Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Sun and Moon Confirmed

Moved to Elsewhere

I'm just loving the reasoning behind Alolan Raichu, all the Alolan forms have nice little backstories as to why it is their forms changed and Raichu's is just, nobody knows, maybe he ate too many pancakes. It's like they drew Alolan Raichu and were so blown away by what they had created that they couldn't think straight enough to come up with a reason for their design choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I WOULD get it if I had a 3ds....I wish these types of games could be ported onto the DSi XL or something...

The DS line was outdated like five and a half years ago, and it was well overdue for that to happen before then.

I suppose you don't have the money for a 3DS. I understand... but it's still silly to even begin to expect them to cater to a system which is history.

I hope they allow you to choose what gyms to do and then scale up the trainer, Pokemon, and gym leader levels from there. Maybe like make the 1st and 2nd gyms fixed but then send the trainer off freely. 

Just don't be a Hoenn 2.0.

I hope they allow you to choose what gyms to do and then scale up the trainer, Pokemon, and gym leader levels from there. Maybe like make the 1st and 2nd gyms fixed but then send the trainer off freely. 

Just don't be a Hoenn 2.0.

Apparently they are changing it a bit, so that there might not even be gyms but have something else in their place (trials or something like that)

Know what I just realized? A lot of these Aloha forms are stage 1 Pokemon, but there's no confirmed stage two Aloha forms. Does that mean if you evolve Aloha Meowth and Rattata, it'll evolve into a regular Persian and Raticate respectively? Vulpix and Sandshrew have Aloha evolutions and the rest are evolved forms like Marowak. 

So, if you preorder you get a bonus Snorlax with a super move? I wonder what--

full.gif

... Holy... that's like breaking one of the seals of the end times right there.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Know what I just realized? A lot of these Aloha forms are stage 1 Pokemon, but there's no confirmed stage two Aloha forms. Does that mean if you evolve Aloha Meowth and Rattata, it'll evolve into a regular Persian and Rticake respectively? Vulpix and Sandshrew have Aloha evolutions and the rest are evolved forms like Marowak. 

So, if you preorder you get a bonus Snorlax with a super move? I wonder what--

full.gif

... Holy... that's like breaking one of the seals of the end times right there.

Aloha Raticate has been confirmed by Rattata's bio on the Serebii page.

This was probably one of the least exciting reveals for Sun/Moon. And I hate to say it, but it just seems perfect for Nintendo Directs since Nintendo Directs just aren't very good these days. Its par for the course.

Dark Rattata had been so widely speculated that it just isn't any kind of surprise. And then on top of showing another Generation I Alola Form, they give a special Z move to another generation I Pokemon.

I love most of these Alola forms, but I can't take much more of this generation I pandering. It's like a bad joke at this point. You don't celebrate 20 years of Pokemon with only the originals, which have already been remade and have already been pandered to in the past. It makes me sad.

Not liking the Generation I bias here, BUT I am liking the choicings and typings sooo much that I don't even know where to start. Fire/Ghost Marowak is truthfully incredible. I'm sad that they left Cubone alone and didn't give it a fire typing or something. Electric/Psychic Raichu is also pretty cool. I can't get too excited though because I've used Raichu and Psychic types so much.

Fire/Ghost is not new BTW, the Chandelure line had it first (well, it's Ghost/Fire, but it's the same thing).  :P  

Though I wish they show more Gen 4 things, there haven't been a lot of Gen 4 attention recently. And a bit of Gen 5, too. 

Fire/Ghost is not new BTW, the Chandelure line had it first (well, it's Ghost/Fire, but it's the same thing).  :P  

Though I wish they show more Gen 4 things, there haven't been a lot of Gen 4 attention recently. And a bit of Gen 5, too. 

I never was fond of the the Chandelure line aside from Litwick which is really cute. So Alolan Marowak is a new typing for me.

I never was fond of the the Chandelure line aside from Litwick which is really cute. So Alolan Marowak is a new typing for me.

Chandelure is one of my favorite Pokemon, though. Not only is it cute (and if you read its information creepy), but it's one of the best Special wallbreakers or even sweepers stat wise, which makes it a solid competitive pick in Pokemon. 

