Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Have any Odd Behaviours that People Dismiss as You just being You?

Venomshank

In the same way that sometimes Pinkie's behaviours are dismissed as "Pinkie just being Pinkie", do you have any characteristic odd behaviours that people just dismiss as being a "you" sort of thing?

Well I have a small case of terettes, and people who don't know me very well just think it's me being my silly old self, when really I just had a tick or something. It can be kind of awkward.

Usually, instead of speaking, I just make weird grunting and screeching noises (at least with close family and friends). They usually just laugh it off. I don't know why I do it... maybe it's just because I'm bloody mental.

There might be two, but both of which aren't really odd behaviours.. But it's regarding running, jumping and climbing.. Yeah, it happens that when I'm in a good mood. I run, jump or climb pretty much anything. This often happens after an energy drink or when something good happens. I just start running, sometimes jumping or I start climbing something. It's kind of weird how much energy I have in me, so people dismiss this as me being me. 

Also, my weird humor which is a bit of sarcasm. I say something which is honest, yet in a way it sounds like I'm making fun of them which is then added with a sarcastic tone. There are only few people that ever notice this, it's not me being mean it's more just making fun of someone. They may ask how they look, I say what I think and make it sound like something bad. Can't explain, it's not something I do on the forum it's my personal humor which nobody gets unless they know when I'm joking or not.

Just one thing I can think of at the moment. It's when a have a hiccup. Just a single hiccup, at random. We can be in the middle of a test, no food for hours and suddenly a random hiccup breaks the silence. When some people first see this, they give me that "where's the rest" look. After that, they just kinda ignore it.

• Brohoof 1

I like to talk in australian accent sometimes, and quote T.V and just generally act weird, also I have ADHD which may be the reason....probably, I also talk to myself in the shower sometimes, or when I walk the dog, or when I alone...yeah

I tend to change accents at random. It's totally not a conscious decision I make, it just kind of happens. But the only comments I've ever gotten about it are around the lines of "Wow, you should become a voice actor", bahaha. tongue.png

Just one thing I can think of at the moment. It's when a have a hiccup. Just a single hiccup, at random. We can be in the middle of a test, no food for hours and suddenly a random hiccup breaks the silence. When some people first see this, they give me that "where's the rest" look. After that, they just kinda ignore it.

This happens to me all the time and it's super awkward.

But other than anything hiccup related I tend to say weird things. I also do this thing when someone asks me a question I don't know the answer to. I raise my hands to my face and poke my cheeks. It's weird, but I don't really mean to do it.

• Brohoof 1

This happens to me all the time and it's super awkward.

But other than anything hiccup related I tend to say weird things. I also do this thing when someone asks me a question I don't know the answer to. I raise my hands to my face and poke my cheeks. It's weird, but I don't really mean to do it.

I think you're getting odd and adorable mixed up. Perhaps a new word needs to be fashioned for just such an occasion... perhaps... oddorable. Wow, really copped out at the end there huh?

• Brohoof 2

I think you're getting odd and adorable mixed up. Perhaps a new word needs to be fashioned for just such an occasion... perhaps... oddorable. Wow, really copped out at the end there huh?

It would be adorable if no one teased me cause of it. My entire IT class would do it and then look towards me and expect me to be mad or something. X3 it was slightly embarrassing.

Oh I know at least two, but I know there's more...

1. My biology professor realizes that I like to sway back and forth along my sides because it's hard for me to stand still. 
  2. People know I like to talk to myself out loud.

I squee.

Literally squee. And I can't help it. I usually just pass it off as a hiccup, LOL.

And I cry at the drop of a hat. Once someone showed me a picture of a really cute dog and I squeed and cried for about a half hour.

I also have a bad habit of doing facial expressions. And not even normal ones, just weird ones. I have crazy amounts of body language. XD I tend not to talk a lot, so I rely mostly on my body.

I like to tinker with my hands too.

Edit: I also never sit with my legs straight. I sit cross-legged and sideways in seats.

