Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Technology Vs Pony Magic in war

Bendy

Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?

• Pony Magic
    • Technology

--assuming magic and technology both work flawlessly---

All the magic in the world can't stop nerve gas.

Tech) Humans mass produce weapons of mass destruction.

Magic) Ponies concentrate magic in a few individuals.

Tech) Human infantry carry machine guns, explosives, and are backed up by heavy weapons/artillery.

Magic) Ponies have spears.

Bottom line: Pony armies suffer near 100% losses.Their magic powerhouses could possibly survive, But without a military to back them up, they would be forced to concede defeat.

Humans Win.

edit to add. The elements of harmony have always been used against individuals, not battlefield masses. As powerful as the elements are, they would not be a factor.

Discord

He'd just come to Earth and reduce it to chaos...

Lets say he does. Would we even notice? I'm thinking he might like the existing chaos and switch sides.

--edit yet again--

Still if we lose a few battles, it would be fun to hear the Human generals yelling at the troops, "Come on! We should not be loosing to cartoons!"

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to say humans. Here's what I think would happen. The two civilizations meet up, figure out they don't like each other. Humans are scared of what the ponies can do (magic). Humans get irrational when they're scared so they bomb the royal palace and ponyville in a preemptive strike, effectively killing Celestia, Luna, Twilight sparkle, and the rest of the main 6 in one fell swoop. Then they would subjugate all of the pony races and keep them in slavery for being different.

Then again, that might not happen, and the mane 6 would strike first and Humanity would be screwed by the elements of harmony (which is odd, because i don't think they can be used to kill others).

Either way it's hard to tell.

If Celestia could move entire planets or stars, we WOULD LOSE. No questions asked. Either she has enough energy to cause the planet to rotate, or she moves a star at a very high speed with a VERY LARGE centripetal force to cause it to move around the planet. This would require at least trillions more times the energy than we could generate with all of the uranium and plutonium in our planet.

One problem she can only move stars in HER universe. So her star moving powers would be rendered useless then we would drop a nuclear bomb straight on all of the ponies. The end

edit to add. The elements of harmony have always been used against individuals, not battlefield masses. As powerful as the elements are, they would not be a factor.

Lets say he does. Would we even notice? I'm thinking he might like the existing chaos and switch sides.

I could totally see that happening, then again, Fluttershy-Discord friendship is pretty strong as is evident by season 4's opening episodes.

Magic is always going to beat Technology because magic is, well, cheating.

I mean, the ponies can summon objects from any distance. they could just move them. humans bring tanks. dump them in the ocean.

spaceships? teleport them into the sun or better, just teleport the crew out... into space.

Exactly my fellow Brony. Unicorns and Alicorns can just take the tank, throw it across the field, into a a helicopter, ocean or street. Magic is just very more powerful than Human or alien Technology.

One major flaw in this plan. Goverment lives. The LEAST deserving of ALL humanity. while Everyone else dies. They'll probably just pussy out and just stay in there bunkers and rot away... or devolve into incest spawned abmonations of science and technology.

What would actually happen is Celestia appears, asks who declared war on them, people sick of the goverments bullshit just point them out, She burns them all with sun-fire then goes way leaving humanity for the first time in centuries without some knob in charge of weapons of mass destruction.

Or she'll just rule over both the humans and Equestria now.

Nah, thats just what most goverments do, if they can make there bunkers nuke proof, why not make every building have a nuke bunker. cheap, two-faced b**tards the lot of them XD

And yeah, I too would welcome our new Alicorn Overlords. 

You can count me in on all of that.

• 2 weeks later...

One problem she can only move stars in HER universe. So her star moving powers would be rendered useless then we would drop a nuclear bomb straight on all of the ponies. The end

You guys are telling me this like children.  This is how it is, no questions asked.

How do we know that Celestia's planet-moving magic only works in their universe?

Truthfully it's hard to say who would win a war between magical ponies and human technology. We don't really have much information on Equestria's military abilities to make a proper guess one way or the other.

It also depends on who is leading the war effort for humanity. Let's face it, if Stalin went to war with ponies, he would win. Wouldn't matter how many people died to do it, he would win.

