If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

Well before I answer this I need to now how far back am I going? Am I going back to just before I became a brony? To before the show aired? Am I heading back 5 years? 10 years? Will I head over to when my grandma was babysitting and she was to busy watching Dark Shadows so I could sneak in and talk to my infant self on how awesome MLP is even before the abomination that was MLP tales was finished airing?

We need specifics here!

I still don't think i got a proper answer for this, hence why I can't give a proper answer myself. 

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

i would say that i expected that. i was just waiting for myself to enter a strange fandome or something like that :) and i would also ask how i maneged to talk to me

img-33449-1-img-33449-1-img-33449-1-sig-

thanks Pastel Pinkie for the amazing sign!

and thanks icyfire888 for the super cute profile picture!

• 2 weeks later...

I would have 5 questions

1. Who are you?

2. How'd you get into my house?

3. What are you talking about?

4. What are you smoking, and can I have some?

(Yes I put 2 questions into 1 just for the lulz.)

• Brohoof 1

Since i was a Furry at a very young age, i would probably just look the show up and would probably find the show cute  :)

But maybe i would find it boring, i dont know, because i disliked most cartoons in my childhood  :ooh:

But I mean, i always watched girly things sometimes, like barbie films.

So i wouldnt be surprised if i would watch Mlp in the Future  :lol:

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

I'm just wondering how and why that would end up being what I would tell myself from the past.

What insane version of me, having the opportunity to tell myself to take better care of myself and bring a future into my life, would go back to my past self and say "In several years you're going to like a My Little Pony cartoon, bye."

I'm sorry, I'm terrible with these hypotheticals... But honestly, liking MLP just isn't something out of line for me. The only reason I might bring it up is... "Those MLP toys out there right now... You will like them in the future. Get some if you can" but that would be pointless too because I didn't get a job until after I liked FiM, and I most certainly didn't have any money during G3.

It'd be so much more fun to tell what instruments I'd end up playing in the future, or telling my senior year self who she was going to date next. Those all would come out of the left field.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

My sisters grew up watching the older series, so I think that my 10 year old self would be thinking of G3 and the like when I heard of the pones. So, seeing me interested in that would be pretty hard, unless I made it as an art practice excuse, for cartooning.

They'd look at me weird, then laugh and say, "I'M going to like THIS?"

My-Little-Pony-old.jpg

And I'd reply with, "no, you're going to like THIS."

mlp_fim_epic_wallpaper_by_nyannyanpop1-d

Edited by Fluttercord36
  • Brohoof 2

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live." ~Albus Dumbledore

1. please tell me life gets better

2. tell me what I need to avoid

3. is there anything I will regret?

4. please give me the answers to all the tests!

5. SAY WHAT?! MLP GETS BETTER?!

(context: I was depressive, my past self would want to avoid suffering. I am desperate to do well and the last one, I quit mlp after G2 so I was skeptical)

Edited by Melke

My RP OCs: Melke the catSyo the feline explorer, Saber the feral pony

Check out my art stuff at deviantart or request something from my request shop.

Funny, the past. Mmmm...

Me: Hi, past little self, guess what you'll like a sho..."

Past mini me: Stranger danger! Police!(kicks me in the groin).

Actually, I would simply laugh, and maybe worry about it.

I would've just asked "Is it something my sister forces me to watch? Because the old show was just boring."

I would've then replied,"Nope, because it has a god of chaos, an evil queen who tried to have the main character kill her sister-in-law, and the cutest little dragon ever."

I would've laughed in my face before I told myself, "Weird Al does a guest role."

That would've shut me up and wondering what role he would play.

Edited by BrineBlade

It would depend on how far into the past.  I was in high school 15 years ago, and at that time I was really into Sailor Moon, especially the original Japanese version.  I was getting into it just at the time when you could still order fansubs that would come in the mail on VHS tapes.  (wow!)  So I guess high school me wouldn't be so surprised that I liked a cartoon that has a main target audience of young girls, but rather why I would be interested in some American garbage rather than the pure perfection of Japanese animation.  I think I could get high school me on board, though.  :D

• Brohoof 1

img-35929-1-img-35929-1-30rsowg.jpg

Princess of Friendship

Queen of Our Hearts

• 2 weeks later...

If we're talking about teenaged me:

"Really? Goodness, how'd that happen? XD"

If we're talking about little girl me:

"Shh, I'm trying to play Barbie Riding Club. I've almost found the golden horsehoe."

Edited by ShadOBabe

Signature_Forums.png.dd2a654d7faa42c09ea06c44865a3c2a.png

Check out my artwork any time: http://shadobabe.deviantart.com/
"OMG; You are such a troll. XD" - PathfinderCS