Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you experienced any bullying for being a brony?

Ed Lyons

Have you been bullied or have had people be mean to you for being a brony? I would like to hear. As it affected your views on the show? Did you stop watching it for a while? Share your story.

My younger brother teased me about it, but I don't care about his opinion. Told a couple of my friends and they were a little surprised but they seemed cool with it. There's no way I'm telling anyone else though (unless they ask me directly about it)

• Brohoof 1

My father makes a few small jabs at me every now and then, but they aren't really too mean-spirited. Most everybody at college seems to either ignore it (aside from those few that mention they like my Mane6 shirt or something :P ).

• Brohoof 1

Never bullied, but the most extreme thing that happened was I got into a fight.

I would love to say I hwhooped a**, but I didn't. . . I did loose with dignity though.

And to be honest I had no chance of winning: I was fighting my Sensei.

My father makes a few small jabs at me every now and then, but they aren't really too mean-spirited. Most everybody at college seems to either ignore it (aside from those few that mention they like my Mane6 shirt or something :P ).

Easily my favorite aspect of college

I've kept reasonably quiet about it, as in, like, I browse places like MLPForums in full view of anyone passing by, but I don't bring up the subject anywhere unless asked (in which case the other person brough it up, anyways), and so far the most anyone really cared was a girl a number of years younger than me saying it "destroys the brain" or something. Naturally I sent her off on her presumably intended way without much argument other than a "Yeah, that's what your mother says".

In summary, the answer from me would be 'No'.

Edited by AstroSnail

When you get into college all that goes away. After all there is a lot of weird people in college anyway. 

High school is like some dumb assembly line where everyone has to conform into a mold of some kind that already has a big following.

Edited by cider float

If cyberbullying is included, then yes. I've been constantly called "bronyfag," "ponyfag" and what ever other brony hate term there is on Youtube and other sites/online games just because I have "brony" in my username or have an MLP profile icon or something. It gets annoying real fast.

I've only ever been told that I was too old for MLP when I was in 6th grade.  Other than that, my less-than-open way of showing it has put me under the radar.  Put me next to my friend who would sing about her brony-ness into a MLP-themed megaphone while wearing a Rainbow Dash costume and you'd think I'm a closet brony at best or sick and tired of it at worst.

Nope. Just some teenagers squealing "DERPY!! <3" from a distance when they saw her on my bag.

And this guy behind the counter at the sandwich shop asking me how I liked the Season 5 Premiere when I walked in with my Mane 6 Shirt on.

Entirely positive.

I've told virtually no one at my school, so not yet, but I'm worried about what will happen if I'm open. I'd probably be honest if asked, but I'd be very nervous when/if that day comes. The people in my area are fairly close-minded, and have been assholes, especially on my bus and at my lunch table. But I've gotten passed the bus by listening to music, the lunch table I still can't get passed.

Yes I've been bullied at college and by my mom for being a brony; however, I don't worry about what other people think I should or shouldn't do because ultimately its my life and only I can know whats best for me. I don't know about you but I live America and I have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and watching my little pony friendship is magic makes me happy and if someone else has a problem with that fact then to bad for them.

Edited by Emerald Meteor
  • Brohoof 2

I've only told close family (well, rather they found out) and 1 friend. So I don't get IRL bullied. But there have been some internet comments that seem to take a pick at the fandom but it's easy to ignore them

I only keep that stuff to myself usually. Everything is on my phone and I don't want to get in other people's ways so I don't let them see it.

But, I'm not going to risk it. Getting a friend at my high school is like completely changing your personality.

There was this one guy who has this huge white SUV and he parks at this one area at the PERFECT timing of when I'm walking home. No matter how early or late I leave the school. And he's kind of bad at it too since he leaves his tire on the curb. Which can give theories that he may not seem to care about a lot of things but I shouldn't be assuming things.

He was yelling at someone down the hill about lamborghinis or something then I walked by the corner of the school, which has a crosswalk to the neighborhood.

Of course he was right there, waiting for me to cross. I would expect him to have the patience to just not do anything extreme. But then all the sudden I just heard a loud obnoxious VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM out of nowhere and he just drove way over the speed limit down a narrow driveway and there was another car somewhere honking. Everyone saw the car drift down the side of the school. I wonder if it was just simply me walking that aggravated him.

Now I imagine myself wearing a shirt that said "BRONY" with rainbow dash or something on it. I would feel that would definitely aggravate someone like him, how he doesn't prefer to be wasting his time over a person who doesn't deserve that dedication of focus or contemplation because that person is wearing a my little pony shirt.

Edited by FlootahBaby
  • Brohoof 1