Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your role model/hero?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

This is a bit of an unorthodox answer but the answer would be my friends. I have a hard time idolizing a famous figure whom I'll never meet - on the other hand, as a general rule, all of my closest friends are people I admire and wish to be more like. If that's not a role model then I don't know what is

No one, except I used to look up to my cousin like she was my big sister, but she's definitely changed over the years and isn't someone I want to look up to anymore. 

I guess the person I look up to nowadays is myself. :maud:

• 2 years later...

I don't have one. Buuut...I really like Charles Martinet! He is always super friendly and happy whenever I see him giving interviews or speeches! :eager: There are some happy and kind video game characters I also really like. And Pinkie Pie of course. Pinkie is extremely open-minded and she accepts pretty much anything, unless it's something bad or evil. They make me happy whenever I feel bad and give me back my courage. :wub:

Some people in this forum inspire me too... :kindness:

Hmm that’s hard to pinpoint. I’d say as far as inspiration goes, the band Citizen Soldier is a huge role model to me for how much their songs have impacted and become a part of my life. I’d also say that my immediate family and my close friends are people I really look up to.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Della Duck from the DuckTales 2017 reboot is my animated hero because she stays strong no matter what life throws at her & she never gives up. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

My Dad would probably be the biggest one, as he got me into several hobbies that are a large part of my life today (weightlifting, playing guitar, some computer games) and he has always championed the importance of hard work in life, which is a principle I abide by and respect immensely. That being said, my Dad lacks a lot of self-discipline and this is something incredibly important to me, so in that sense he is also a "reverse role model", in that I look at him and see what I do not wish to be (in that regard; he is a better man than me in many ways too - he is a lot more compassionate than me, for example).

Other than that I take inspiration/lessons from successful family members and some friends, both ones I have met in-person and over the internet. I have found that most people in the world probably have something to teach you, even if it is something you feel may not be that pertinent to you. There are lessons to be learned everywhere you go in life.

• Brohoof 1

I have 2 role models;

•Sam Marin, the VA of Pops Maellard from Regular Show, because he decided to voice the most amazing character that is a comfort,,,
•Havan Flores, the actor of Chapa/Volt from Danger Force!! Because she is LGBTQ+ and POC friendly, plus she recently came out as Aromantic!

though, if fictional characters can be role models, then I consider both Pops and Chapa to be exactly that. Why? Because they saved the day!  :mlp_pinkie:

CEA8-ABEE-9-FA4-4991-A6-FB-6-EAB7-A4-D5-

73-D012-F0-85-C6-4-AAB-B745-F5-D7-DDC281

• 2 weeks later...

Ste. Therese of Lisieux. I never even knew anything about her until late last year and it’s been an amazing journey ever since. It’s not just a matter of mere admiration, but an interactive experience lighting the path to something greater, even when I don’t think I’m capable of it. Her simple, perfect ‘Little Way’ of achieving great things makes it possible for anyone to be great, even me! (I mean that in all humility) She just became a major part of my life before I even realized it.