Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Discord popped the question to Fluttershy?

Singe

(edited)

He asks Fluttershy to marry him.

I wouldn't even hold it past Rarity to jump in if she saw the rock he was carrying for comedic purpose.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think I would stop watching the show forever. I'm so tired of Discord and all his appearances feel like fanservice. Bad fanservice.  >_> I really liked him originally but I can't stand the pussified version of him. He was supposed to be the embodiment of chaos! :okiedokielokie:  No offense to anyone who likes him, though.  :derp:

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 7

I think I would stop watching the show forever. I'm so tired of Discord and all his appearances feel like fanservice. Bad fanservice.  >_>

While I agree Discord asking Fluttershy to marry him would be wildly out of character for a show like MLP, what is wrong with Discord?! 

While I agree Discord asking Fluttershy to marry him would be wildly out of character for a show like MLP, what is wrong with Discord?! 

I just edited the post a little to give more detail.  :P

I really liked him originally but I can't stand the pussified version of him. He was supposed to be the embodiment of chaos! :okiedokielokie:

I'd be like "Eww...  Honeymoon."  
You mean like your avatar?

Personally i would find it crazy but all you people are whining when a villain goes good and totally ignore the fact that Equestria itself supports forgiveness and reform. At least it does in the later episodes. What would imprisoning him in stone forever achieve? Just wait for another escape of his and chaos with evil ruling in the end? That's... disappointing. 
  • Brohoof 3

If Discord and FS were going to marry, it would likely be an April Fools thing with a twist ending. Fluttershy saying, "I d..." then cut to credits. OR Fluttershy saying, "I do." Then cut to her reading a Discord fan-fiction.

• Brohoof 5

What!? :blink:

That would just be so random and--oh, I see.  Very cute.

No.  As far as we know, Discord and Fluttershy's relationship is platonic.  It could become romantic, but it isn't right now.

As much as I ship it, that'd be so out of character I'd be completely shocked. I would probably continue watching the show, cause it'll take more than a mane character getting engaged to make me leave this fandom.

• Brohoof 1

It would be hilarious as a one off gag. Fluttershy is all confused, spends an entire episode debating on WTF to do only for Discord to reveal it was a joke or change his mind. It's totally something he'd do, lets be honest.

• Brohoof 2

If that were to actually happen it would probably be Discord being his trolling self, who knows Discord could use in some odd way to help her. Maybe she has a crush on some stallion but dosen't have the guts to talk to him and Discord figured it out, thanks topic you just gave me a great idea for a fanfic.

(edited)

I laughed when I saw this post....and had to reply.

This is quite silly, since the few couples we know of in the show are basically Mr. & Mrs. Cake, with the more minor ones being some of the Mane 6's parents, and some Canterlot snobs.

In terms of marriage in Equestria in general, it does not seem like a cultural expectancy or necessity (like it is for the most part in our world). It seems like love works differently in Equestria (since we have seen very few married couples but a lot of "dating" couples).  It seems like you do not need to attach yourself to your "very special somepony" to be successful or raise young comfortably....

But all this is just speculation since relationships on this level have not been touched on at all, and rarely alluded to, and thus anything in regards to what happens beyond dating, is just fanon.

However, other than Spike's crush on Rarity, I do not see interspecies relationships being "anything" at all, in other words, you will never see any interspecies relationships other than friendships. Spike is the only exception, but we have to keep in mind that his feelings for Rarity are not reciprocated by Rarity, and there's the fact that Spike is a BABY dragon. He is not mature enough to fully understand societal norms in the pony world nor the dragon world (and this has been touched on). Spike will most likely not keep his crush on Rarity as he matures and grows up, but I think Rarity will always have a spot in his heart because of her relevance in his life. >insert cute dawww here<

Onto Discord and Fluttershy.....no, no no no no .... I doubt Discord will even be able to fall in love, because that is the antithesis of chaos. Love is perfect harmony at its core, so on a fundamental level, it would not happen. Take in what I said about Equestrian relationships, and you can't see this as possible within the ramifications of Equestrian society as well as a Draconian's very existence (though if and how they reproduce is beyond me)....I can Discord having an eternal soft spot for Fluttershy, but I cannot see anything more...

Edited by Treble Bolt

He would probably carefully plan it over weeks and weeks. It would include a musical number with a twelve piece orchestra, death metal band, bagpipers, mariachi band, etc. The ring would probably be something big and grandiose too. Overall, it would be the cutest, randomest, and most romantic proposal ever.

Let's just say I don't want details of the wedding night.

Whoever said anything about sex?