Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

My favorite pokemon is Aegislash, mainly because when I was playing through Pokemon Y I caught a Honedge and evolved him all the way to an Aegislash. It ended up becoming the most useful member on my team as well as becoming my favorite pokemon.

Also it's literally a sword and a shield in one.

post-34384-0-01944300-1441460942.jpg

What's not to like?

• Brohoof 1

I'm just way too lazy for that stuff, it seems boring to me. Same goes for intensive breeding and shit to get a combat-ready Pokémon. Not keen on spending several hours just for one Pokémon that's good enough to use in a competitve battle. Meh.

this is exactly how I feel. The Pokedex in all my games , except X, goes unfinished, because too much hassle. Same with IV breeding and EV training. I've done it for a select few (like for the Pikachu cup, and some of my more favorite Pokemon, even if they'll never be used competitively), but it's a real pain to do.

this is exactly how I feel. The Pokedex in all my games , except X, goes unfinished, because too much hassle. Same with IV breeding and EV training. I've done it for a select few (like for the Pikachu cup, and some of my more favorite Pokemon, even if they'll never be used competitively), but it's a real pain to do.

I've always found a way around that by using cheats which brings down the work necessary to about 1 hour per Pokémon which is still some time but it's bearable and worth it. 

My favorite pokemon is Aegislash, mainly because when I was playing through Pokemon Y I caught a Honedge and evolved him all the way to an Aegislash. It ended up becoming the most useful member on my team as well as becoming my favorite pokemon.

Also it's literally a sword and a shield in one.

attachicon.gifimages.duckduckgo.com.jpg

What's not to like?

what's not to like? For me, it's that eye on it. Kinda unsettling.....

I'm thinking of getting new Pokemon to use instead of most of my current non-EV trained pokemon with bad natures.

I'll maybe get a Krookodile, a Magnezone, and a Arcanine.

I still didn't decide what is the next one that I'm going to get.

I already got 2 good Pokemon now, btw.

Edited by Caleb Urn

1. Which region you'd you be in? You can make up a region if you wish.

Unova!

2. Which gym?

The last one, of course;) or maybe the seventh one. Just so long as I'm pretty powerful XD :)

3. What would your gym look like?

Like a labyrinth. Quite sinister, with shadows everywhere. The way you'd get to get to me would be trying to head through the right door. You'd have to battle trainers if you went through the wrong door (which isn't really a bad thing I guess). Each trainer gives you a hint as to which door to take next time though, but it's very subtle. There would be a picture of a Dark Type Pokemon above every door, and the hints would be describing the right Pokemon vaguely.

4. What would you look like?

I would wear anything too fancy. My hair would be dark blue and I'd be wearing a black cloak. I'd wear a small silver jewel I my hair and as a necklace.

5. What Items would you carry? (the minimum item amount is two)

Many Full Restores, assorted berries, leftovers. Mainly regular stuff.

6. What’s your gym type?

Dark Type.

7. What is your gym about? (what does it represent?)

Shadows, mystery, a little spooky.

8. Any traps, gizmos, gadgets, doohicky’s, riddles or giant walls of bug slime that the challenging trainer would have to work around?

The doors I mentioned earlier. There would be three lots of five doors Also, the vague hints as to what Pokemon to pick.

9. What’s your team and respective levels? (include second challenge) (list movesets if you want)

Zweilous (43)

Pawniard (41)

Weavile (41)

Zoroark (41)

10. How many subsequent trainers would be present?

Nine.

11. What badge and TM would you give out?

Shadow Badge, Night Slash.

12. What would your lines be? (greeting, halfway beaten, last pokemon, defeat, re-challenge)

"I see you made it this far. I don't doubt this will be a serious battle. But I won't take it easy, and I hope you won't either."

"You're good. Let's see if you can win this battle!"

"Okay... Not bad. But I'm not giving up, not yet!"

"Congratulations. You and your Pokemon did extremely well. You deserve the honour of owning this gym badge. The next step is the Pokemon Legue!"

"You again! You've grown stronger. So have I. Let's see who's Pokemon come out on top this round."

13. For no particular reason, when would the trainer have to call you to challenge you a second time?

I'm not sure, really. I wouldn't mind :)

I'm just way too lazy for that stuff, it seems boring to me. Same goes for intensive breeding and shit to get a combat-ready Pokémon. Not keen on spending several hours just for one Pokémon that's good enough to use in a competitve battle. Meh.

With how often the metagame changed with every little development when I used to do competitive and the general attitude of the people I used to do it against I'm glad I quit it altogether.

I think I decided that I'll use Haxorus instead of my Altaria.

Haxorus is the best dragon type.

I've always been a fan of fire-type Pokemon. I'm kind of generic like that I suppose, but it really drives the art side of me. Imagining the embers from the flames of a Rapidash, the strength of a HUGE Charizard, the heat and the brightness of a Moltres... It's enchanting, really.

Moltres has always been a personal favorite of mine.

I love Ninetails too, and Espeon.

The night and day is always cool, for Espeon and Umbreon.

Just came here to say hi as a Gardevoir :)

• Brohoof 1

Well, I would change my stuff if I had known about it earlier. I don't spend as much time on this forum as I used to... I'd probably be a Porygon-Z if I wasn't too lazy to change it then change it back tomorrow. The day's almost over anyways.

Happy Pokemon Day everyone!!

When did you become a fan?:

I became a fan when I was seven years old. I was introduced to the cards by some boys I was friends with.

