Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you switch genders for a day if possible?

Shanks

yes i would for a short time be willing to be a female.... for reasons that if i discussed here would most likely get me banned.

I would not however want to stay female.... for reason if i explained here would most likely get me banned..... You see a pattern here?

The way I live my life, the concept of "gender" has taken a turn for the nil. A biological shift wouldn't make that big of a difference on my life. The only thing left to do is to enjoy seeing the differences as they come.

Do feel free to take this post in the gutter. That's the way I would be taking it too. Everything else has already been said.

It's a risk really, as one can't actually know what it would feel like to be in a body designed of the opposite gender. Theoretically speaking every single shared sensation would feel ever so slightly different, like uncanny valley different, this could either feel alright or really, really bad.

All in all? I'd say probably for a day, but I can guess beforehand that the experience wouldn't be pleasant.

Being a woman for a day would be interesting to say the least. I'm leaning on yes, but wearing women's clothes would take some getting used to. For the second question: absolutely not. I would never want to be a female for a long period of time, being male is something I am perfectly comfortable with.

I'm afraid I'll have to say no.

One of my irrational fears is to be male or compared to one. If anyone calls me male, I get really really angry. I don't mean to offend males. If you're a male, then that's fine with me. The thing is though, I am totally biased towards females. I just prefer females overall. And if I'm honest, I see becoming male as a downgrade. Yeah, I'm real sexist that way. 

Anyway, back to my fear. It's similar to my fear of becoming ugly, old, or fat. I don't want my appearance to become disgusting to me. (Yes, I am aware of how offensive this sounds. Once again, my apologies. I am merely trying to be honest, and I don't begrudge anyone for being male. It's just I really don't want to be one myself.) Whilst I am curious about the sensations males feel, I don't really want to know if I have to fully become a male. Even a day is too much for me. I'd just hide out and feel loads of low self-esteem. I'm sure I'd be a pretty ugly-looking man anyway.

I don't know quite why I feel this way, and I'd like to think about it some more in the future. To examine this intense fear/hatred of being associated with being a male. But for now, that'll have to be my answer.

• Brohoof 2

I'm afraid I'll have to say no.

One of my irrational fears is to be male or compared to one. If anyone calls me male, I get really really angry. I don't mean to offend males. If you're a male, then that's fine with me. The thing is though, I am totally biased towards females. I just prefer females overall. And if I'm honest, I see becoming male as a downgrade. Yeah, I'm real sexist that way. 

Anyway, back to my fear. It's similar to my fear of becoming ugly, old, or fat. I don't want my appearance to become disgusting to me. (Yes, I am aware of how offensive this sounds. Once again, my apologies. I am merely trying to be honest, and I don't begrudge anyone for being male. It's just I really don't want to be one myself.) Whilst I am curious about the sensations males feel, I don't really want to know if I have to fully become a male. Even a day is too much for me. I'd just hide out and feel loads of low self-esteem. I'm sure I'd be a pretty ugly-looking man anyway.

I don't know quite why I feel this way, and I'd like to think about it some more in the future. To examine this intense fear/hatred of being associated with being a male. But for now, that'll have to be my answer.

Consider this a 'like', without having to use the "brohoof" button that I so disagree with. =P

Honestly, I hate to admit it, but I agree with a lot of what you said! I do not think that men are a 'downgrade', necessarily, though. lol.

Anyway, yeah, no... I'd rather not. Not even for a day... I wouldn't be me. There are a lot of ways I'd like to not be me, I guess (hence the username xD), but switching my gender and being a guy just isn't one of them, sorry.

• Brohoof 1

I've always been interested in being female for various personal reasons, but not enough so as to go through the long, arduous, and expensive process of actual reassignment. A day wouldn't be bad for a start, but I don't think I'd mind and instant change that was permanent, either.

love how most of the males here are like "ye why not give it a try" while most of the females are like "not even for a day"

i´m gonna be honest here, as a heterosexual male i would probably just be curious how the "private parts" feel (call me a pervert -.-)

other than that, i ain´t interested in the lifestyle, nor in the clothing style of females.

i don´t see the fun in that.

