Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel you aren't the age you really are?

Overdrive

In some aspects, literally all the time. While I think I am intelligent enough to match my age and all that, I still have a lot of child-like qualities that haven't changed. One example of many is I get really excited when I am really looking forward to something like a new video game. I've always been like and it hasn't changed, even if my other issues can get in the way. It is very difficult to describe in words overall, talking with me in person would give a more clear picture. I am kind of a mental clusterf*ck so that could explain it. :P

Mhmm. I feel like I'm about two years behind where I should be. I'm 20, almost 21, and I still feel like I act like a teenager. :P

It's not horribly bad, but it's really noticeable sometimes. Mostly when people make really immature jokes. I laugh at them all the time.

I do not feel 19. Not being in high school anymore feels weird.

like i'm supposed to be an adult now and i've got no clue wtf an interest rate is

I'm not really sure how I'm meant to feel at the age of 20 but I definitely don't feel like an adult. I still view myself as being like 16 and often feel like that's how others view me.

I mean, I guess? I feel like myself, I don't really know what it means to feel younger or older.

I'm a 30-something who's been mistaken for a 20-something on sight.  But the funny thing is...sometimes, I feel like I'm a kid on the inside, albeit one who's responsible enough to pay his bills and who's held down a good job for 13 years.  I guess I feel that way because...well, I've accepted that I'll never be fully in control of a situation, and I've never really forgotten how to have fun.

I don't feel my age at all. I feel like I'm in my forties. This is due to varying factors, though mostly it's my plethora of health issues as well as the body pains I get. It doesn't make me feel any better when people assume that I'm way older than what I actually am.

Edited by Cash In

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

I'm a 30-something who's been mistaken for a 20-something on sight.  But the funny thing is...sometimes, I feel like I'm a kid on the inside, albeit one who's responsible enough to pay his bills and who's held down a good job for 13 years.  I guess I feel that way because...well, I've accepted that I'll never be fully in control of a situation, and I've never really forgotten how to have fun.

Good to keep in touch with your inner child. If I haven't grown up by now, I am probably not going to :)

• Brohoof 2

I feel that I'm my own age. It's just that people I meet are older or younger in comparison. I don't think that's uncommon.

Well...I'm tired all of the time, my body hurts, I'm forgetful, I rarely leave the house, and I constantly complain about millennial culture. My body is in its twenties, but my soul is in its eighties.

"Damned millennials. They're ruining everything! Oh, wait...I'm a millennial!"

Spoiler

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

10 hours ago, Kings&Hooves14 said:

Well...I'm tired all of the time, my body hurts, I'm forgetful, I rarely leave the house, and I constantly complain about millennial culture. My body is in its twenties, but my soul is in its eighties.

"Damned millennials. They're ruining everything! Oh, wait...I'm a millennial!"

Fair enough. I need to get me a Lawn so I can tell them to get off it...

I like MLP, I make silly music around colorful ponies. I don’t like grown up things when I’m not working. I’m ageless, and can’t really say how old I’am on the inside. It depends on the situation of course. I’m mature enough to care for me and others, and that’s most important for me. I have friends spanning the whole human life span. Of course I don’t act like a teen when not appropriate, but I do happily jump into an roller coaster when others in my age back out. We need more Pinkie Pie moments to enjoy life :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm 25 already and I feel like I'm nowhere near prepared for adulthood. I've been living the same life since I moved here 9 years ago and I feel like wanting to move back to where I grew up since I don't believe anything will change unless I do something about it not to mention I feel more happier there.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, 碇 シンジン said:

Feels like the years just passing by these days more quickly than before

You know, even when I was in, like 5th grade, I noticed that time was moving faster the older I got.

I've worked for 13 years, and that feels shorter than the 8 years I was in grade school.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 29, but mentally I feel like a teenager. I can act responsibly when I need to, but I prefer not to. I still live in imagination every bit as much as when I was a teenager, too. My taste in TV shows is definitely that of a kid, though. Animated shows are much more fun than real life ones, and every show I watch needs some kind of supernatural element in it to hold my attention.