Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you love or hate your parents?

CosmicHooves

Parents  

173 users have voted

1. 1. I...

• love my parents.
    • hate my parents.
    • Other (please explain in the comments)

I can't say that I hate them, but I certainly do not love them  >_>. I dislike them very much  >_>

For me it's quite a long story.

I love both my parents but because they're devices and are always fighting over me its hard to tell who's telling the truth about my past and life in general I love my father very strongly even though in my early years I had lithe interaction with him she to my mother. I met him when I was around 3 or 4 and I've liv d him ever since. ( although I often get lazy when calling him which upsets him ) he's done so much for me despite mom claiming that he's lazy or unintelligent. I know he loves me.

With my mother it

.. Far more complicated to say the least I love her in the sense that she's my mother and she's done a lot for me. But she's also done things to me that were truly horrid. Sometimes I see her as the best mom ever and other times I fear for her mental health it's hard to explain.

I love my mom, even if we disagree on quite a few things. We still get a long fine though and she has helped me through so much...I would pretty much be doomed without her. Also she has some incredible willpower, being able to put up with me is one sign of that.

My dad...I honestly kinda hate him nowadays. Without going into specifics, he has made some pretty bad choices over the past few years and all without any of the rest of my family knowing. That or some of my other family members are involved in his choices. It is not good and because of it, he is not the same person I remember years ago. It is a sad thing but there is nothing I can do now except accept it. I appreciate all that he has done for me in the past but he is making is very difficult to still remember it.

So I love my mom, not so much my dad at this point.

I love my parents even though sometimes they annoy me or drive me crazy, I know they do what they do because they love me and want me to be happy, I would do anything for my parents, they matter to me so much  :wub:

I respect my parents very well. I couldn't have been any more proud of them because they're now grandparents as of last September. Even if I don't get along with my mother sometimes, both of them have been through a lot.

(edited)

I love my mother, but I hate how immature she is, and she tends to also portray me in conversation as some sort of mean person. She seems to have gotten it in her head that I'm against her, and that I don't respect her, and I make fun of her behind her back. I have no idea where this idea came from. She also doesn't seem to understand just how little money I've had given the financial issues we've been having.

For instance; we agreed we wouldn't be celebrating mothers day, on actual mothers day, but waiting till my grandma came to town next week. So actual mother day rolls around, and I thought we'd just spend the day, painting our nails and watching movies like we usually do on mother day, but she didn't want to spend any time together and ignored me all day. I guess my mom was mad about me not making a big hoopla about the whole day, and she's like 'you didn't get me a gift for mothers day' we've had some financial issues, so I don't have much money and we're doing mothers day with my grandma, and I thought she was joking and I jokingly said 'I don't give gifts based on corporate holidays'

Well, today a friend of hers and my mom and I were running errands, and her friends is like "What did you get for mothers day?" and my mom snarked 'A lecture in corporate greed', and proceeds to tell this story that makes me look like a total piece of shit, and I tried to say 'we're having mothers day when grandma comes to visit, and I thought we were going to watch movies and paint our nails, but you locked yourself in your room', but the story she told did make me look like a total shit head. 

It's times like this where I hate my mother.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Antidaeophobia

It's complicated. Me and my mom used to be so close, until I brought home one of my freinds. (they were a lesbian.) Being a homophobe, she wasn't pleased. She now suspects me of being a lesbian. And worst part is, I'm actually pansexual. What a coincidence, right? I've denied having any attraction to other girls, but she doesn't buy it. I want to be close again, but our viewpoints are so different. Every time we talk, homosexuality tends to be brought up, and I can't stand it. I hate lying to her, but being honest could really hurt me.

As for my father, he's practically non-existent. Let's just say he did some really bad things, and my mother wasn't very pleased.

Despite the fact that my dad's girlfriend treats me like a kid (I'm 19 going on 20...) I still love my dad. I also love my mom and she loves getting to see me.

Being the youngest, I'm the most spoiled according to my mom :P

I love my mom, because I'm a lot like her in many ways. I don't know my biological father, but I get along well with the man I know as my father. I haven't always, though, so 'love' is a weird word to use here. My stepdad has been like a second father to me so he means a lot to me, but again I don't know if 'love' is the right word for it.

My mother has been really mean to me many times, she's told me a lot of things that she should never have to her daughter. But she means well most of the time, even if she expresses it all the wrong way. She has done a lot to hurt me, but I still love her. She's been a great mom, despite all her flaws and bad moments she made me go through. She's been singing lullabies for me, played with me, cooked me food, cleaned me up whenever I was sick, taken care of me, bought me pretty clothes, always protected me with her life. I love her to no end.

Dad is great, even though he drinks every night and didn't really take responsibility over me and my sister when we were younger. He always worked, were away, did something else. He's always been someone I can go to when I need to relax, especially when I need a pause from my mother's hectic behaviour. He's always been calm, understanding and a security of mine. I love him to no end as well. 

We've all got our flaws, but as one of my favorite songs says:

"I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do." - "Affirmation", Savage Garden

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My parents are pretty cool and down to earth - they're not really that old, so.

I love them with all my heart.  :wub:

Edited by Guest

Well, how do I start?

Sometimes I do not agree with them, sometimes they do things which absolutely piss me off but I wont ever let that get in the way of me loving them because they are my PARENTS. The only reason I am sitting here typing this is because of them, I would not even exist if it were not for them.

Friends come and go, even the really good ones but you get a lot of friends in life but you only get two parents, so love them and take care of them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm adopted, so I don't know my real parents. But the parents I have now.... I wouldn't trade them for the world! I'd do anything for them. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today.

• Brohoof 2

Even though we have our arguments and we get on each others nerves at times, we always make each other laugh and I really care a lot about my parents. I will always love my parents. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I would do anything to support or help my mom. She is really the kind of mother who taught me everyting I had to know about life, people, how to react in different situation so sum it up she prepared me for life. I like who I am and how I'm thinking, thanks to her. My fater is not a father-kind, he didn't do so much for me but he is my other parent who was here and lived with us so I'm obliged. My uncle was my "2. father" who showed me how to be a man. He is the "cool" type of person and I really liked that kind of sentiment when I was a child. He taught me how to stand up for myself and convinced me to train and do sports. I love them both.

I'm 45.  I had my hard times growing up with a mom/stepdad and separate dad situation, but my parents did their best and certainly could have done worse.  As for half-siblings...I have a brother and sister that my mom had with my step-dad.  I have never introduced them as a half brother/sister.  I grew up with them as much as i did with my full brother and I'm actually closer to my little brother (half sibling) than I am with my older brother (full sibling).  It's good to see in the voting results that there aren't too many haters out there...that is to say, people who hate for legitimate reasons (which is sad) and people who hate for petty reasons (which is also sad, but in a different way)

Well, I have a step father that I hate and I love my mother dearly so I chose other. I hate my step father because he makes fun of me and he doesn't try to spend time with me, my brother, or my sisters so he is just a big waste of my time.

My mother is untrustworthy and money-hungry and my father is argumentative and aggressive. Both have disappointed me in equal measure. Not a lot of good memories there.