welcomings and happy birthdays to say, lessons to experience, music to feel alive to, stories to write, kindness to share, hope to give, smiles to raise; I can't deny I have times where I wish I could just go and take my ultimate rest, but while there remains something positive I can do, I want to try my best to keep doing what I can :)

• 2 years later...

I've got a few reasons: faith, friendship, and family. Those have been the three most important things that have kept me going after I fell into a pit of depression in my early teens. Life is beautiful, and with the help of my three F's listed above, I may have never come to truly realize that.

I live to accomplish my God-ordained purpose in this world and I'm not resting til the day I'm on my deathbed. While things have continued to try to set me back, I'm alive and I have found strength in my trials. Romans 5:3-4 says, "But we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." That is the idea that I live by.

...wow. That got way more deep than I thought it would be. :P

(edited)

Well, i already tried to commit suicide in a few different ways, i even have 2 scars on my arm now, the thing that keeps me going is my fear of pain. Without that i would probably not exist anymore.

Edited by Dune_Gosbil

I want to keep going because of a desire to live as long as possible and I am supported in this endeavour by my family.

Really for three main reasons:

A. There are people who care about me. Hey, that's something in itself, right? Thjere's still my dad, my grandma, my uncle, their friends... There's actually more people than I could really realize when I think about it. i really don't want to give up on them, even if life as I've been forced into living it has been making it tough on me.

B. I see potential in myself. I could become something big someday, I just have to get the resources to get there. My patience with myself may be getting low, but it isn't entirely gone yet. I'm stagnating a bit, but I have been progressing on that project of mine, and hopefully one day it becomes a fully functional game with a competitive scene.

C. There's still a couple of things I enjoy as of now. I like playing Paladins and getting more and more experienced with the champions I can play well(even with the people who try as hard as they can to ruin the experience), and there's still MLP, Steven Universe, and Star Trek stuff for me to watch. There's probably more stuff than that, actually... Like We Bare Bears, Star VS if it doesn't pander as much as I think it may in the future, and potentially even other things.

Edited by Barique

I motivate myself many times to get done with things so later I won't have to do it.I also remember that most things in life are permanent and that i'll somehow find a way to keep on going and get over it.I also remember My parents didn't come into the U.S.A for me to waste this one and only life I have on this earth to give up in a situation beacuse I don't have any motivation to do or try anything.I try and I see where that takes me.If I fail... at least I fail trying to succeed.

I'm finally in a position to start building MY life, on MY own terms. I'll have to work hard for maybe a decade, but I'm looking forward to reach high in the mountains (literally), a nice house, maybe my aunt if I manage to bring her, and a dog or two. NO MARRIAGE, AND CHILD FREE :yay: