Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are we afraid of naked people?

TheMarkz0ne

Yes they do, all the time! Why do you think a lion fights for the rights to the pride? For male dominance.

They definitely acknowledge gender. They even act upon or segregate based on it.

A male lion defends his pride because in doing so it secures mates and therefore future offspring. It has nothing to do with the animal actively thinking it has to be dominant by virtue of its "gender".

Sex-based animal behavior is based on the inate desire to pass on an individual's traits, and they behave out of instinct in accordance to their biological sex and social standing in the group. Gender, by contrast, is a matter of perception of the self, and something that humans are currently the only species known to possess as a concept, though it would be an extraordinary find indeed if conceptual thinking of that nature were discovered to be present in another species.

And much as i love to prattle on about animals and such, i do believe we're beginning to derail this thread...

1) Well, if you REALLY want to site unevolved lower-life forms, Gender is, in fact, a very prevelant and important part of nature.

Lions fighting other male lions for the right to mate with all the females of the pride, groups of chimpanzees specifically targeting the females of the rival chimp "gang" for death to "natural selection" them out of existance,  male angler fish who essentially worship the females to convince them they are worthy of mating...even the crossdressing fish species that does so to trick bigger males into mating with them so they don't maste with the females they chose.

2)  A "belief" that people should not walk around with their balls hanging out is hardly fascist.

Don't you think that there's a reason that even hardcore nudists don't complain?

3) The Japanese also carried out a governmnt sanctioned mass-raping of all Chinese women during the pre-WW2 invasion of mainland China. Just saying...they aren't exactly the picture of decemncy.

1) Gender does not exist in nature. You are talking about males and females. Their behavior is sexual purposes. Gender is what we call boys and girls.

2) Any idea that one should enforce a personal belief on others that are not harming anyone is fascist, no matter the reason.

3) Yes, they were evil but their culture was raped by the Americans. Not surprised though. Because....Americans. >_>

Stamina, in my book, is how long you can exert yourself

The dictionary defines "stamina" as (the) "power to endure disease, fatigue, privation"

• 5 years later...

The human race has made it an apparent goal to demonize itself and its own body at any given opportunity. It is quite sad. We can make machines that can take us to the moon, but if we see even the slightest amount of dick then the world collapses. This goes back so far too. Humanity clearly has some kind of self-hatred fetish since things like most major religions, which are created by humans, constantly paint humanity as the worst thing imaginable. 

• Brohoof 1

We are not afraid of naked people. But there still is a certain level of decensy one has to keep .  Other peoples' bodies are their own problems, just like I don't want people to lay all what they have on their mind, I don't want to see all that they hide behind their clothes.

Edited by Xeltor
  • Brohoof 3

I wouldn't say it's that we're afraid of what other people look like naked, or at least, not wih me. Like Xeltor above me says, I just...don't wanna know what you have cause that's none of my business. :sealed:

I'd say more 'uncomfortable' towards nudity. Nothing wrong with nudity, it's only wrong when someone decided to have no dignity towards one's or the others' body.

I'm against nudity not because I'm ashamed of my body, but because I highly love and respect my body. It's very special to me, so I want to keep it more private and modest. Religions that demonize the body and sexuality don't really understand God's word on the subject at all.

I would think cleanliness is probably a big reason. I wouldn't want to plop my bare butthole or genitals on a seat where someone else was just sitting. Also just like butts and genitals in the air, bumping into things all the time etc. possible secretions.

But that's really only for bottom things. I'm a big supporter of Topless Equality: Women should be able to bare their whole breast in public, same as men. And there are many people who are anti this. The discussion I've come across what about a woman with nasty breasts and it's just like that's your personal preference of attraction that's clouding your mind about something dealing with equal rights.  And of course, boobs are too sexualized, but like what does that mean? Men are going to stare and possible assault women, but like that could happen now either way. It's about the freedom of choice. 

But yea being naked is amazing. Especially outside. Personally, I wouldn't care if I my family or friends wanted to be naked in my house or apartment. Being naked feels great and freeing. I personally hate wearing many layers, so the least amount is best (short shorts/skirt/tank top/crop-top/short dress). Also alot of the things you said in your OP and the first response to this thread. 

Edited by Misscellanio

I don’t fear nudity, I just prefer being clothed in public and seeing others likewise attired. Besides clothing being necessary for warmth and protection from the elements, it looks good. I don’t want to see everyone going around naked and prefer something be left to the imagination. And some people going around in the altogether are just asking for trouble; it isn’t safe in a world like this. 

Clothing is actually required to keep the body warm. Now, I don't want to do the whole history where the human being came from or why they moved, because of different religion and all that. But think about it. Apes have fur (even in hot climates).

With that said. If we all were to agree to be naked, all of us, it would not look so weird as you might think. There are billions of weird looking shaped humans around us, and we are one of those. But who wants to get rid of our clothes? The possible reason for us not having fur to begin with?

We are afraid of naked people because we are not used to see naked people walking around, unless all of us do, then we are afraid of people in clothes. People are that way, afraid of the difference.

• Brohoof 1

All other things considered, I really don't have a problem with nudity if that's what people are into, and I mostly wouldn't care if there were no law against it and people can go around doing it. NYC is without a ban on toplessness and I've seen a few things when I've been there.

But... there's one little problem with everybody being naked. Seats. Pretty much everything people sit on is going to have the potential for skid-marks and even if it's not visible, that means everybody is sharing germs (and possibly parasites) from the dirtiest part of their body (no, good hygiene is NOT going to be enough to deal with that problem). And would anyone really want to walk barefoot anywhere near a public bathroom? There are practical reasons that humans started covering up and I think blaming it all on the Bible is silly. As for how being exposed became humiliating, or illegal, that's a whole other story.

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I think the (now banned) OP’s question is WHY is it considered indecent?

Because most people don't want to be exposed to others being naked. It's ingrained in our society to that being naked equals you making a fool out of yourself.

4 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Because most people don't want to be exposed to others being naked. It's ingrained in our society to that being naked equals you making a fool out of yourself.

That’s pretty much the only reason I wear clothes, honestly. Not counting cold weather of course. But being naked, as you pointed out, draws a LOT of attention. And I’m not a big fan of lots of eyes on me. XD

CDDA9DCC-B14F-4114-976A-0A80F764B387.thumb.png.0795d48869d0e74343241337330573ae.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

its because of the cultural standards enforced by the society, sure people come up with a lot of excuses but in the end they dont hold any meaning. and you cant really go against those standards at least not alone because the whole cultural mindset and infrastructure is built on those values. Yeah you can go and live in the woods and no one would care how much you go against the standards but you wouldnt really be part of the society anymore at that point