Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things that you like about MLP that other Bronies may dislike

CosmicHooves

Am I the only one who finds Cupcakes HD hilarious?
Am I the only one who enjoys reading (well written) grimdark fanfics?
Most Bronies hate these things it seems.

What is one media consumption in this fandom that most Bronies hate, but you either enjoy or find funny?

• Brohoof 1

Clop mention counter: 0 (the word in the beginning of this line does not count)

OT: I don't mind horror-themed fan art as long as it's done well. But I've grown disconnected from the fanbase so I'm not really sure what it loves or hates to begin with. :/

• Brohoof 2

Clop, I guess. Seems more split down the middle on that then a majority dislike, but there you go.

I like a lot of episodes that a ton of bronies seem to hate. Rainbow Falls comes to mind.

• Brohoof 7

What is one media consumption in this fandom that most Bronies hate, but you either enjoy or find funny?

I absolutley love reading the grim and violent fan fictions! I thought that 'Cupcakes' was pretty funny. I also love 'Scarlet Harvest' and 'Ms. Cheerilee's Garden'.

I absolutley love reading the grim and violent fan fictions! I thought that 'Cupcakes' was pretty funny. I also love 'Scarlet Harvest' and 'Ms. Cheerilee's Garden'.

Yikes.

Ms. Cheerilee's Garden was a nasty one. xD

Poor Scootaloo...

Does Flash Sentry count? While I do agree with the Bronies who say he needs character development, I see him as a nice guy whose morals could have been worse. Also, while I do have sort-of-a fictional crush on Twilight, I think they look cute together. As long as Twilight's happy, I'm happy:-)

Clop, I guess. Seems more split down the middle on that then a majority dislike, but there you go.

I like a lot of episodes that a ton of bronies seem to hate. Rainbow Falls comes to mind.

Pretty much this for me as well.  And I find the grimdark stuff to be pretty funny.  I'm not really into it, but I think it's funny when I stumble across it.  I know some folks find stuff like that offensive, but I just don't take it seriously.  I like that stuff like that exists.  Maybe that sounds weird, but I've never been one to stifle the creative process.

When people parody bronies. I tend to be laughing at the jokes alone, while other bronies complain about being mocked and feeling hurt. Bob's Burgers, several YouTube videos, MAD skits, and even talks about a South Park episode (please?) cause most bronies to feel hate. :(

• Brohoof 3

I've always enjoyed the earlier episodes written by Dave Polsky, which a number of other people tend to either be offended by or just outright dislike.  In fact, Feeling Pinkie Keen was my favorite episode for quite a while.  I haven't really cared much for any of his episodes after Keep Calm and Flutter On though (with the exception of Rarity Takes Manehattan).

• Brohoof 1

Smile HD. Not only is it nicely animated, but seeing the ponies getting beaten up is very amusing. Same goes for Cupcakes HD, but I had more of a blast with Smile HD.

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1

I don't necessarily like Smile HD, but I don't get why people get so worked up over it. I just find it hard to take it seriously when it involves pinkie beating her freinds super sayen style. I understand why people would find cupcakes disturbing, but smile HD is just like every other violent video game out there.

I also don't hate flash centry. (please don't kill me! :( )

Well first, clop. I don't like the art of it, but I understand why people would find the ponies attractive. Aspects of them are.

Episodes such as It's about Time, Daring Don't, and Equestria Games. IE, episodes that I feel the fandom blew up way too much on over small reasons that don't really matter.

Pony Creator. As someone who's had fine motor issues his whole life, drawing has always been a hard thing for me to do. So, I just use pony creator. Yeah, it doesn't look as good as actually drawing it but hey I'm working with the material I've got.

• Brohoof 2

I feel exactly the same.  For Cupcakes HD and Smile HD, all I could do is laugh.  I recently started reading Fallout Equestria and in three chapters I had been disturbed, shocked and heartbroken.  I FREAKIN LOVE IT.

Sombra.

A normal Unicorn who became a demigod force of nature, controlled the whole Crystal Empire with only his own magic, never monologued or got overconfident (*cough*Chrysalis*cough*), and nearly won a hate/fear-filled Equestria with his precautions alone.

And yet Bronies keep calling him "unoriginal" and things like that.

• Brohoof 4

I feel exactly the same.  For Cupcakes HD and Smile HD, all I could do is laugh.  I recently started reading Fallout Equestria and in three chapters I had been disturbed, shocked and heartbroken.  I FREAKIN LOVE IT.

Smile HD is good.

Cupcakes HD... less so.

Sombra.

A normal Unicorn who became a demigod force of nature, controlled the whole Crystal Empire with only his own magic, never monologued or got overconfident (*cough*Chrysalis*cough*), and nearly won a hate/fear-filled Equestria with his precautions alone.

And yet Bronies keep calling him "unoriginal" and things like that.

It isn't that he's unoriginal, he doesn't get enough attention/screentime for him to BE original/developed.

He just needed more screentime.

• Brohoof 1

I'm also neutral on Flash Sentry.

I 50% think he's a decent guy, but I also 50% think he's quite flat (and a waifu thief).

I still think he's in a sort of Sombra-ish state, with not getting enough screentime.

And it's less him than the fact that there's a romantic interest thrown in in the first place.

Edited by Ayaze