Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First episode you saw

Discordly Cutiepie

First episode I saw was Pinkie Pride. My friend told me Weird Al was in it and after a year of him being a brony I finally watched an episode and the music captivated me, then I watched more and more and got to enjoy everything else about the show :D

"A Friend in Deed". Firstly I've watched some YouTuber react to "Smile HD", I liked remix of Smile song, that lead to me watching the original scene... So when I decided to try watching the show I thought: "Well, Paul, you've already watched a scene from that episode, why not watch it first?"

For me it was the "first MLP animation ever": "Rescue at Midnight Castle" (1984) [G1 "22 minutes TV Special"].  

I watched it in a local theather on Argentina (circa ~1988) in "latin american" spanish {dub not recommended}.

- - - -

Fast Forward to the April´s Fools of 2011 (20110401): New feed from the youtube channel "Sonic F" (abridged version series of "Sonic X"); but instead of a parody of the episode 5, it was the first part of the pilot MLP:FiM_S1E01 (Camaraderie Is Supernatural).

I was already aware there was a "new pony series" going on; (tough I had not watched any clip); so I was happy with the overall good animation and colors.

The "joke" with the Nightmare Moon foreshadowing (extreme zoom to the hourglass), the meta "never ever we will joke about Fluttershy"; the Mayor Mare presenting Celestia as an evil tyrant; plus the "to be continued" make me interested on watching the original two-parter episode [i did it next day after downloaded both episodes].

- - - -

Slice of Life. I had no idea what the fucked was going on, but I loved it!

You got my curiosity. 

Could you give us a better context about how and why you watched it? 

I must be rather unique.

Edited by SilverComet

I was re-introduced back into MLP through a Friendship is Magic part 1 clip I think back in late April of 2011. Technically though the first episode I remotely saw most of was Sonic Rainboomyay

For me it was the "first MLP animation ever": "Rescue at Midnight Castle" (1984) [G1 "22 minutes TV Special"].

I watched it in a local theather on Argentina (circa ~1988) in "latin american" spanish {dub not recommended}.

- - - -

Fast Forward to the April´s Fools of 2011 (20110401): New feed from the youtube channel "Sonic F" (abridged version series of "Sonic X"); but instead of a parody of the episode 5, it was the first part of the pilot MLP:FiM_S1E01 (Camaraderie Is Supernatural).

I was already aware there was a "new pony series" going on; (tough I had not watched any clip); so I was happy with the overall good animation and colors.

The "joke" with the Nightmare Moon foreshadowing (extreme zoom to the hourglass), the meta "never ever we will joke about Fluttershy"; the Mayor Mare presenting Celestia as an evil tyrant; plus the "to be continued" make me interested on watching the original two-parter episode [i did it next day after downloaded both episodes].

- - - -

You got my curiosity.

Could you give us a better context about how and why you watched it?

I must be rather unique.

A friend told me about the show so we watched Slice of Life when it premiered on Saturday. I was really hooked by the writing and pop culture references. But I had no clue what was going on, especially the part with Bon Bon. I was hooked, however, by Gummy's epic monolog.
  • Brohoof 1

The first episode of the first season, I decided one day about a year ago to see what the hype around the show was. So I turned on Netflix, got in bed, and marathon'd the entire series in about two days. I didn't really have any expectations going into it, but I enjoyed it enough to buy some merchandise from a show and around a year later join this place. 

I would say "The Ticket Master" in around 2012, but since I didn't watch it fully (because that was like a year before I became a brony) I'm gonna say "Call of the Cutie" was the first full episode I watched, and since then I've been watching more MLP episodes :)

The first episode i ever saw was the first two episodes from G4.

But at that time i didnt want to start to watch mlp. It was funny, but then i stopped right there because i was unsure if i should watch more.

But then i saw a Dvd Cover from Generation 1.5 and then i started my mlp collection and watched everything from G1 to the second season of G4  :D