Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things about yourself you'd NEVER admit to your friends or family

CosmicHooves

On 11/2/2014 at 5:45 PM, Snow Frostflame said:

I only admit something if asked I will never lie if someone asks a question about me

Still true to this day, though I feel I'm not as transparent as you use to be. Some of my friends asked me if I was a brony, and I panicked and didn't answer them the way you would of. I guess that is just one of the things I have a hard time admitting... that and me being bi... only my sister knows I'm bi. My parents asked if I was gay, and I lied with the truth by saying no.

• 4 weeks later...

There are things that I can't tell to my friends or family but could mention on the internet, but there are also things that no one should ever know about me if they want to keep seeing me in the same light.

Things I can't tell my family: being gay and being overly worried about my health all the time.
Things I can't tell do in front of my friends: cry. Me and my friends constantly chat about lots of things that can be considered too much information so there actually aren't many things I couldn't tell them. Nothing comes to mind.

Things I can't tell my family: That Twilight is my waifu~ (My last waifu~ was Rarity and no-one understood why I had a crush on a pony), About 99% of my dreams (just don't ask about them), some of my free time

• Brohoof 1

Plenty of things, let's make a list shall we

1. I'm a atheist

2. I have zero intention of getting into the "family business"

3. I still have a grudge on a certain someone from my family

And 4. I'm a brony 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Being a closet Brony, I keep that to myself. I don't want to tell anyone that I like MLP which is clearly meant for little girls. And now when G4 is over, and we will get another G4 series, being an official Brony means you have to defend yourself even more. It is good to not have to defend what you are all the time, to your family and friends.

If I were to show my IRL friend this:

Spoiler

... And explain to him why I am a Brony, I am about 90% sure he would not be my friend any more. It is that simple.... Liking MLP in 2020 officially, and being an older guy, will not be very easy.

I am a proud closet brony!

• Brohoof 2

Well, I wouldn't be able to post anything here if I were going to count my BF for this. So I won't.

• My gender identity. Nobody even needs to know, it's rather easy to hide... Though I certainly hope nobody finds any non-binary pride pins or socks laying around when I get around to getting those... :sealed: Though they probably don't know the colors, so it's no biggie, right? :awwthanks:My sexuality is way out of the bag now, and I pretty much am openly gay at this point not only online but IRL so I don't have to worry about that. B)
  • That I have some smut on my computer, and that it's been a regrettable part of my life for a while now...
  • Obviously, those things I do with my boyfriend. That's between the two of us. ;)
Edited by Angel_Dust

Still that I'm an atheist and irreligious. A number of friends do know confidentially. Most people and my whole family do not know. My family are Christian and it would hurt them if they found out that I don't believe and thus won't (by their beliefs) join them in Heaven in the afterlife. I feel that would either create an awkward rift or would just make my parents really depressed, and I don't see any reason for that.

Fortunately for me, while my parents are Christian, they don't really attend church, so there is no pressure on me to attend church, which would be something that would bother me. They're also very liberal, so there just isn't much of any room for conflict between us. The only thing that worries me is when the Methodist church (the church we're still officially registered at from like 15 years ago when we did attend) voted against LGBT acceptance my mom showed immediate interest in dropping our membership because of me (which is a great thing!) and moving on to another church (that's the bad thing). She knows of two progressive churches that she has interest in. However, nothing has come of this interest, and the pressure to attend church remains just as non-existent.

It's just if that move does happen, then there might be pressure on me. *sigh* I appreciate the acceptance of me and leaving a bad church, but really I don't want to have to go to church, so I hope the pressure to attend remains low to non-existent.