• Twilight Sparkle
    • Apple Jack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Spike
    • Other

When I started watching, it was because of another forum. All of the bronies on said forum were RD fans.

Do I was a Dash fan for a while, but I left after a short time, and now I don't really like Dash that much.

Rarity, because she was awesome, generous, and would kick your butt and flip her hair while doing it. (Quote from tumblr.)

Then I met sweet, sweet Luna...

Edited by Shift

At first, my favorite pony was Applejack. Her design really appealed to me, and she seemed like a pretty nice character. However, I couldn't relate to her as well as another pony: Fluttershy; who became my favorite shortly after watching the show a bit more. I could relate to her, and I thought she had some of the best scenes, and was just plain adorable.

However, Rarity has caught up in my list of favorite ponies. Right now, she is tied with Fluttershy for best pony, but if we get another great Rarity episode like "Rarity Takes Manehattan," I think Fluttershy may lose her spot of best pony. Rarity is probably the funniest of the Mane 6, and has a very nice personality. She also has a fantastic singing voice, and has great episodes for the most part.

I can hardly recall a time when Applejack was not my favorite pony, but way back before I became a fan of the show it was Rainbow Dash who stood out the most, which is not too surprising given her eye-catching design and cool, tomboyish attitude. But when I really delved into each episode of the first season it wasn't long before I noticed how much I was enjoying Applejack for her charm, her dependability and selflessness, her endearing flaws and weaknesses, and her many adorning quirks.

In a nutshell, Applejack won me over by the time I finished every episode in season 1. Rainbow Dash might have intrigued me before I became a brony/pegasister, (before I could really judge the characters fairly) but as long as I've been a dedicated fan it's always been Applejack who's been top pony for me and that ain't changin'. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

The first full episode I watched was Party of One, and Pinkie immediately became my fav. Eventually it shifted to Fluttershy because for some reason I got it into my head that I had to favor the one most similar to me (actually she's not the most similar, AJ is last I checked according to the pony personality test), because back then I tended to blindly listen to other's opinions on things that I hadn't already formed an opinion on. Than I stopped being like that, and eventually it shifted to Rarity.

She's been my favorite since before october 2012, and I don't see that changing.

Just as I thought, I'm not surprised that fluttershy and rainbow dash are on top.

Poor Twilight isn't getting much "love at first sight" :(, but I'm sure she's many people's current favorite pony :).

Ya RD and Fluttershy tend to be the most popular, I think it's because Rainbow Dash is "cool" (I've never liked her much because of her ego, if she just did cool things and didn't gloat about it, I'd like her a lot more. I can't stand characters who are egotistical, tho I think she may have lightened up mostly or completely on the ego thing), and also for being a tomboy, I think those types are popular for some reason. Fluttershy on the other hand is popular, I believe, because she's "cute" and because I think a lot of bronies relate to her because they're introverted as well.

Personally I think both are really overrated, Fluttershy probably more so, since too many of her fans favor her for being cute, which is a terrible reason. I dunno, I probably sound like I'm talking outta my ass here, but I'm pretty sure that's those are the reasons for their popularity.

Very excellent question there.

For me, I believe it was mostly the adorable factor and the many fan videos, arts, and music that was in at the time that made fluttershy my all time favorite.

But within the more I see the show, my taste changed till I liked EVERY pony at least once during those times.

Luckily, I finally found her, and since then, she has been my #1 best pony since last year.....

img-2180302-1-515125__safe_solo_rarity_s

Yep, I'm talking about you rarity!  :blush:

Once you go Rarity, you never go back :)

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 1

First it was Pinkie Pie because of how random she was. Then it was Rainbow Dash because she kinda reminds me of myself, sometimes. I can be arrogant, sometimes. Then Vinyl Scratch became my favorite pony ever since I first saw her and Vinyl remains my favorite pony.

My first favorite pony was Rainbow Dash.

rainbow_dash___dance__by_bobthelurker-d5

Before I even began watching My Little Pony, I had seen the video where Rainbow Dash and Starscream fought. I thought it was pretty freaking awesome that a pony won against a transformer. Also, blue has always been my favorite color so that also made her a little more appealing to me as well. Once I actually began watching the show, I thought she was pretty darn cute. You just got to love those voice cracks.

Anyways, as the show progressed I found that my favorite seemed to change on a weekly basis. After being a brony for almost a year now, I can say that Rainbow Dash is still one of my favorites. Not because she is "awesome, or "cool". I just genuinely like her character, and her element of harmony (Loyalty) is my favorite as well.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash was the first pony I saw and she still is my favourite pony, however I do love Fluttershy and Applejack, but I love Rainbow's endurance, friendship with the mane six and her rainbow coloured mane, in addition she gave me an enduring love for pegasi.