Edited by Sayaka Maizono
  • Brohoof 1

Well... I guess... I talk with my hands quite a lot. Whenever I'm nervous or don't really know who I'm talking to, I end up telling out what I'm trying to say through intricate hand dances because I tend to slur my words and blank out when I talk with my hands away.

I also sit Indian style.

All the time.

Like, no matter where I'm sitting. (¬_¬)

Oh oh! I have a couple!

I'm hypermobile all over my body, but it's easiest to show in my hands. To me, it's perfectly normal, because I've had it all my life, but if someone notices that my fingers (particularly the middle joint) are bending back farther than it should, people get really weirded out.

I belch. Really really loud. Most of the time I don't even realize I've done it.

Also, embaressingly loud hiccups.

My sisters have suggested that I'm like a real life Abed Nadir (from the sitcom Community), since I'm always drawing comparisons between real life and TV/Film tropes and making meta-jokes. 

Another thing they often point out to me is my bizarre body language, particularly when eating. My sister always giggles at me because apparently I don't know how to hold a fork and a knife properly. 

• Brohoof 1

When I talk and am still trying to think I used the word whatever as filler.

Everyone who knows me has accepted it at this point, even if it can be a tad annoying.

Example:

Hey do you remember when we went to the whatever?

It's like that one thing whatever.

etc

I never notice the details in things that I am not directly focused on. For example, the other day I was using an excavator for my job, one of those big machines with the claw and treads, yeah, fun stuff, but I was too focused on what I was doing. I didn't realize that at the bottom of the hill I was flattening ,there was a drain field my boss had put in a few days before, and when moving a large pile of dirt, I smashed one of the pipes. Well shit. Now we have to replace it. This kind of stuff happens to me all the time, and many people call me "captain oblivious" in response.

IRL, I drop the f-bomb like it's going out of style. People just have gotten used to that.

Um...lemme see what else...

Using the front camera in my phone like a mirror. You know, the camera in the front of your phone that you can see your face on? I use mine like a mirror to fix my hair almost 24/7. :D

• Brohoof 2

I can't sit still. At all. I'm always either shuffling my legs around or twirling a pencil/piece of paper/eraser/ anything nearby with my fingers. My friends never say anything about it but it probably looks weird to others. I do it a lot without noticing, i just can't help it. I may or may not have problems. derpy_emoticon1.png

I often flail around when I'm relatively excited. I'd imagine it looks quite odd, but no one really questions it, Strangers may give me odd looks, but whatev's.

I also have the habit of skipping around on tiled floor, making sure that I only touch a certain color, as if the other color was lava, or something similar. I've been doing this since as long as I remember, and I still catch myself doing it in a supermarket, or other places with multicolored tiled floor today.

I have countless other quirks, but the list would be too grand, unfortunately.

Edited by Rinku

Multiple things:

- I've never held scissors properly and I refuse to ever learn to hold them properly. tongue.png

- I'm really shy and fearful and a lot of times I'll start crying when someone raises their voice at me even if just a little...I really can't help it. /:

- I refuse to go near people with food...I just can't be around people with food for some reason.

Walking around outside while listening to my ipod in any form of weather (or the basement) before briefly bursting into a run before slowing down again to collect my thoughts.

Plus, I have a large reserve of useless trivial knowledge about films, videogames, comic books, novels, authors, and television which nobody but me cares about and seem to annoy others with when trying to socialize, because I don't understand how to IRL.

I tend to forget stuff really easily. I have a terrible short term memory - and I seriously mean TERRIBLE.

Although, people don't really dismiss it (people get pretty damn sick of it) - but they know that it is just me.

Me being extremly random in the most serious of cases, making sarcastic remarks, and when people say that's rude, pretty much my best friend is like 'It's her being her, it's how she rolls.' And i'm like 'Exactly'. And me using 'um, uh, er' a lot, and 'thing'. And I squee.

And me being very bad with names (I forgot my best friends name once), and having horrible short term, but excellent long term memory.

Edited by ~Chaotic Lawful~