Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why you choose to be Pegasus/Unicorn/earth?

Cloby

The best dream of every brony is to be a real pony and live in Equestria. And most everypony have they own OC.

But I was wondering... Why did you choose to be a  Pegasus/Unicorn/earth?

I choose to be a pegasus since my most wonderfull dream is to fly WITH WINGS!

For me, been a pegasus is the best thing because you can go any place with any problem, you can go to Clousdale, you can control the weather, you can be at the wonderbolts acadamy! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

Other bronys want to be a unicorn to cast any spell they want.

And Earth ponys.......Well.. I dont know... they are just a bit more stronger but I dont know what they have on special....

• Brohoof 1

Earth ponies are good in the agricultural sense. My OC is an Earth Pony for two reasons,

A: I love the idea of potion making, and just medieval medicine in general which usually contained many herbal ingredients so a focus on agriculture was necessary.

B: Earth Ponies are more uncommon these forums, and lets me focus on the actual talent and personality of the pony without muddying the character with unnecessary baggage. Now I will concede that magic and flying are nice, but when they actually add little to nothing to the character I see no point in having them.

• Brohoof 3

I choose to be a pegasus because just like you, not only do I enjoy flying, but I enjoy being generally fit and and in shape, as well as being moderately fast.

Unicorns are also amazing, however, I just like to be a pegausus slightly more.

• Brohoof 2

Well, when I make OC's I like to base whether they are earth pony/Pegaus/ or Unicorn off of what I want that pony to do as a hobby or job. But I had to chose one to actually be, I would want to be a Unicorn because you can use magic! 

My OC is a pegasus.  I guess I'm just a dreamer kind of person so I imagine myself flying around and walking onto clouds and stuff of that nature a lot 

• Brohoof 1

I would choose to be a pegasus because, I like to fly and I've always wanted to fly, plus being fit and in shape sounds pretty great. That would be a dream come true.

Well i dont dream of being a pony but if i was to choose it would definity be pegasus, only because there is true freedom in flying and thats what i would want the absolute most just freedom

I chose to make my OC a unicorn to challenge myself a bit. Normally I'd have picked pegasus in a heartbeat (pegasi are clearly best race :wub: ) but it seemed too easy somehow. The backstory I'd thought of wouldn't really work with an earth pony, so unicorn seemed like the natural choice. I like how he turned out :).

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

We have a thread like this already, but if this is more for me myself personally as a human? I would choose either unicorn or earth pony. Earth ponies have a connection to the earth (whatever that means), which implies great strength or potential for physical fitness. I'd like to be a unicorn as well, as having magic powers have always appealed to me since I was a kid.

Personally, I think I lean more towards unicorn.

Earth Pony?

Pegasus?

Unicorn?

Please, son, I want to be an ALICORN!

Naw, but seriously, I love pegasi and would love to be one, if given the chance, because soaring above the land, ocean, and society and just feeling the wind against my face would be the most awesome thing to ever happen ever.

Plus, I can control weather and make sure nopony ever gets hurt by a rogue tornado again.

• Brohoof 2

Well I'd chose to be a dragon because dragons are best kind of ponies. Flight, "Magic almost confirmed", and hands. Yeah you get to be looked as a monster and nothing more than an wild animal but hey THUMBS!!!

• Brohoof 2

Although pegasus is the most common response thus far, I'd have to choose the same. I'm working on becoming an aeronautical engineer, and flight has always been close to my heart. Maybe it's silly of me, but I almost feel that the dream of flight is a little closer to home for me than most other people, considering I'm devoting my life to creating things that will roam the skies.

• Brohoof 2

Earth ponies. 

I believe it is for the reason that their influence to Equestria is less cared for by the fandom. They're most likely the majority of ponies who make up the primary/secondary working force for Equestria, kind of like the foundation to a building. 

They also have "surface" knowledge, and, like someone had stated before, is less common as an OC. They're ideal for roleplaying because magic and flying could possibly cloud the pony's actual talents and such, without adding much benefit. I'm not saying unicorns and pegasi are bad for roleplaying, just that it requires more difficultly to make a decent OC.

• Brohoof 3

I'd be a pegasus. I'd love to fly, and I found that Pegasi were the most athletic race. I can assume myself pretty athletic. :3 And they're my favorite race.

• Brohoof 3

Unicorn, spells are awesome, and while wings could be equally awesome I see more uses for spells than wings :)

I'm also afraid of heights... sooo... being a pegasus could be bad....

I chose Earth Pony because of this;

See, pegasai can fly. That could mean they don't have much knowledge of the world around them.

Earth ponies have plenty of that knowledge, sine they've been on the surface for all their life.

Just a theory.

My best dream is most definitely not to be a pony and live in Equestria. :l

Regardless, i make myself a unicorn because magic is awesome and ive always loved it. Its just something i would truly love to have.

• Brohoof 1

Unicorn, because i could stab people with the horn.

Nah, i'm just joking! Using magic would be a cool aspect to be able to do, perhaps i could even use magic to create wings!

• Brohoof 2

Well, I would tend to prefer unicorn. I do a lot of writing, and the thought of doing that with my mouth...ugh, no thanks.

Pegasus is a strong second, though...flying is cool.

Earth ponies sort of suffer for being the "boring default option" with no obvious cool advantages...

Edited by truth is life
  • Brohoof 1

My OC is an Earth Pony because that is what fits her most. I cannot describe it, it just wouldn't feel right if she were a unicorn or pegasus. I also value strength over magic or flight.

That, and pegasi and unicorns seem to be overrated, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have an OC, but I chose Pegasus because they can fly. Might be a cliche answer, but it's the truth. Flying through the sky, feeling nothing but the wind hitting your face. It sounds like an amazing experience. It reminds me of when I used to ride a bike at best. Riding around, feeling the wind, thinking about free I felt right then and there. Truly a mesmerizing experience. :)

• Brohoof 1