Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Why do so many people hate on country music?

Oblivion

But beer is good and god is great...:3

And people are crazy. :lol:

I only agree with about one third of that song but I find it awesome anyway.

It does seem awfully strange that people dislike country sooooo much. Even moreso because a lot of country shares a lot of elements with genres like rock.

Someone in this thread mentioned that people don't like it because anyone can play and sing it...well you can say that about most genres really but the easier it is to produce, the lower the quality of the overall genre will be for sure. Electronic genres have this problem as well since all it takes is one person with a beat-making program or machine, sometimes just a video editor will do even, to make electronic but the truly great stuff would take some very complex equipment and knowledge of music theory to pull off.

• Brohoof 2

It's because it real life stuff and people think country music = hate

but how can you not like this  Hermes House Band  Country Roads http://youtu.be/RGkPh_86N7A  or this http://youtu.be/RBFU9tPEf4c    Take Me Home, Country Roads performed by Olivia Newton-John    that country music and even American Dad had it on there!

or this Florida Georgia Line - Cruise  http://youtu.be/bmZ9xRO7M9M

or Tim McGraw - Truck Yeah, or Craig Morgan - Redneck Yacht Club, or Craig Morgan - International Harvester. even hootie does country music  or darius rucker as he is know.

I don't know how to pick videos from youtube on here!

post-13882-0-41384700-1370113949_thumb.jpg

but really it's just people are very rarity these days and not applejack.

• Brohoof 2

It's because it real life stuff and people think country music = hate

but how can you not like this  Hermes House Band  Country Roads http://youtu.be/RGkPh_86N7A  or this http://youtu.be/RBFU9tPEf4c    Take Me Home, Country Roads performed by Olivia Newton-John    that country music and even American Dad had it on there!

or this Florida Georgia Line - Cruise  http://youtu.be/bmZ9xRO7M9M

or Tim McGraw - Truck Yeah, or Craig Morgan - Redneck Yacht Club, or Craig Morgan - International Harvester. even hootie does country music  or darius rucker as he is know.

I don't know how to pick videos from youtube on here!

but really it's just people are very rarity these days and not applejack.

I usually just copy and past the url to the video directly on my post, then the video is playable on my post!

I think a big problem is that Country is drifting basically into Pop territory, with the exact same things happening to country that makes Pop an objectively bad genre. Pop has always been about image and money far over actual talent, and it's becoming clearer every year to me that country is drifting that way in practice, if it isn't already there.

There is also a problem with repetitiveness in subject regarding mainstream country music. I often find the subjects of Trucks, America, girls and Country to be repeated themes in mainstream country music, and I can definitely say that adds to the negative image modern day mainstream country has now.

• Brohoof 1

@,

old country music is awesome.. no really how can you dislike this?

anyway i dislike new "modern" country music

still, my favourite style isn't real country, but this blues/rock mix Mark Knopfler was awesome at to (no really.. this breakes asses):

It's unfortunate, but I believe a large portion of it comes from the lack of likable mainstream country music. I like a lot of country music that most people don't know about, such as Bruce Honrsby.

Several friends who claimed to hate country enjoyed Crown of Jewels and Mandolin Rain.

The former they especially liked, which is hard to find on Youtube, but here it is.

I think it's funny that many country singers will have songs about getting drunk and sleeping around, right next to songs about God and Jesus, on the same album!

I wouldn't expect anything different. All too often religion does not hold one to any values, it just gives them an excuse to hate on 'the gays'.

Most people that hate mainstream country will actually love the REAL deal, look at the video I posted, lol although it is kinda sad! :)

Sorry, but it sounds no different to me. "Real" country is indistinguishable from "new" country to me. I don't care for either. The only exception being the very beginning of country, which IIRC from my American popular music course was called "country blues", or something like that.

I wouldn't hate it, if every single piece of country music sounded like this:

Or this..

Just my two cents.

I wouldn't hate it, if every single piece of country music sounded like this:

Or this..

Just my two cents.

They both sound like southern rock to me, the first one reminds me a lot of Neckleback for some reason! :)

It's not something I listen to because it's played CONSTANTLY on my bus and at school by these two assholes who pretty much hate me. So, I don't hate it, it's just that I don't really like listening to it. To me all country music is these day is singing about beer or trucks or the like, and Taylor Swift.

• Brohoof 1

There are two bad types of music, and I'll tell you which and why.

Country: Accent, too many religious references, southern, trucks, women, alcohol, you wrote your life into a song?

Rap: why all black people?, the sound of it, drugs, alcohol, women, gangs, swearing too much.