• Brohoof 1

It's a risk really, as one can't actually know what it would feel like to be in a body designed of the opposite gender. Theoretically speaking every single shared sensation would feel ever so slightly different, like uncanny valley different, this could either feel alright or really, really bad.

All in all? I'd say probably for a day, but I can guess beforehand that the experience wouldn't be pleasant.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about this aspect!  I remember first learning about the uncanny valley from VSauce on YouTube, and it was very interesting.  So, you do make a good point.  But, for this aspect to occur, the implication must be given that your conscience would carry over previous muscle memory from the sex that you were before.  Obviously, the question does not answer whether or not this is the case, since it's just hypothetical.  We can safely assume the question implies that you would still be yourself, in that, you still retain your knowledge, but it does not tell whether or not your conscience would retain the muscle memory that could possibly cause the uncanny valley aspect to occur.

Either way, I still stick by my first answer, with the new revision added that if muscle memory was retained in my conscience, then I'd likely want to switch back [to being the real me; male] much sooner.  Because, the uncanny valley triggers an onset of a whole different emotion, separate from all the rest.  If someone is unfamiliar with the concept, an explanation that I could give would be a compare/contrast to the feeling of Deja Vu.  Except, instead of feeling like the situation you're currently in is one that feels weird due to you thinking that the exact situation has occured (thus causing the Deja Vu, which in a computer-science-y manner I would say to be like an error in continuation similar to recursion [stuck in a loop; limbo]), the uncanny valley would feel like a situation where it's uncomfortable because at the same time it feels real, it feels like something is totally, horribly "off" in that your reality currently feels in some manner totally inconsistent with everything you've experienced previously (computer-science-y explanation: like attempting to simultaneously run two+ instances of a program but trying to make one of the instances a separate version from the rest [which, won't work, causing an error that corrects itself by instead running the current version of the program again, which of course, is not what you wanted to occur]).

Sorry for the convoluted, slightly run-on structure of my explanations.  It's just that, some things are so hard to explain in a simple manner, and thus, I have no other way but to explain it the way I did.

For a different kind of understanding of the uncanny valley, check out this video from VSauce (it's where I first learned about it):

When you think about it, a good portion would do it out of curiosity, The rest just doesn't have that adventurous spirit. Speaking of me in general, I'd switch gender for a couple days, three or four days top, that's my limit, mostly just to see and experience. for SCIENCE! Or so to speak...

• Brohoof 1

I definitely would.  I'm male, and I'm not trans.  I am who I am supposed to be, in other words.  However, in many ways, I've always wished I had been born female.  It's difficult to explain.  It's different than actually feeling like I'm supposed to be female.  I wasn't born with a female brain.  Somehow I just feel like I might be...happier....idk.  Like my personality would make more sense or something.  Maybe it's just because I like feminine things and wish I could wear dresses sometimes.  Maybe it's because I've always wanted to feel...beautiful...  But guys can't be beautiful.  Or at least that's how society makes us feel.  Not sure if that's a very good explanation, but I know there's lots of ponies 'round these parts who get it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, probably. If you know me, you're likely wondering why I just gave a probably; you'd think I'd give an enthuastic yes. Well, the thing is, for as happy as I'd be on that one day, I'd probably feel even worse, having been the person I truly am for a short time, and then being forced to return. I'd still probably do it, though.

I've wondered for like 5 years what it would be like to be a guy.

Like it doesn't seem like it would be different but like I'm sure it would? :huh:

If I was a dude the first thing I would do is pee standing up, and then leave the toilet seat up so any unfortunate girls would fall in. Because it's not fun for the girl, my brother left the seat up once and I was so tired and didn't noticed and fell in. :(