Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people celebrate Halloween in your country?

Telferi

11 minutes ago, Spilight98 said:

They do in The Netherlands. 

In exactly the same way as in the USA I believe.

They do, but less children go on the streets. Here in my town there are like 10 children who go around the houses.

• Brohoof 1

Not in Greece. I've read that some kids tried go trick or treating a few times, but the general reaction was "Eh? What's going on?". We celebrate the carnival though, it's similar to Halloween (in a sense that everyone dresses up), but it takes place in January-February and is typically celebrated during the day, rather than the night.

Though I did see a spooky pumpkin sticker on a store's window today, if it counts. :P

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Spilight98 said:

They do in The Netherlands. 

In exactly the same way as in the USA I believe.

17 minutes ago, Hierok said:

They do, but less children go on the streets. Here in my town there are like 10 children who go around the houses.

Nobody goes trick or treating here. :huh: Maybe it's still different depending on wherever you live in the country. Here we celebrate, but not in the same way. We only celebrate by going to Halloween events in amusement parks or any other kind of venue. We do not go trick or treating around houses, which is unfortunate to me.

• Brohoof 2

Yes and no. It is not a Holiday that is actually recognized here in Iceland, but many practice it all the same. The market does advertise costumes for this day cuz you know, opportunity, but not many pay much attention to it. It is a hit and miss kind of day since you will have kids going around in costumes knocking on doors and people will say "Sorry, got no candy" because they simply were not expecting anyone nor do they partake in the day. 

If people like dressing up, they probably will do so, otherwise we all celebrate a different day that is kinda like Halloween which is called Öskudagur (I know the information is short in English, who the hell is interested in Icelandic days?) which is done in February 

If I am not mistaken, they do trick or treat in Belgium where I used to live. As a kid, I remember kids going out in costumes and trick or treating on the streets in Brussel, but I was never allowed to trick or treat with them since I was too young and my parents had no interest in dressing up (they did buy candy though to give the kids). I think that is still done there :) (unless it has become 'racist' to do so as well over there :dry:)

• Brohoof 1

Here in my country, Brazil, most people barely notice Halloween, i never saw anyone going trick or treating, putting costumes or anything like that (outside of a few youtubers)

So, to answer your question, no

• Brohoof 1

Well Halloween isn't very recognised or celebrated in Australia so there's only a couple of families in our massive private housing estate street who actually celebrate Halloween. Plus we sort of hate Halloween in our family because we're Cristian in religion so celebrating Halloween is sort of going against our religion so that's exactly why our family doesn't celebrate it plus Halloween is already mostly dead in Australia. But it was extremely popular like in the USA back 30-50 years ago but it's been dying down rapidly since the 90s and now it's starting to die down in the USA just like it did here in Australia back around 20-30 years ago. :)

• Brohoof 1

Here in germany, Halloween seems to be not so big and important. I usually see a few groups of children who goes from house to house, but this is reallym rarely and in some years, there are also no childrens who ask for candy. I also see not really often some Halloween related stuff in TV or the shops. When I was a child, I remebered that tehre was more interest in halloween, but it seems that Halloween never made it into the german culture. I don't know how it is in the cities, but here on the country, Halloween is nothing important. 

4 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

Yes, but instead of Trick or treating door to door, here it is done in shops. 

I see.

Weren't you born on Halloween back in 1998? Because I can remember playing Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse on that very night.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Weren't you born on Halloween back in 1998

yep, you can see than in my profile.

Also, forgot to mention that though it is official Halloween at 31st of 10th, it's rarely actually celebrated in that day here, it's always little bit before or after.  

yep! they do here! ...though... its kind of sad... every year we get less and less kids trick or treating :(

come on guys!

In South Africa it is largely overlooked. There might be a few bars having a Halloween night on the closest Saturday, or cinemas putting up some decorations and having special horror screenings but that is about that unfortunately. Not a lot of effort going on here. . .

Here in Ukraine people use it as an excuse to have a party. Although most people here are orthodox christians, and Halloween is not among their "church approved" holidays. But the influence of the western culture, movies and cartoons mostly, makes Halloween more and more popular every year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...