Humans

Guards are seen with spears and roman like armor

their are more defensive and not a full blown military

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna may control the stars, but it has only been shown in their own world.

It has never been shown or stated that they can control stars from other planets.

You have to remember that earth has a lot of nations with militaries and all of them consist of humans.

No other race have advanced weaponry on the planet, while in their world, they have Griffons,changelings, minotaurs....etc

Guns work fine in space. Modern gunpowder contains both a propellant and an oxidizer, so no air is required. Even on Earth, there isn't sufficient air in the cartridge to burn all the propellant.

and their world is most likely the same as ours

We have space weapons

like alien vs humans

aliens could attack us with meteors or giant laser beams in space

we can do the same

example

THEL

"Directed-energy weapons utilize lasers, high-powered microwaves, and particle beams. Projects in development by the US have names like Airborne Laser, the Active Denial System, and the Tactical High Energy Laser (THEL). However, before these weapons can "stun" or "kill" like a Star Trek phaser, engineers need to do much work to weaponize the various forms of energy under consideration."

X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV)

"Scheduled for a test flight on April 20, 2010, the reusable robotic X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV) is a small space shuttle-like craft developed by the US Air Force. If such a reusable space plane becomes feasible, it will offer unheard-of capabilities for launch on-demand, surprise, and flexibility. If those benefits aren't enough, the space plane may be outfitted with a weapon to drop tungsten rods on Earth targets from outer space, the so-called "Rods from God."

We are more experienced at the art of war than ponies, they are mostly a peaceful race.

the three tribes mostly argued, never really getting into physical combat

the princesses and the mane six could be easily killed with a headshot

the princesses are not indestructable or as durable as a tank

even if the princesses can move the sun and moon, they are not willing to kill the innocent.

Edited by chaotic567
  • Brohoof 1

Let's think about this. Human fire power would crush the Equastrian military. Even with magic with a good plan and numbers humans could win easly. But what if the ponies got enough unicorns together to magic away human weapons? A team of snipers would be able take make short work of them from a distance and good camo. Luna and Celestia? A good Delta team or SEAL team could swiftly take them out of the picture. The elements of harmony? It normaly takes time for them to power up. An assault rifle could take them down in time. Don't get me started on bombing and artillery. And if all else fails: Nuclear weapons!

It depends on how they use there advantages. If used effectually it could bring instant death to one side, or both.

Also imaging a war between ponies and humans. How would the history books record this.

giphy.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well Don't forget about biological warfare we can just let loose the anthrax toxin in canterlot and other populated city's and just wait the population will fall dramatically as well as clearing most of the opposition this gives us the bigger advantage due to us being more prepared e,g gas masks and other things even if that fails we have other things since the ponies barely know what we're capable of we have nukes, jets, warships, better armor and tanks upon jeeps,grenades not to mention I think there's a tank that's capable of going invisible I think which is going into mass production in 2016

One thing I do see as a threat to humans is Discord. He could mess up our technology and warp space around. He could just warp away any missile we shoot at him. He would be very hard to handle

Edited by SergeantShy

It depends on "How well does Earth Tech work in EQ?"  (I know you specified "they both work", but I don't think it does.  Ponies are missing several devices they should be able to build if it does work the same)

Ponies have steam engines, Flim Flam Bros. had some sort of motor vehicle, I've seen aircraft, BUT no guns despite the tech to make them.  Does gunpowder (& other explosives) work? (IMO, Pinky's Party Cannon is air powered (no smoke)).  Most advanced human weapons use chemical explosions (even nuclear weapons use chemical explosives to bring critical mass together)

Chemical reactions depend on the Weak Nuclear Force to work.  If there is a natural law limiting how much energy can be released & how fast, then humans are gonna have some problems.

Electronics.  In "Family Appreciation Day" Granny Smith got a telegram.  Other than that, I haven't seen any phone lines, power lines, TV antennas, or radio stations.  There are some record players -powered by unicorns.  There are some electric lights.  Battery operated?  If alternating current electricity doesn't work in EQ, human armies are SOL -big time.  Ditto for radio com.  If solid state electronics can't work, humans are going to be without transport.

Bio warfare is probably humanities best shot.  It depends on "How good is EQ med tech?"  However, this isn't especially quick.  Poison gas, it depends on if humans can get the delivery system operating.

