Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Episode Starring your Favorite Pony

Moved to Elsewhere

How does this topic work. For this, let's say my favourite is Rarity. The only time I have disliked her is in Sonic Rainboom (which isn't exactly her episode anyway). I absoloutly love that episode though. Does that still count or does it have to be an episode I didn't like because of her? :P

I like all her episodes :s

Also, AJ splashing in water is so damn good.

I think it means worst episodes where she was the lead or co-lead. That was mostly a Rainbow Dash episode.

For me, inspiration Manifestation. Gah, that was hard to watch.

(edited)

Probably "Simple Ways." Yeah, I know, it ain't all that horrible, which probably speaks to the overall quality of Rarity's episodes. But something seems a bit too juvenile for my tastes, and Rarity is painted perhaps a bit too ignorant. Again, it really isn't that bad, though, just sort of not up to Rarity's standards. In fact, it's a pretty alright episode.

I really don't have any business in this thread, do I?

img-2681822-1-1378785502933.gif

Edited by CITRUS KING46

As my favorite character is Spike, the worst episode starring him would have to be Owl's Well That Ends Well. That bird annoys me

I thought I already posted in here. It's probably old hat to say "Rainbow Falls", so I'm just going to put it at "Rainbow Falls". Everyone else already gave good reasons. "Mare-Do-Well" wasn't good either, but it was more for the other 5 characters, not Rainbow Dash.

Probably Magical Mystery Cure. There were just a lot of things I didn't like about it. (nothing to do with Twilight herself)

I also didn't really like Twilight Time, although I would consider that more of a CMC episode.

Agreed.

I don't like Magical Musical Cancer, as I sometimes call it (Worst MLP episode ever) because they put in crappy musical-esque songs, and the plot hardly progresses at all. Plus, it introduced a concept I originally didn't like, Twilicorn. But, season 4 was good enough for it to grow on me, except that episode (and a few other big misses, like Power Ponies). Twilight Time really treated Twilly the wrong way, like a Mary Sue. And quite one, well except I liked the part where she's eating. That was great, seeing Twilight eat like a hog. That was great. But, every other part of the episode treats her like she's perfect. I don't like "perfect", to me it means that something is really not right. Perfect theoretically doesn't exist anyway. Thusly, I have logic behind this thought.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Has Princess Luna ever had a bad episode? Any time she shows up or has her name mentioned it ends up being good.

I'll try next best. Derpy? Hell, Derpy's ORIGINAL part in The Last Roundup made the episode.

Fine, next. Twilight. Ahh! Here we go! Yeah, Twilight Time. No need for me to say why when the list above me hit that one right on the head. Grumble grumble... Screw it! I thought Twilight unsure about being a princess and hated the attention, so let's make her love all the attention and be a super awesome pretty purple princess! Ugh. There, I needed that.

You know what? Let's flip the shit switch and turn up the diahirrea dial! Three's a Crowd! Oh yeah, let's take Twilight and put her through arbitrary royal greetings. Fine, it could be wor... Is that Flash Sentry?.. Wha... Are you serious?! Are they trying to start shit? If they were then they they overdid it a bit! That shit started up, went in gear, and sped off! At least Discord gets a song in this episode, I've been waiting so long to hear him sing!

... I'm out.

Edited by FMStorm

• 2 months later...

I'm between Party of One and A Friend in Deed. One portrays her as mentally unstable to the point that it's kind of unsettling that she was able to perk up as quickly as she did at the end, and the other portrays her as completely ignorant of personal boundaries(though at least that episode has the Smile Song).

Pinkie Pie and Baby Cakes. I don't like Baby Cakes, at all. I'm not a fan of the "baby sitting" plot, and the fact that the Cake twins got as powerful as they did was really stupid, and I wonder how Twilight and Rainbow would react to seeing newborns flying and using magic.

• Brohoof 2

Putting Your Hoof Down for Fluttershy. The way she acted in this episode permanently smeared her reputation with so many fans of the show, and it's the reason why a lot of people hate her. The moral of the episode was fantastic, and if it were done differently, it probably would have been my favorite of the series.

• Brohoof 3

Simple Ways obviously did not exist in the actual canon in the show. It was obviously all just a dream. Those events never happened outside of some weird dream that some character was having. Rarity just had a weird nightmare.

I can't say I have an episode for Pinkie Pie I didn't like. If you put a gun to my head and made me pick it would have to be... Too many pinkie pies cause they had no real way of knowing who the real Pinkie was.

This is an easy one. I love each and every last Applejack episode, but my hands down least favorite is The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. For one thing, I, like most of the fandom, am not even sure if it qualifies as an AJ episode. It lacks the same level of focus on her as the other episodes in her repertoire, and this lack of proper screen time and development for her (I didn't learn anything! I was right all along!) made the episode quite pointless and forgettable, but only compared to the rest of her classics. :smug:

Should the cider episode not count as an AJ episode, I would then choose Somepony to Watch Over Me. While AJ's portrayal is the subject of much criticism here, I take a bigger issue with the episode's awkward pacing and contrivances, though it is hard to deny that Applejack seemed off compared to her usual self. I can't help but feel that this scenario could have gone a lot better had it been more focused upon AJ and AB interactions instead of random battles with mythical creatures.

Well, I'm the kind that mindlessly enjoys everything they see, so I don't really dislike any episodes. If I had to pick one though, I'd have to say The mysterious mare do well. Felt like that episode was there just to make Dash seem like a bitch.

I agree with Foxx's first sentence. I don't really dislike any episodes.

Anyway, the closest answer to the topic question is A Canterlot Wedding. As much as I enjoy it and don't get as angry as others do, You think Twilight would find better proof before accusing the bride of being "evil". :okiedokielokie:

Yeah, I'm such a nice guy, that I don't have the heart to hate on bad episodes as strongly as other viewers. ;)

Edited by WiiGuy2014

How is it that the season that managed one of the best Rarity episodes also had two of the worst? Simple Ways and Inspiration Manifestation are both terrible episodes starring Rarity, but Simple Ways is worse since there Rarity wasn't possessed by some dark magic and driven insane. No, all her insanity was perfectly "legit" in Simple Ways. 

Rarity: Look Before You Sleep. All three characters were out of character. Rarity is not THAT picky, and we know she's not afraid of the rain. Applejack isn't rude.  She is fine with getting her hooves muddy, but she has enough manners to know you shouldn't walk into a friend's house with mud on her hooves. Also, she knows how to respect others. Twilight was just stupid in that episode. I mean it wasn't my least favorite episode, but it was definitely my least favorite episode Rarity starred in. 

My least favorite Rarity episode is probably Inspiration Manifestation - I'm just not that big on dark things and I appreciate the more slice of life episodes of the show, and really, that episode was really disconcerting and dark. Still absolutely loved it and it's one of my favorite episodes of the series, but yeahh - I like all of the other Rarity episodes more :please:

• Brohoof 1