Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What are somethings that you love that everyone else hates

MilesW1998

The one thing that I super super love is One Direction. No one seems to like it! Especially here! I get it if people say the boys used to be childish and immature. But c'mon! They are humans! They grow up. And THEY ARE NOT GAY. 

I love One Direction, but everybody is like "Eww, they're gay", but they are not.

Haha! Finally I found a 1D fan! Me super happy! ^^ *does 'Irish' jig* ;)

Another thing I love and no one else does is MLP G3. Some people mix the G3.5 with the original G3. I do have a clearer, better explanation near the end of my profile.

LOL, this fandom. Everything about MLP:FiM. I have one, I repeat ONE, friend that I managed to convert to bronyism. (Yes, thank you, thank you.) But that's it. Everyone else I know hates the show and tells me to grow up. But I'm just like

sig-4195591.mlfw2375-45236_-_image_macro

None of my friends want to be bronies. However, I recently found out that one of them already was  :sunbutt:

Destiny: After like 1 and a haft year of this game there still hate on it. Complaining that the story saw little to nothing, the truth that most of its is in Grimoire cards (Lore cards) locked away until meet Specific requirements and visit the Bungie website. But the game is more to offer, 6 players Raids, PvP events, a variety of different weapons and gear, and endless Replayability.

• 4 weeks later...

Being alone. I know a lot of people like staying inside or keeping a close group of friends, but I don't even really care about that. I enjoy my solitude and I enjoy my thoughts. That's all there is to it.

Season 6. Every other fan in existence hates it as far as I'm concerned.

Not everyone. I actually like it so far. The best episodes so far are The Gauntlet Of Fire, A Hearth's Warming Tale, and Flutter Brutter. The worst episode is Newbie Dash

I would not say that I love it, but mass effects 3 ending. Sure it could have been better but honestly I didn't mind it. The fandom though WAY overreacted, so much hate...

There are modern day rap songs that are actually good, but you just need to look for them. It's not all the "money, bitches, drugs" crap that everyone says modern day rap is. While a ton of the mainstream songs are trash, the art-form is still alive and well in different places. 

(edited)

Metal music, I can't listen to it when my sisters are around otherwise they whine that it's too brutal sounding and harsh.  It's like they forget that metal isn't the only genre I enjoy.

Sonic Boom, everyone seems to hate it, but I found the 3DS version to be super fun.

And speaking of which, Sonic Boom's version of Knuckles.  Rad Red is great, and while it is quite sad that he's been getting more flanderized in the main games, his Boom version is actually quite endearing.  Fans seem to forget that Sonic Boom is an alternate universe, this isn't a new version of the main games, Knuckles is hilarious in the cartoon.  C'mon, give the guy a chance!

Edited by greenflare

The movie Click.

I know, it's a modern Adam Sandler movie, but I really enjoyed it myself!

The WoW expansion Mists of Pandaria.

It gets a lot of flak for obvious reasons, and people didn't like Blizzard trying something different. It had some cool additions, unlike WoD, which was just awful.

• Brohoof 1

There are modern day rap songs that are actually good, but you just need to look for them. It's not all the "money, bitches, drugs" crap that everyone says modern day rap is. While a ton of the mainstream songs are trash, the art-form is still alive and well in different places. 

For me the best rappers are Kendrick Lamar, B.o.B, and Eminem. (Obviously)

I dislike Drake, 2 Chainz, and, Lil Wayne.

I like the 1998 remake of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I find it endearing and cute despite the corny writing, weak songs, and bargain-basement Chinese animation, and I believe most of the hate is because of nostalgia for the 1964 TV version. It sets up a much more adventurous and cinematic atmosphere than the original, cuts most (but not all) of the unnecessary characters, and thankfully replaces the original's notoriously jerky and perfectionist Santa with a kindly and family-oriented John Goodman-voiced version. Too many people forget the original had flaws. In all truth, however, I feel that neither is a sufficient enough adaptation of the original story, but cute sells.

I'd also list the 2000 MGM animated Tom Sawyer. Another case of "cute sells", and the common thread between this and Rudolph is the same character designer, Phil Mendez. Although the country singers they got to voice these characters sound a bit too old for their parts, the songs are amazing and I think some of the animation is pretty well-done for a late-90s/early-2000s direct-to-video job.

I'd list Rock-a-Doodle, a product of Don Bluth's decline, as a guilty pleasure favorite for me. The animation is gorgeous and was well worth the view despite the ridiculous plot and annoying supporting characters.