Edited by sweetolebob18

Humans can be a bloodthirsty, greedy, fearful, and warlike lot. Having waged war against each other for millenniums and slaughtered senselessly or selfishly... Equestria, even if ponykind won, would lose so much. If ponies went to war against  humans they would suffer, they would lose their innocence, and if any survived the war the land be a much darker place.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

• 5 years later...

Luna can move the moon. Without the gravitational pull, Earth will tilt sideways, and there would be tsunamis, ice ages and extreme weathers. Humanity will be forced to surrender. 

Edited by MysticWolficorn

On 10/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, MysticWolficorn said:

Without the gravitational pull, Earth will tilt sideways, and there would be tsunamis, ice ages and extreme weathers. Humanity will be forced to surrender. 

Yes it will, over many years. It would be better for them if Luna just crashed the Moon into the Earth - that would have an immediate effect.

2 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

Technology is nothing compared to magic. Just casting a protection spell renders a nuke useless.

I don't think so. The problem with magic, in FIM is that very few ponies are actually that powerful, where most humans can use a rifle. I guess the priority would be to assasinate those few ponies and then nuke everything (or Equestria would just surrender). Also, how long does the protection spell last? Does it protect against radiation and fallout? The shield that Shining Armor used to protect Canterlot from changelings was semi-transparent, so it would at least allow some of the gamma radiation, the intense heat and light from a nuclear detonation. "Some" would probably be enough. How about using neutron bombs? 

Also, since anti-magic field is possible (even Discord was unable to use magic near Chrysalis throne), it is a matter of time when humans would figure out how to make their weapons magic-proof. Then ponies would be screwed completely.

21 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Yes it will, over many years. It would be better for them if Luna just crashed the Moon into the Earth - that would have an immediate effect.

I don't think so. The problem with magic, in FIM is that very few ponies are actually that powerful, where most humans can use a rifle. I guess the priority would be to assasinate those few ponies and then nuke everything (or Equestria would just surrender). Also, how long does the protection spell last? Does it protect against radiation and fallout? The shield that Shining Armor used to protect Canterlot from changelings was semi-transparent, so it would at least allow some of the gamma radiation, the intense heat and light from a nuclear detonation. "Some" would probably be enough. How about using neutron bombs? 

Also, since anti-magic field is possible (even Discord was unable to use magic near Chrysalis throne), it is a matter of time when humans would figure out how to make their weapons magic-proof. Then ponies would be screwed completely.

The question is IF they have time. Time travel. Done. Teleport everyone that the ground 10 feet under... Done.. or just teleport the head... Done... Or levetate us and put is upside down and drop us head first and we are done.

Magic: things we dont understand.

Science: magic that we understand.

Hence magic will kill us

• 5 months later...

the alternate timeline has always existed before  starlight mess with time starlight creates a multiverse so the sombra timeline still exist as it own separated universe aswell with all of the other timeline and i disagree ponies would win. on the ponies side the mane 6 and discord king sombra lord tirek  queen  chrysalis  windigo celestia and luna nightmare moon changeling yak pony of shadow OIP.USnR7EPl36hElCGJpO2pbAHaE_?pid=Api&rvector__75___discord__2_by_dashiesparkletirek_by_sir_hanahin-d8cgrqz.pnglatest?cb=20200519020134See the source imagesonic_the_hedgehog___mlp_render_by_lachlif sonic the hedgehog and Tails amy knuckles eggman shadow were on the pony side  Changling_army_S02E26.png&ehk=l1zPq8evgUknuckles_by_tooneyes-d67z9lp.png&ehk=Y4Htails_the_fox_by_angie__wolf-d8v2vly.pngth?id=OIP.grBJgbdlPC_R2ha8t4ATSwHaLa&pid and if  carnage was on their side there will be bloodshed5076837-carnage.jpgcarnage-marvel-character-2-psd-430709.pncarnage-marvel-character-psd-430783.pngCarnage-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-h1.jpg77990-175437-carnage.jpgking_sombra__s_shadow_by_fercho262-d5kfkthe_pony_of_shadows_by_negatif22-dbqcpd8See the source imageso magic beat technology so pony winSee the source image