• Twilight Sparkle
    • Apple Jack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Spike
    • Other

Twilight. When I first started watching the show, I was very introverted ( and still am, ) not to mention I hadn't really made any friends yet either.

Just about every reaction Twily had I could relate to ( especially the groan when Fluttershy and Spike struck up a conversation. )

But as the show went on I discovered we had a lot less in common than I had thought.

I think my best pony would have to be Fluttershy. Why you ask because...ironically because of all the good and bad shes done...yes I loved putting your hoof down its one of my favorites. It shows that shes just not a one trick pony (all puns intended) :comeatus:

It shows that yes shy people can keep things bottled up and that the one to hurt you most can be the one whos taken the most abuse. Plus...

Fluttershy Is incredibly adorable and reminds me of myself.

As a child I was constantly clammed up in my room and would take anything someone says to me to heart and in some respects even now I do these same things.

Whats incredible to me though is Just like me I see her growing and learning from her mistakes and becoming alot more open to the world thanks to her friends...the same thing is happening with me

I see myself becoming more open and ready to stand my ground against things and not just take wrong for wrong. I love fluttershy because she is the side of me I never wanted to admit I had...well until now that is.  :proud:

At first I had a thing for Fluttershy at first because of her cuteness, but as I kept watching the show I became A LOT more fond of Rainbow Dash and had Fluttershy sat quietly at 2nd...then she was knocked down from that spot by Rarity...then Twilight...then AJ...then Scoots....then....yeaaahhhh....

Edited by Megas75

Rainbow Dash was my first favorite pony since I had subconsciously latched on to her as this. I also liked Fluttershy a lot, if only because she is very relatable. But I gradually started opening my mind to the other characters, so now Pinkie Pie and Luna are my favorites.

I've always liked Twilight the best w Fluttershy a close 2nd.  But, you are right about opinions changing.  I like Rarity more than I did (Although, to be fair, Season 4 Rarity is WAY less obnoxious than Season 1 Rarity)

For this generation, Twilight. But if we wanna get technical, although I never watched the older generation movies/shows, I had a bunch of the toys when I was little and I absolutely loved Star Catcher.

Yes, yes. I know every pony adores Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Twi - personally they are all my least faves, especially Twi...

At the bottom of my list.

My fave pony just has to be Applejack. The reason is as following:

Last Summer I was going through my grandmas attic with, well, my grandma, and suddenly I saw something orange in the corner of my eye. I went to take a closer look, and there was Applejack, on top of a box of pony accessories. When I asked my grandma what it was (I didn't know at the time), she told me it was one of my mums old my little pony toys. So I took them all home, and always kept AJ with me. These were of course ponies from earlier generations. So the main reason I love Applejack is because she is the first pony I ever saw or heard of, and I have a connection with her.

Rarity is also legit :):wub:

Fluttershy was my first, since she was so cute and when she's mad she's also cute.

But then Rarity happened, everything about her is so good, I jumped the shark. 

Then Rainbow Rocks happened. I jumped the shark again to Sunset Shimmer. This one is for real though. Heck, I had a dream about Sunset Shimmer.

But, alas, I still like all 3 of them, +Tavi and Trixie

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

honestly it was rarity at first. yeah... when I first became a brony I first liked rarity, well and pinkie pie. mostly rarity. (my three right now are pinkie, rarity and rainbow)

Before I really started watching the show, my favorite was Applejack. I loved her design (still do), and she seemed like an interesting character. So yeah, that is why Applejack was my first favorite. Unfortunately, she is no longer in that spot (that spot belongs to Twilight Sparkle now).

• 2 weeks later...

It often tends to fluctuate.

Early in my brony days, it was Twilight Sparkle that caught my attention. After a while it became Rainbow Dash, then Pinkie Pie, then Rarity and now it's Twily again. 

A definite answer would be a toss-up between Twilight, Pinkie and Rarity. 

Fluttershy was my first favourite pony, even before I started watching the show. I saw a random image of her and I thought she was really adorable. Heck, she's still one of my favourite characters tied with two others I've grown attached to as well.