Hopefully it can be the first type combo of the physical side. Wondering how well it'll do in Trick Room setup? That if it slow as snails xD

The current Marowak is rather slow and has mediocre Special defense, and at the same time it's weak to types which generally favor special attacks more (Water and Ice). Therefore it's usually taken down by special attackers or other Pokemon who know Trick or Knock Off (both are used very frequently in the competitive sphere); without its Thick Club Marowak is much weaker. 

Though it's not like it's extremely weak either. If you invest more onto Marowak's attack and do Swords Dance + Thick Club + Earthquake, it's basically a OHKO to anything it isn't weak against...though you might need better Defense too, or it'll get defeated way too quickly. 

People like using Donphan more; it's tankier and stronger, can use Rapid Spin, and it has Sturdy and a lot more item choices. Trying to get Marowak to become an attacker is just too much work for not much gain, sadly. 

Alola Marowak could be better though, thankfully due to its typing. It still has issues with special attacking or bulky Water types and added with Ghost types, but at least the Dark, Ground, and Rock types tend to favor Attack more and Alola Marowak can tank it more readily. 

This was probably one of the least exciting reveals for Sun/Moon. And I hate to say it, but it just seems perfect for Nintendo Directs since Nintendo Directs just aren't very good these days. Its par for the course.

Dark Rattata had been so widely speculated that it just isn't any kind of surprise. And then on top of showing another Generation I Alola Form, they give a special Z move to another generation I Pokemon.

I love most of these Alola forms, but I can't take much more of this generation I pandering. It's like a bad joke at this point. You don't celebrate 20 years of Pokemon with only the originals, which have already been remade and have already been pandered to in the past. It makes me sad.

. Especially when there are certain Pokémon who have typings that definitely do not make sense like Stunfisk who really should be at least part water and an Alolan form could fix this kind of problem.

. Especially when there are certain Pokémon who have typings that definitely do not make sense like Stunfisk who really should be at least part water and an Alolan form could fix this kind of problem.

Actually, Stunfisk don't live in the water, but they do live near the shores. They bury themselves below the sand and attack unexpected prey by attacking them. Which means it's much more often a Stunfisk would be on muddy or sandy land than be on water. There were also issues with type distribution on Gen V as there were way too many water types that were building up from Gen IV and III, so they needed a few Pokemon to balance it out. The Tynamo line isn't also water-type, either, and there's much less justification for them since the Tynamo line literally lives in the water. 

There's several more Pokemon that are strangely typed as well, especially ones previous to Gen III where certain types were rather small and there were a disproportionate amount of Water, Poison, Bug, and Normal types. 

Chandelure is one of my favorite Pokemon, though. Not only is it cute (and if you read its information creepy), but it's one of the best Special wallbreakers or even sweepers stat wise, which makes it a solid competitive pick in Pokemon.

You're speaking in a foreign language there. I couldn't even possibly care less about competitive Pokemon.

I don't find Chandelure 'cute', so I don't understand. But you're free to find cute whatever you find cute. I just think that Chandelure looks very weird. I don't like where the line went after Litwick.

Here's a question, when they say

"Here's a special gift for purchasing early"

Then they show Munchlax, do they mean a preorder bonus? Or is it just buying the game when it's released rather than years later? 

Here's a question, when they say

"Here's a special gift for purchasing early"

Then they show Munchlax, do they mean a preorder bonus? Or is it just buying the game when it's released rather than years later? 

It's available during the release until Jan 11th.

That makes more sense, I was afraid GameFreak was going down the route I've seen a lot of studios go down lately with pre-order bonuses. 

I wonder if they'll do Alolan Arcanine, what does everyone think?

• Brohoof 1

That makes more sense, I was afraid GameFreak was going down the route I've seen a lot of studios go down lately with pre-order bonuses. 

I think that's what everyone wants. Me personally, Alohan Dragonite. Or hell, Alohan Johto Starters. Give them a chance to shine!

That's pretty much already been ruled out. I remember reading that Arcanine showed up on the Japanese site already, in original form.