Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Sun and Moon Confirmed

Moved to Elsewhere

That makes more sense, I was afraid GameFreak was going down the route I've seen a lot of studios go down lately with pre-order bonuses. 

I wonder if they'll do Alolan Arcanine, what does everyone think?

Arcanine is already a very solid Pokemon, from what I see they seem to be focusing on Pokemon that have mostly fell behind most others. Exeggutor, Sandslash, Ninetales, Marowak, and Raichu are not particularly strong and fall behind stat wise. Arcanine is a solid sweeper and its defense and special defense are good for its role...and it has a great movepool. Most Alolan Pokemon in their regular form can't really compare.

That's pretty much already been ruled out. I remember reading that Arcanine showed up on the Japanese site already, in original form.

True, this is very true. I was just thinking there might be a small chance that it might have one. Or I just want to see a Mermaid Arcanine, probably that. 

Arcanine is already a very solid Pokemon, from what I see they seem to be focusing on Pokemon that have mostly fell behind most others. Exeggutor, Sandslash, Ninetales, Marowak, and Raichu are not particularly strong and fall behind stat wise. Arcanine is a solid sweeper and its defense and special defense are good for its role...and it has a great movepool. Most Alolan Pokemon in their regular form can't really compare.

I know, but there's always room for fun variations in the Pokemon world. Arcanine is a sweeper in lower tiers so maybe just seeing a type variation would be nice, I'd be curious to see what Arcanine would be like as a water type Pokemon. 

I have a wishlist to see Magnemite line gets an Alolan form. Same for Staryu line and Tentacool. I guess I'll have to sit back and see any future news on who's going get the form before the game release

• Brohoof 2

Seeing the new trailer, I really like the new things we got. I like Rattata's new design and typing of normal and dark. It's pretty interesting how some Pokemon have their own unique z-moves. I especially love Snorlax and Alolan Raichu's new moves. All in all, it was a pretty good trailer and I look forward to seeing what the game has in store for us next. :)

That's pretty much already been ruled out. I remember reading that Arcanine showed up on the Japanese site already, in original form.

With the existence of Alolan Raticate, Alolan Growlithe line is easily plausible.

That new trailer more than made up for the lacklustre Direct info from earlier in the week. So much more hyped for SM than ever before.

So, picking apart this newest trailer...

- Both newly revealed Pokemon look wicked, through why didn't they give the first one's name? Unless it's name is Type: Null.

- Aloha Raticate looks ugly.

- So the games take place in different day cycles? That could be interesting, though if certain Pokemon are unavailable until certain times it might become even more of a hassle.

- Aether feels like it'll turn out to be a Team Plasma expy to me. Like how in Ruby/Sapphire, they had Magma and Aqua, here they'll be Aether and Skull, both bad but for different reasons. Skull are unabashed criminals, while Aether are supposed Well Intentioned Extremists

- .With a classification like UB-01, I'm thinking these guys are either artificial like Porygon and Genesect, or outright aliens. 

• Brohoof 1

So, picking apart this newest trailer...

- Both newly revealed Pokemon look wicked, through why didn't they give the first one's name? Unless it's name is Type: Null.

Type: Null probably is its name; another manmade Pokemon perhaps, or a resurrected one added with science.

Type: Null probably is its name; another manmade Pokemon perhaps, or a resurrected one added with science.

A quick look at the official Sun and Moon website reveals that, indeed, not only is Type: Null its name, but its classification is literally "Synthetic Pokemon.", created to try and adapt to any situation. The mask it's wearing is a power dampener, that's so heavy it speed is pathetic. 

Calling it now: the dragon, Jangmo-o is the Pseudo Legendary of this generation. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

This new trailer was pretty impressive. I'm very interested in UB-01. There's a rumour that says UB-01 and Lillie are the same. I don't know if it's true of false, but certainly they look pretty same

170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png

ub01.JPG

Also, the official page says it moves like a young girl, so maybe UB-01 and Lillie are the same. 

This new trailer was pretty impressive. I'm very interested in UB-01. There's a rumour that says UB-01 and Lillie are the same. I don't know if it's true of false, but certainly they look pretty same

170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png

ub01.JPG

Also, the official page says it moves like a young girl, so maybe UB-01 and Lillie are the same. 

It was revealed that something living resides in Lillie's bag there...

• Brohoof 1

It was revealed that something living resides in Lillie's bag there...

We don't know what is it. We will have to wait to the release to check if it's true or false. 

Edited by jorge123esp

With the existence of Alolan Raticate, Alolan Growlithe line is easily plausible.

Not at all. Raticate was never shown prior to the revealing that it has an Alolan form. Whereas Arcanine was added to the Japanese Sun/Moon site's Pokedex without an Alola form. Recently, may I add.

While I'm not saying that there's a 100% chance there will not be an Alolan Growlithe line, I am saying that it is 99.9% confirmed, and you're only fooling yourself to think otherwise. Putting Arcanine on the website was the best way they could possibly reveal that there is no Alola Growlithe/Arcanine.

While the new info is good and all, I don't feel too excited other than the two new pokemon that shown first. I'm more interested what that "Type:Null" is about from the first pokemon shown

Rockruff can evolve into two different forms by being evolved during the day or night. By which game you own.

sig-4666971.lugarugan.jpgsig-4666971.lugarugan2.jpg

So I really like the Sun/daylight one (on the left, kind of obvious!) So glad we get a nice more normal wolf, instead of just the werewolf.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

So... Pikachu's Z-Move is to turn into a Blitzball? And that Eevee move was... kinda lame. Don't get me wrong, the build up to it was amazing and had me jumping in my seat, but I was expecting some epic attack rather than "All stats sharply rose." I guess it could still be useful, especially as a Baton Passer.

Monkeys! One's a sage, one's a football player. Neat. 

So... Pikachu's Z-Move is to turn into a Blitzball? And that Eevee move was... kinda lame. Don't get me wrong, the build up to it was amazing and had me jumping in my seat, but I was expecting some epic attack rather than "All stats sharply rose." I guess it could still be useful, especially as a Baton Passer.

Eevee's move reminded me of Sailor Moon, and also like the Elements of Harmony. 

And the Moon version gorilla I am definitely going to name it King Louie. 

That can be competitively useful in LC. With that Z-move paired with Eviolite he can be a big threat in the LC group. 

Version-exclusive Pokemon trailer:

Connsidering I chose Pokemon Sun, I am so happy that it's coming out with the designs of version-exclusive that I just happen to love. Good luck on my side, eh? 

The designs for this generation's Pokemon have been hit or miss for me. I either like them or I don't for one reason or another. 

• 4 weeks later...