Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Keep Going?

The Stranger

I just avoid being what the people who hurt me most were. Not being a religious nut job, not being an abusive lunatic of a family member (looking at you dad, seriously buck you dad), plenty of other things. And just trying to live my life that best that I can, living it with kindness and courage on my mind. Those things just keep me going 

Edited by shadowwarp940
  • Brohoof 2

Spoiler

There's only 3 reasons. 

1. I fear the pain of a bullet going through my skull, even if it'll just hurt for a second.
  2. I fear that I'll survive my attempt and end up being damaged worse than I already am.
  3. I don't own a gun.

5 minutes ago, Panzy, Scoffer of Rings said:

Hide contents

There's only 3 reasons. 

1. I fear the pain of a bullet going through my skull, even if it'll just hurt for a second.
  2. I fear that I'll survive my attempt and end up being damaged worse than I already am.
  3. I don't own a gun.

Oh shoot man, I mean don't shoot! You might want to see a therapist if you aren't already seeing one, it'll help you a lot. (at least it does for me)

• Brohoof 1

I've lost many things in my life, having been uprooted from everything I've known many times. I try to take my focus off my own problems and trying instead to improve things for others, which sounds really strange because I usually avoid people like the plague and don't make a lot of friends. What I mean is that I care about fixing something that's lacking or helping someone else to find the special something that brings them peace. If I can do so anonymously, so much the better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Art keeps me going. It seems silly but there have been about three times in my life when I absolutely hit bottom and lost all faith in humanity, the future and anything good ever happening again. Each time, when I was in my blackest depths, I came across something artistic (artwork, dancing and other creative forms of expression) and I suddenly started to think that things can't be all, that bad if there are people in the world who still create these things just for the simple joy of bringing beauty into existence. No other animal does this in such a way, and it made me think that humanity has that singular merit and it can't be ignored. Hope in that example drew me out of the bleakness I felt and I recovered.  

Why do I keep going? I don't exactly feel like I have much to live for, but I'll still stick around to try to make friends (and of course other people too) happy. Even if everything else feels bad, my friends have been there and made existing always even a little bit more worthwhile. Even if I sometimes feel like the only thing making me hold onto dear life is my difficult fear of death, I've come to realize it's not entirely true. I'm thankful that there are many dear people in my life! I just hope they appreciate me too. :fluttershy:

Why do I keep going? I think of all the things I have achieved and great friendships I've made. I've had some pretty bad moments in my life but I've always managed to push through with the help of my family and friends. 

I often keep going for a few reasons I'm an adaptor I can adapt to almost any situation within a few days or hours I can also process any emotional stress quickly

Things like My Little Pony grip my existential purpose. I am a fair debater, a very quick thinker, but more often than not "subject fodder" for the incorrect, and ever will be so. I am aggressive, and it has to do with my self awareness to this nihilistic hamsterwheel where some exhibits only contain but one of us. Others project themselves to be above the rat in the cage they are, but refuse to understand the nightmares of reality, while looking to the dreams of self projection. I may or may not be a sociopath, but I don't believe so, I think animals and children are worth going back for... lol. I am the last person you would find meet stereotypical "brony" these blurbs that brandish proud outcasts can all have a place on my sleeve as far as I am concerned, but I love for what is, not for what I say is, i do for what Is, not what I SAY is... I am for what I am, not for what I say I am.... truth sets in and some men would feel insecure knowing their place in this world is beneath another man... they cling to false idols and fairy tales, most men cling to the verification of other cowards and yes men, and sometimes even a very loyal female... Loyalty is in my heart, but so is an inability to forgive, I also can tend to generalize... so, I am a recipe for disaster for some.. save your good intentions if they are secret, meet me with your bad ones if they are true.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly have no idea why I keep going.  And quite frankly, I never expected to be going for so long.   By rights, I should have been dead twenty years ago, either through some of the truly insane and stupid stuff I did or by a successful suicide

Now, it's more habit than anything..

Why? Because i have a big to-do list. Like a travel to South Pole or sleep in one of those glass igloos in Finnland and watch northern lights.  For that i work and life, to fulfil my wishes.

hotel5.jpg

Edited by Crystal Peppermint
  • Brohoof 2

My friends. They’re the only reason why I hadn’t killed myself yet (Even though one of my friends has a boyfriend who hates me ;-;) they’re there for me even though my family isn’t 

I've got a few reasons but the one that usually first comes to mind is my love for the little things. I'm the kind of person who on occasion finds a rock on the ground and it captures my imagination. It's colors, texture, shape. I'm not that big into rocks. Looking further into geology and whatnot doesn't interest me, but I enjoyed looking at that rock. It gave me a reason to smile, and that makes life worth living.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

I've got a few reasons but the one that usually first comes to mind is my love for the little things. I'm the kind of person who on occasion finds a rock on the ground and it captures my imagination. It's colors, texture, shape. I'm not that big into rocks. Looking further into geology and whatnot doesn't interest me, but I enjoyed looking at that rock. It gave me a reason to smile, and that makes life worth living.

This too!!

You look up at the sky in the evening, watching the light of the sunset turn all the clouds pink and orange, and you think, DANG this world is just awesome.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...