• Brohoof 1

First of all its not bad because of religious referances. It's not bad because of the way people sound , it is not bad because it's "southern" and most certainly not about "trucks, women, alcohol"

I made a 2 handed facepalm reading these comments. It's not bad because of those things it's bad because it's not your cup of tea and your prejudices

Same goes for rap.

• Brohoof 1

First of all its not bad because of religious referances. It's not bad because of the way people sound , it is not bad because it's "southern" and most certainly not about "trucks, women, alcohol"

I made a 2 handed facepalm reading these comments. It's not bad because of those things it's bad because it's not your cup of tea and your prejudices

Same goes for rap.

While that may be true, the subject of the thread is not why country music is "bad," but why people don't like it. Those who don't like it merely gave their reasons why it's not their "cup of tea."

• Brohoof 1

Many people don't like country music because, there a few country songs that are about trucks or beer which is not a huge majority of the songs that I've heard. If you don't like it, that's fine.

Same goes for rap.

So what about the whole "Country Music is slowly taking on the practices of Pop Music" argument? Pop music in practice is objectivly bad, taking image and money over actual talent, and Country Music in recent years has definitly been drifting that way. Tayler Swift is considered "Country" but to me seems nothing short of Pop in all aspects.

The same sort of thing goes for Rap as well. It's not like it was in the 90's anymore; it's drifting more towards image than the quality of lyrics.

These things I would say definitely puts at least mainstream Country in an objectively bad light. Music is art, and shouldn't be tainted by such things as selling out.

• Brohoof 2

Well Country is pretty dominant in my state of TX, I could easily say some just don't like it because its what their folks listen to, or maybe thats all they hear and after a period of listening to nothing but country music, you get sick of it after awhile.

I however love all generas! Country is a given, its in my blood. I love the oldies like Conway Twitty, to singers like Alan Jackson, Lonestar, Vince Gill, and of course Rascal Flatts. Those are just a small chip off the ice berg of who I love, I got loads all who are either country, country blues, pop country or country rock. I do love a good mixature too like Florida Georgia Line singing a remix with Nelly in "Cruise".

• Brohoof 1

Well i'm not a fan of country music because the stuff I've heard was garbage like i mean overly simplistic chords, crap meaningless lyrics and vocals like a man who had just drank too much.

idk maybe I've just listened to bad songs or what but yeah tha'ts the reason i'm not a fan of the genre.

• Brohoof 1

While I quite enjoy country music, I can understand why people doesn't like it. Let's say it's depressive, lyrics that not everyone like, the accent (that I personaly like), etc.

But you know what's good? Rock country! :D

• Brohoof 2

It's not something I listen to because it's played CONSTANTLY on my bus and at school by these two assholes who pretty much hate me. So, I don't hate it, it's just that I don't really like listening to it. To me all country music is these day is singing about beer or trucks or the like, and Taylor Swift.

Here is a really good modern country song, I use to hear it just about every morning on the radio driving to work! And not one mention of beer! ^_^

So what about the whole "Country Music is slowly taking on the practices of Pop Music" argument? Pop music in practice is objectivly bad, taking image and money over actual talent, and Country Music in recent years has definitly been drifting that way. Tayler Swift is considered "Country" but to me seems nothing short of Pop in all aspects.

The same sort of thing goes for Rap as well. It's not like it was in the 90's anymore; it's drifting more towards image than the quality of lyrics.

These things I would say definitely puts at least mainstream Country in an objectively bad light. Music is art, and shouldn't be tainted by such things as selling out.

Like I said in an earlier post, if you can wear a cowboy hate, your considered "country", country is a life style and not a genre IMO.

I even quoted my new siggy off of this song! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Well. I like the good stuff, like good old Mr. Cash, and his wonderful collection of music, or the Zach Brown Band. (that there's some good summer music)

However, the music that is played on the radio, such as the hit radio, is kind of... not good music. It's turned into pop that has a slight country theme to it. All they usually talk about is girls, bear, trucks, dirt roads, more trucks, more beer, more dirt roads... oh, and more girls.

Buuut. If you steer away from the generic country music and get into some really good stuff, I'm generally cool with it xD

• Brohoof 1

Because almost every song is this:

Pick two or more of the following

• Beer
  • Pick Up Trucks
  • Tractors
  • Women who like above things.

Now take those you selected and make a song. You've probably made at least 100 songs similar to what's being played today. The reason I hate country music is because almost every song sounds the same, along with the fact that each song is about the same things.

It's also annoying that country is going more "popish." It makes it sound like you're saying "Hey guys! I got a pop beat! Am I cool now?"