What do you like most about the series?:

Collecting all the interesting creatures and getting attached to them.

Everyone can catch a Pikachu, but that one you caught in Viridian Forest is YOURS.

Who is your favourite Pokémon?:

Ninetales!! <333

Who is your favourite human character?:

Hmm... I'm not sure. Misty is funny, Silver is fascinating, and Steven is a bad@$$...

I can't really pick a fave.

What is your favourite game?: Do you like anything outside the games? (i.e., anime, manga, TCG, etc.):

Favorite game MIGHT be Pokemon X Version, but it only barely beats out the original Crystal. I have LOT of nostalgia for Crystal version. I used to watch the anime (stopped after like season 4). I have like 700 different cards I've collected over the years. Most of them are from the original packs. I also have a few plushies and I like to draw pokemon as well.

Try this challenge on for size: creating a living dex. Every single pokemon of every evolution stored in the PC in numerical order.

At least completing the Dex is worthwhile now. The Shiny charm is a legitimate reward, certainly worth the effort. 1/512 chance for a Shiny egg? Yes please.

Edit: dammit, I was looking at the wrong page.

Edited by Wubtavia

Wow. This thread is all over the place with the topic. I'm not sure what to address.

So in case you think I'm here 'cause of Pokemon day, that's wrong. Actually, I've been a fan of the series for a very long time. But I tend to have shifts of interest in and out of it. My interest in it happened to flare up when Pokemon day was a thing. Coincidence, how weird.

Firstly, self-centered things nobody else really cares about nor responds to:

When I became a fan: I can't remember the exact date or even how or when or why. I became a fan when I stumbled across the original anime, I presume. I think it was in the late 90's/early 2000's. But my first games were Gen II rather than Gen I, so that's where my nostalgia is.

What I like most about the series: The designs of all the Pokemon, and the template of neatly organized information. I always get excited during a new generation to see what the latest Pokemon look like, and can't help myself. Also, Pokemon's template allows for a lot of creatively whilst remaining consistent and organized. For instance, typing, evolution method, egg group, etc. It's probably one of the most consistent and organized series I've ever seen.

Favorite Pokemon: Before Generation VI, it was Growlithe/Arcanine. In my childhood, it was Vulpix. Generation VI hits and I encounter the most amazing Pokemon I've ever seen. Braixen. Its design is a creative mishmash of things that I like. Witches, foxes, and femininity. It is a Fire-type, but also has Psychic traits. And it is warm colors plus white. Also, the stick is a nice and adorable touch. I love how Braixen NEED their sticks for their own emotional welfare.

Favorite human character: I never pay the humans very much mind. To me, they're just kind of... there. But I guess my favorite is Courtney from ORAS. I have a thing for robotic, emotionless characters that are female.

Favorite game: Black. Whilst I prefer the latest generation due to its features and aesthetics, (3D models are something I've wanted in a main series Pokemon game for a VERY long time) there is no denying that Gen V has the best story in a Pokemon game in my opinion. Also, so many great designs. And the music. I love the music. It just makes me feel really refreshed and happy. A nice change of pace.

Things I like outside the games: I can tolerate the anime, but otherwise, no. I don't really care about that external media. Except for plushies and figures.

On-topic: I'm trying to complete the Pokedex now. Never tried it before because it was a lot harder in the earlier generations. But with all these nifty Wi-Fi features and the huge amount of Pokemon catchable in just X/Y alone, it is something I find to be a possibility. It's actually really fun. Funner than battling. (And I do have all of those event legendaries too. I hacked them into my Black a while ago. Some are legitimate though. But those are really the only thing I consider to be not worth it.)

I'm kinda lazy when it comes to completing the Pokedex. EV training Pokemon is already a pain in the ass to me, even with Super Training.

With horde battles, EV training is literally the easiest it has ever been. [(1)EV + (4)Power Item] x (2)Pokerus  x 5 Pokemon = 50 EVs per battle.

These newer games are definitely far easier in terms of breeding and raising a competitive team.

Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 1

Still haven't gotten around to finishing Alpha Sapphire. I've become more distracted by one of the fan made games again! I don't think Hoenn was ever high on my list of favorite places anyway. Though I must say I really do dig Mauville City's redesign... bar one thing:

Orasw297.png

:(

Still haven't gotten around to finishing Alpha Sapphire. I've become more distracted by one of the fan made games again! I don't think Hoenn was ever high on my list of favorite places anyway. Though I must say I really do dig Mauville City's redesign... bar one thing:

sig-4071266.Orasw297.png

Yep, it's sad.

Also, while playing Pokemon Crystal, the egg that I got from the daycare hatched into a goddamn Shiny Igglybuff.

I'm not sure if I should be happy for getting a shiny or disappointed for getting a shitty Pokemon.

sig-4071266.Orasw297.png

Man, I loved the Game Corner when I was a kid. So sad the EU killed it.

@,

I liked the Game Corner a lot when I was a kid, but now, especially in Heartgold and Soulsilver, it's too much of a hassle. Seriously, it took me hours to get the required coins to get a Dratini (I wanted a Dragonite badly...) on Voltrob Flip. 

Edited by Shift

Omg, guys....I have, for the first time in Pokemon's 19 year history, COMPLETED THE ENTIRE NATIONAL POKEDEX! 718 pokemon!

What an exhausting task! But I did it!

*double fist pump*

Whew!

Whoo! Well done! It was no easy task getting all the Pokemon in the Johto region.

• Brohoof 1