Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Longest you've Gone without Speaking

MelancholicMemory

As far as having an actual conversation with someone, probably a few weeks. Just basic talking, maybe a couple days. I don't know exactly because I don't pay attention to such things.

I'm not a very talkative person. In school I was asked often by people why I never spoke. My answer was always "because I've got nothing to say". 

This might seem like a lot, but 1 whole week.

It was holidays and everyone was out of the house then too. I was perfectly content gaming, reading, watching TV, walking and all that stuff. Then out of nowhere when I was down the street shopping, the cashier asked how my day was. I let out this strange squeak. Coughed a little and went to talking normally. Soon after, everyone came back and things went back to normal. 

I'm actually surprised I went that long given how often I speak to my cats nowadays. :blink:

I'd say about 2 hours. Yeah, not very long, that. Well, I'm usually silent in classes, but otherwise not really. And when I'm alone, I just speak my thoughts. Though. If sleep counts, itd be 23 hours without speaking

Like an hour or two. I'm a very talkative person. Even when I'm alone, I tend to laugh or mumble something to myself.

Everyone does it, I swear.

Not including talking to my parents at home or online communication, I've gone weeks and weeks without talking to people before, mainly during the summer. Saying I'm shy would be the understatement of the century. In fact, I've been diagnosed with social phobia, so social situations range from draining to terrifying for me. Talking to someone I don't know frightens me way more than walking around alone at night, crossing the street, and anything else that's actually dangerous.

• 3 years later...

Umm... Half a year, actually. Maybe longer, but I can't remember.

I'm just shy, and have severe social anxiety. I avoid people wherever I go so I wouldn't have to interact with them.

I would prefer to just be alone by myself. I like my privacy.

If I don't count talking to myself as speaking, I think my record at this point is roughly three days or so. 

If I also don't count the occasional responses to somebody else asking me something, I think it could be more like a few months.

I'm generally quite a shy person, I don't really talk to people a lot unless I'm really comfortable with talking to them, which isn't something that comes easy normally. Sure I did open up to a couple of people including who I believe is a guidance counselor (not sure if that's specifically what she is, but it's something like that), but that was due to me absolutely NEEDING to vent, and I couldn't stay silent any longer about my issues, though I normally do that here instead because I find it a lot easier due the nature of those issues (social anxiety and the et cetera).

Edited by ~Dusky~

• 3 weeks later...