Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first view on Bronies

n00bUltima

Honestly? I didn't understand it at first, liking a show like MLP:FiM, but I didn't really hold it against them. After all, I was one of those guys that still liked cartoons and such into his 20s. I'm not gonna pick on somebody just because they liked some kids show, when I did the same thing!

Well, at first my sister said something about how she was doing research on them as some sort of group for her one class, and she talked about how it was so weird. I kind of was like, "Yeah, I guess that is weird." Then two years later I found myself deciding to watch it and that's when it took off XD

It wasn't anything new, I could definitely see men in ther mid 20's to early 30's turning an innocent children's show into some radical movement and continuing to say it's the best show ever!

I guess I was like "Woah those guys are going all in", but ummmm... Then again some bronies are more into it than others. I try to accept every brony just as they are nowadays. No matter their preference.

I discoered it when, by chance, I come across Smile HD, then I watched cupcake HD, i finded those videos very funny and din't understand that tere was a fandom behind. Then the next day, I go to school and find that he was a brony, he explains me what's the fandom and make me watch season 2 episode, so my first view on bronies was that  they are really passionate about the show with how my friends describe it before I get into

"Okay"

I've heard of stranger things than adults enjoying a cartoon, was no different to me than an adult watching Adventure Time or Pokemon.

Yup!

I assumed that bronies just kinda branched out of the anime fandom.

Then again, I used to view the anime fans as the stereotypical basement-dwelling fedora tippers, so... uh...   :please:

• Brohoof 1

I kinda saw the trailer for Equestria Girls while I was watching the Lorax. And then a bunch of guys from the audience started cheering and clapping and I'm just like 'wtf'. After that my curiosity got the best of me and I went and watched the first episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

When I first heard of men liking MLP, I was a little confused. I thought it was the old cartoon, I didn't know there was a new, different one. I didn't give it much thought other than that, as I think people should be able to enjoy whatever they like. Later I heard a lot about how FIM was actually a funny, great cartoon but wasn't personally interested yet for some reason. Later, as I heard more about the fandom, my respect for bronies grew more and more, though I wasn't one myself at that point. I hate how cartoons are considered just kids' stuff by a lot of people, and bronies were challenging that by openly showing their passion for a cartoon. This (along with the stress and boredom I was going through) eventually led to me giving ponies a chance. And I give all the credit for me discovering the show to other bronies, as I doubt I'd have watched it otherwise. Thank you! :)

• Brohoof 1

I though that it was odd, weird and I simply didn't care. The Internet proved me a point because well... you can't believe everything on the internet so the Brony hype was treated as such. This was in 2012. 

Just out of curiosity, I relooked into it later on and it all sort of fell into place. 

I joined the fandom RIGHT after I heard about it, even though I didn't even know if I'd like the show or not. I tend to enjoy weird things.

(edited)

lol funny story I was more of a type that's was like how is this a thing why is this a thing it was kinda a thing me and friends would joke about over 

and look where I am now I wonder what my friends would think if I told them   ^_^

Edited by DatBronyGuy