When I first started watching, Twilight was my favorite because of how relatable I found her to be.

I totally agree. Though the Season 1 opening is not perfect and no doubt has a few things some fans dislike, I quite enjoyed it. It was far less girly than I thought it would be and I've watched it several times for one simple reason: Twilight starting out as a student with no time for friend-making until the day she met the Mane Five of Ponyville. Throughout her first meetings with the others, I saw myself in Twilight's horseshoes. In my one week of watching all three seasons for the first time to get caught up, Twilight has always been the one I wanted to know what shall happen to her the most. Even to this day where I love all the main characters and even tolerate the grating voices of Snips and Snail, I still see her as my most favorite pony.

Poor Twilight isn't getting much "love at first sight" :(, but I'm sure she's many people's current favorite pony :).

Seeing how I'm the first one to vote for Twilight on this topic, I concur.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly i'm not sure, i didn't really think about who my favorite was exactly.

However technically the first pony i saw was fluttershy since before watching an actual episodes i watched some "The best of Fluttershy" video, after watching some guiles theme for the staredown with the cockatrice. 

So Fluttershy was my first favorite i guess, then it kinda bounced between Twilight and Pinkie and Fluttershy, then i picked Fluttershy, then in more recent months i've taken a liking to Twilight a good bit, shes kinda in a tie with Fluttershy at the moment. Pinkies my 3rd favorite still if anyones wondering.

Firefly was my first ever fav pony when

i was kid...(strange i am not a Dashie fan...) But

my first pony to love is Fluttershy and such

just from her first meeting with Twilight and and

such and all but also I fell for Scoot so

yah!

My first favorite pony was actually Twilight. I tend to like main characters because most of the focus is on their character. But I ended up liking Rainbow Dash the most by the time I finished season 1 because I realized that she is really awesome and she's pretty cute haha.

• Brohoof 1

I actually first heard about the show through a lets play of SCP containment breach mod of all places. Markiplier was being hilariously trolled by teh ponies, and I took an immediate liking to dashie since I first saw her. I didn't even know about her personality till later, it was her look that actually got me attached at first. But now I like dashie even more, her personality is just AWESOME to put it simply B)

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy was my first favorite I knew I would fall in love with her after watching the first 2 episodes. Currently though I'm struggling to figure out who I like more out of the rest of the mane 6 >.< (Its doing my head in)  

I was one of many who liked Rainbow Dash first. Now this was before I considered myself a brony, and she was the only cool one to me at the time. Now my favorite is Pinkie Pie with Rainbow Dash runner-up. Favorite pony overall is Luna.

• Brohoof 1

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2ny'.

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

Firefly because old school. But my favorite of Gen 4, seeing as I don't actually watch the earlier gens, was Fluttershy to start with. She was shy, which I connect with on a personal level, and to quote Sweetie Belle, "I really like her mane!" Because that was all I had to go on, was the base aspect of their personality. I connected with her the most. Now that the characters have become more fleshed out, I don't like her quite as much. She's very one sided. Every episode is her being shy and trying to fix it because that's her whole personality. my personal favorite now out of the main 6 and Celestia is probably Rarity, but I'll change it by next week.

Rarity just strikes me as the most characterised and fully thought out character. Unlike in my earlier example of Fluttershy, she feels more believable. (Well, as believable as a colorful talking horse dressmaker is.) Fluttershy just IS kind. Twilight just HAS magic. They're aspects of the character that are just there. Rarity feels more like she has to work towards her generosity. She isn't always generous, in fact sometimes she's downright manipulative. But even though she may have fallen, she gets back up. She honestly strives to be generous. To help others. I feel like it makes her more interesting than just BEING something, she works for it. Thanks to anyone who read through my really long post.

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

My first favorite pony was Rainbow Dash, solely because I was still kind of in denial about liking the show, and Rainbow Dash was the most "masculine" character, so it made me feel better about liking it. Of course, now I have realized the glory of Twilight.

My first favorite was pinkie, then I merged over to fluttershy, because of how adorable she was, and now it's Rarity. Honestly, It evolved with me as I matured. :P

• Brohoof 1

You know I had always liked fluttershy and I will never switch. Why because I am just like fluttershy and she is the one who is helping me become more of a brony and MORE. :squee:

9fd0467e40a79e754b04d3fd0a231ff2.png

Edited by Bgines
  • Brohoof 1