• Twilight Sparkle
    • Apple Jack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Spike
    • Other

When I first started watching the show, Twilight was best pony. During the great pony drought of 2013 I had tons of time to rewatch the episodes. It didn't take long for me to realize that although Twilight is still the best mane 6, she's nothing compared to Princess Luna.

What would you say if I said i first liked Rainbow Dash? I did at the beginning but eventually I got sick of her prideful attitude and hearing her gloat about herself every second. That reason alone she is one of my least favorite characters now.

My first was Pinkie Pie.  She was (and still is) the funniest, most nutty character and I loved it.  Hell, my first couple of months here, I had a pinkie avatar:

oatmeal__are_you_crazy__by_atomicgreymon

But then I saw episodes like Suited For Success, and did a little bit more analysis about the ponies and why the show worked as well as it did.  And one of the things I realized I loved was how the character of Rarity really subverted expectations (in other shows the fashionista is either a 2 dimensional bitchy villain, or an airhead who loves shopping).  I started thinking more about the character, and there seemed like there was more to her that I found interesting than the rest of the cast.  I like almost everyone on the show, but to me Rarity became the standout. 

Rainbow Dash, always has been, always will be <3

I could have written anything, and you would have guessed, I mean, just look at my sig and my avatar :P

I don't leave you in doubt do I?

I'd have to go with twilight sparkle because I see a lot of myself in her. When I was younger I kept to myself a lot and didn't have many friends but now that I'm older and broken out of my shell a bit I've made some great friendships and eager to make more :)

When my girlfriend found out that I was a brony she was under the impression that I was pulling her leg. So for my birthday that year she got me a blind bag to test if what I said was true and that was the first thing pony I ever got and now Lily blossom sits right next to a picture of our prom date. 

So long story - short. Lily blossom.

My first favorite of the show used to be one of the background ponies, which is Lyra but now my views have switched over to Twilight.

Since she is getting older and getting used to being a princess, she might need not just her friends but also someone who should understand some of the pressure that she's going through when it comes to big responsibilities and maintaining the bond of friendship between them and to giver her some assistance in her quest for knowledge in showing her that not everything can be answer by a book.

First I had Colgate as my fave cos I wanted one that barely anyone else had, then my first Mane 6 fave was Fluttershy, not sure why, just found her amusing. One way or another I've had all of the Mane 6 as my favourite, that's why I find this show so entertaining, if all of them can deviate between your favourite, it shows that they're really good, diverse, complex characters.

My favorite was Dashie in the beginning. Being a tomboy myself I could relate to her alot when I first saw her, her personality her attitude, and I just thought she was SO AWESOME!! :wub: Seriously the first episodes I watched were the pilot episodes so after the whole 10 Seconds Flat thing I was impressed :o 

That is until I got to Party of One. THAT EPISODE CHANGED EVERYTHING!! ^_^ I realized there was more to Pinkie then just her hyper, super bubbly crazy antics and I have to admit she kind of annoyed me in the beginning, but once I got to this episode that all changed :D For some reason, my view of Pinkie changed and I ended up making her best pony.

Season 2 strengthened that by giving Dash a pretty terrible episode with Mare Do Well and giving Pinkie a FANTASTIC episode with A Friend Indeed. 

Funny thing is, after I took the Bronyland Personality Quiz when I first joined the forums I found out I was most like Pinkie Pie, and to think I used to believe I was more like Dashie B)

So anyways that's my story :lol:

• Brohoof 2

TBH... Vinyl Scratch is what cought my eye right off the bat while wandering mindlessly about the internet.. So its always really been her :P

But as I started to actually watch the show.. RD by far. Loyalty is something thats just so rare these days alongside generosity. But loyalty IMO is one of the most important (and yet lacking) aspects of a true friend.

Tis why I keep the RD Metal dog tag I have, on my neck always :P

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

I never really had a "first" favorite pony, I have always been more or less a hard cor Dashie fan, although I would also say that Applejack is my second favorite pony because she is a country girl and I am a country boy! I kinda like all of the mane 6 though, they all seem ta have their awesome moments where they shine! It's just that the pony that has the most awesome moments the most (IMO) would be Rainbow Dashie!

I think it may have been RD cause having the most masculine pony be your favorite was cool or something I don't know 

Then it became AJ cuz she's one of the best characters morality-wise imo. And now it's Rarity. I'm starting to really like Rarity  :D (Why is there only one Rarity emote?  :(

Edited by Ampharos

Twilight was my first favorite character. She looked so cute, I mean they all did...but twilight was who I liked the most. Partially because I was able to relate easily. I personally didn't have a ton of friends and she was kind of the same. I liked her because she is smart, and she was also. Semi-well rounded character. (In my mind at least) and so I liked her first.

I didn't like rainbowdash's voice at first.

I didn't like how annoying pinkie was. (She is not annoying to me now that I am way more secure about being a brony.)

Fluttershy wasn't all that cute looking. (To me)

Rarity was a diva to me. Not my style.

Applejack was a country type. Also not my style.

However, now I enjoy all the mane 6 and pretty much every protagonist. My favorite character became luna after a while. Idk why maybe bandwagon

And then I learned of some awesome OCs and so snowdrop was my favorite OC until very recently. Now it is Nyx from Past Sins. (A book I obsess over)

Wow. After about 80 votes, it seems the most first-appealing ponies are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Not surprised since Rainbow Dash is very colorful and is a bit of a tomboy, sort of like how us bronies aren't all female yet like something intended for girls. And Fluttershy...need I explain this?

Everything Rainbow Dash touches becomes 20% cooler, that speaks for itself B)  Spikes not a pony, but he's a close second.  Love his banter.

Edited by Deesinn