Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Behaviors do You Label as Immature?

DND

• 1 year later...

~People who think it's cool to swear in ever sentence.

~Finding 9/11, racist, and terrorist jokes to be funny. Honestly, those jokes can be offensive to people.

~Making fun of Christians or any other religion for that matter (I'm a Christian and I hate it when people make fun of me for being who I am).

~People who think they are better than everyone else.

~Vain and overly selfish people.

~Arrogant behavior.

~No respect for ANYONE.

• Brohoof 2

No, you're not immature. I don't think I explained these 2 points well enough, so let me explain them some more.

1.Repeating the same thing over, and over again.

(Warning: Extreme language) Watch the video, and you'll know what I mean. She repeats herself multiple times through out the video. I mean, around the 1 minute mark I don't even know what she is saying but boy does she like repeating it. If you watch other Darien Long Mall Cop Videos filmed in the ghetto part of Atlanta, you'll see that a lot of people here repeat themselves sometimes up to 8 times in a row.

http://youtu.be/-jzGLREMAUQ

2. When I say extremely hypocritical, I mean extremely. I don't mean being a little hypocritical every now and then. We all are. I was more or less referring to someone in my life, who does hypocritical things on a daily basis. I don't think you know just how hypocritical they can be. Having to deal with this every single day can be annoying. Anyways, this person does not recognize their mistake nor do they apologize for it.

You live in/near Atlanta, too? Same! I didn't even know it had ghettos... O.o

I would label not acting your age and being a grown up when you should be immature. :okiedokielokie:

~People who think it's cool to swear in ever sentence.
~Finding 9/11, racist, and terrorist jokes to be funny. Honestly, those jokes can be offensive to people.
~Making fun of Christians or any other religion for that matter (I'm a Christian and I hate it when people make fun of me for being who I am).
~People who think they are better than everyone else.
~Vain and overly selfish people.
~Arrogant behavior.
~No respect for ANYONE.

Indeed, you just nailed what I couldn't put my fingers on!
  • Brohoof 1

Inability to remain serious, dumping blame on others instantly and with no merit, oversleeping, tardiness, wastefulness and inconsideration of your peers.

On that note, sometimes we all do stuff that can appear immature, so it's all subjectivity. You choose who your audience is, so you're responsible to keeping them pleased.

• Brohoof 1

People who can't be serious when you are trying to have a normal conversation.

People who interrupt conversations with stupid noises.

When someone comes up behind me and grabs, shoves or hits me. Even if you're my friend, let me talk without attacking me

• Brohoof 1

- Spam, spam, spam, spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam! (Repeating the same thing even after everyone understands your point)

- Body jokes. (Yeah, extremely immature for me and I hate them to death)

- Constantly physically harming each other IRL for absolutely no reason.

- Treating a TV show/movie/anything like a religion.

- Verbal abuse for absolutely no reason.

Immaturity is a perceptive thing as much as being 'normal' is. Everyone has their opinions on what is immature and what's not. Some of it matches, other things do not. A general standard agreeable thing among most though is that not acting your age is considered immature. That is true to some level. We all will have a child in us even as adults, it's just our responsibility to know when to let that inner child out.

This stuff is common sense people.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2015-04-26 at 11:10 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Getting drunk, and thinking they're above everything 

Oh man, to think my current answer is WAY longer :D. So long I don’t even know where to start :lostit:

I don't know. I am "immature" by definition. But I have a strong moral code that would put most people to shame. So much in fact that they would start defecating on the ground to secure their territory, because of feeling so insecure and confused before my eerie presence.

But this moral code is something that I naturally developed since early age, despite the fact that nobody inculcated this model of thinking. I just remember feeling attracted towards my mother. And somehow, I realized "This is wrong". "This ends here". And I ended it. Never again did I follow on that behaviour. Which is incredibly mature for a 8-10 years old with a terrible education. Actually, I was pretty mature for my age. Ever since childhood. I was in fact the most mature among my classmates. I always had this way of looking at people, that they felt naked before my eyes. Exposed, ashamed, even. So, they attacked me. Because they didn't like feeling exposed.

Imagine looking at an adult and being able to make them feel ashamed with themselves.

I saw all kind of behaviours that could be considering immature. Puerile even. Like this drunk man I saw humping on a light post at night. Making violent love to it. It was one the most unironically enlightening events I have witnessed in my entire life. Very immature. Very animalistic. But also revealing. In a vulnerable way. Both literally, and figuratively. It was like the book of revelations puts it.

Because in the end. What is immature, if not our innermost nature beyond the limitations of this artificial social construct in which pretend to be anything but? Think about it. I'm gonna be making myself some coffee in the meantime. And have a nice day.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I will say it again. Being rude and acting like a douche bag because either you just want to make trouble for others or just like dragging others with your personal shit. Look- I can be mean and asshole too…but only if I have deal with likes of these kind of people. I don’t want any trouble- I drop that long ago, because damn it’s a headache to deal with. So please, don’t start with me. Treat people like crap because you think your misery would love a company? Please, 

“Yeah, I get it, you're an outcast
Always under attack
Always comin' in last
Bringin' up the past
No one owes you anything
I think you need a shotgun blast
A kick in the ass
So paranoid
Watch your back!

Oh my, here we go
Another loose cannon gone bipolar
Slipped down, couldn't get much lower
Quicksand's got no sense of humor
I'm still laughin' like hell

You think that by cryin' to me
Lookin' so sorry, that I'm gonna believe
You've been affected by a social disease?
Well then, take your medicine

I created the sound of madness
Wrote the book on pain
Somehow, I'm still here to explain
That the darkest hour never comes in the night
You can sleep with a gun
But when you gonna wake up and fight
For yourself?”

• 2 months later...