Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of needles?

Legacy Dash

129 users have voted

1. 1. Needles?

• Scared of them.
    • Ok with 'em.
    • Love 'em <3

Hai, today I had my vaccinations (they hurt). I'm pretty confident with needles though; sure it hurts, but I'm not scared of them.

I'm just curious, what does everyone else here think of needles? Scared of them, or don't mind them.

- Mitchfizz05.

I actually fainted after getting one of those gross TB tests where they make a little bubble under your skin. So no, me and needles don't get along.

• Brohoof 2

No, I'm not scared of needles, well, not exactly. What I'm scared of is when liquids are injected or extracted from my body through needles and IVs. That makes me extremely sick, sometimes even to the point where my blood pressure becomes inacceptable and they are forced to stop the injection or extraction.

It's a big problem when I donate blood, but I learned to live with it, just put on some music and close my eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

Generally, no.

I'm perfectly fine when getting a shot. If I'm donating blood, I do somewhat apprehensive about it even though I've done it more than once.

Maybe I'll get used to it after awhile.

post-25654-0-26761200-1395923118_thumb.jpg

Does that answer your question?

Well, I'm fine about piercings, but I'm funny about getting jabs, funny about getting blood taken, I also dislike getting injections in my gums...which happens a lot...I hate going to the dentist : c

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I have a fairly strong fear of them. I've developed a method to handle that fear though. If I have to get a needle for some reason, I don't look at the needle itself. Not seeing it at all prevents my fear from kicking in. (Well, maybe not 100% of it, but around 80%)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know at this point. I do get nervous with shots, but the most recent one I had I barely felt anything... But it was in my butt. xD

Still, I'll get just as nervous the next time I have to have one, either way. lol. Especially blood tests, which I haven't had one in forever, thank goodness.

When I donate blood, I ask for a gun and a bucket.

Actually, just kidding! I'm not allowed to give blood!

Anyway, no needles don't bother me. I don't understand the fear ..

I know I am...........pretty embarrassing for me, who is 22 yrs of age and is still afraid of needles.  Problem is, the "sting" of it, gives you such a "nerve" reaction.   However, regular shots are fine.  Its the "blood work" part I hate. 

Not especially, it isn't a phobia for me. I mean, I get antsy when one's coming at me because duh, but otherwise I'm cool with people waving them around and stuff.

Waving them around? I'm getting nauseous just imagining a doctor actually waving the needle around. I'd probably puke all over the floor if I actually saw that.

It all depends, am I wielding the needle, or is the needle being wielded by someone else? If a doctor is holding a needle to extract blood, or give a vaccine, that kind of needle, I don't really like em, but I wouldn't say I'm scared of them. I just don't like the feeling that if he tripped and fell that needle would go all the way through my arm and that wouldn't feel too great... Would leave a cool scar though.

The only reason I ask is because my mind is not like others. I can think of a million different ways to torture someone in 4 minutes. Needles are especially fun because most people are afraid of them... for some reason.

DON'T JUDGE ME. I don't always have control over my mind so it thinks what it wants to... Sometimes...

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of needles, I just don't like them (how anyone can like them I have no idea!) Getting a needle stabbed into your skin is going to hurt no matter what you do, so all you can really do is grin and bear it...and try not to kick someone in a knee-jerk response.   

• Brohoof 1

Getting a needle stabbed into your skin is going to hurt no matter what you do, so all you can really do is grin and bear it...and try not to kick someone in a knee-jerk response.

Two things:
1. Actually, if you're arm is numb, or wherever you get the needle stuck into you is numb, it wont hurt.
2. If I felt an unusual hurting coming from the area of the needle, someone would get roundhouse kicked...

I am deathly afraid of needles and have to turn my head in the opposite direction so I don't see the needle going in. I have a bleeding condition so luckily for me I can't give blood. If I was able to get a tattoo I would probably end up passing out the minute I saw their needle gun or whatever it's called.

I’m personally not afraid of needles:

In fact I recall at Primary School, this vaccination and I wasn’t that bothered about needles or anything and the nurse was like “hey look at me la la la” as if I was going to cry and throw a wobbly if I saw the woman on the other side stick needles in me, I felt a bit patronised by it and insulted. It didn’t like super piss me off, I was just like “oh well never mind back to class” when I had missed the show.

But I felt disappointed that I didn’t get to see it go in :D