Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What job did you want while growing up?

Guusagi

Well I'm still growing up, but over the years I've wanted to do several things:

Be a cook

make a cartoon

Make a game

Be a music teacher

And many other stupid things that are never gonna happen. I currently want to be an Author, and I think I'm going to stick with that.

• Brohoof 1

While I was a kid, I remember wanting to be a guitarist. That sort of changed into being an inventor-slash-engineer-slash-owl carer, then in high school I switched to video games design. But recently I've been considering other options, those options being singing and filmmaking.

• Brohoof 1

In elementary school I wanted to draw cartoons because I used to really enjoy drawing when I was really young, including comics. I still draw comics sometimes, but usually that stays in my head because I just don't have the skill to draw what I want, sadly.

In middle school, I finally got into music. At the time I thought it would be really neat to play trumpet professionally. A couple of years later I shifted over to the bassoon and really wanted to be a professional bassoonist in an orchestra. Then in early college I realized that perhaps I'm better as an educator. A lot of personal reasons that are kind of hard to explain made me think that. So I thought being a band director and getting to write marching shows would be really cool.

Now I've made a split-second decision and think that maybe I'd be better off going into music history, because it is a passion of mine and I realized that of the colleges I have been at, I have been almost the only person ever in the entire music programs that even liked the music history courses. Last semester I was reading the text book (of which my professor sarcastically noted as a "page turning read") for fun, beyond over what the course was for.

...But I still love band and wind instruments, and I want other people to like wind instruments, so I wish there was someway to be involved in band.

• Brohoof 2

I was always quite imaginative, and I used to day dream different jobs I could do when I was at Primary School: I never had a particular job I wanted I had a different fantasy depending on the day.

As Secondary school, I wanted to be an actor after a buzz I got doing some acting in a school play and apart from the odd moment in a drama group I joined. I never quite got that same first buzz from acting again

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

When I was little, I wanted to be a cartoonist. Like the old school ones animating with pen and paper before transferring to cells.

I sadly have very poor art skills, so I migrated to more technical pursuits.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid there were so many jobs I wanted to do: artist, fireman, postman, astronaut, scientist, race car driver, athlete, policeman, pilot, detective.

Out of all those I think I'm only headed for "artist".

• Brohoof 1

I am grown up and I am training to be a counsellor. Just waiting for September to come round so I can start training again. It's very interesting.

• Brohoof 1

In chronological order:

1. Architect (when I was 12)

2. Designated Marksman for the US Army (When I was 13)

3. Game Developer (When I was 14)

4. Software Design (A month ago)

Edited by EquestriasCourier

i had a few dream jobs when i was younger.

• astronaut
  • fireman
  • police officer
  • pilot
  • game tester (does that even exist?)
  • marine
  • sniper
  • post man (probably the most realistic one)

and well, i am now doing a study for operational engineering. so i didn't really follow my dreams.

For some reason mine kept changing over the years, but I guess it's pretty much decided, I guess...

What I have, at a certain point in my life, considered to become, but would most likely not be a career choice for me: 

1) Meteorologist (Weather scientist)

2) Ornithologist (Bird scientist)

3) Botanist (Plant scientist)

What I'm currently considering to become: 

1) Chemist

2) Musician

I'd say that the (classical) music field would probably take up at least half of my future, and even if I become a Chemist in the future, I'd still be involved in the music field alongside my career...

I guess that's pretty much it...  :muffins:

Quite honestly, I wanted to be a teacher (which was typical during that time).

But I geared myself to studying to be a lawyer as I got older. 

Unfortunately, I ended up becoming someone handling events/public relations and I am now aspiring to do a bit of journalism (as a part time job).

hectic, I know XD

• 4 weeks later...

Did I word the title wrong?

The question is when you were little, what was your dream? What did you want to be when you grew up?

For me I wanted to do ballet until I learned that I am not a dancer xD That and I wanted to be a Pokemon trainer but for now I'm limited to just the games.

• Brohoof 1

I always wanted to be a cat when I grew up.  

For jobs, I wanted to be a vet, until I learned they have to kill animals.  Then I wanted to own a graveyard, until I realized I'd need money to do that. lol

Then I wanted to be a pirate, until I found out it was illegal.  

• Brohoof 2

I wanted to be an astronaut for the longest time, because I lived in Houston right next to the space center and my dad worked on the ISS program. But by 5th grade I wanted to join the military.... And by 10th grade I wanted to become a businessman in a major corporation. I've yet to find something that appeals more to me than the last one I mentioned. I would especially love being a businessman/lawyer if it involved international travel!

Edited by Windy Runner

I always wanted to be a cat when I grew up.  

For jobs, I wanted to be a vet, until I learned they have to kill animals.  Then I wanted to own a graveyard, until I realized I'd need money to do that. lol

Then I wanted to be a pirate, until I found out it was illegal.  

xD pirating! Oh well they aren't as fun as the pirates on movies anyways.

What about now?

Do you have some kind of goal for now or are you still figuring it out?

Now that I'm in the real world, I've realized the things that I actually want to do will not pay enough for me to support myself and my family.  So I'm just going to school for nursing so I'll make a lot of money.  I'm terrified of needles though.  O.O

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid I wanted to make movies! Now I work on a farm! 10hours 5-days a week, 6am-4:30pm yay! lol sure I don't make movies but I still love my job! Great friends and my boss is a good friend too so I guess this was kind of my dream job

• Brohoof 1