Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feeling satisfied with season 6 so far?

TBlaze

So far this season has been above average for me. The premier was kinda flunky and not up to par with previous two-parters, but the individual episodes themselves have been so far entertaining and I've had little bad to say about any of them. It's been interesting to see much more emphasis on individual character plots so far rather than a focus on the Mane 6, which is fine in my opinion since I think their story as a whole has already reached its climax. Same with the CMC now they have their Cutie marks. It'll be nice to see them now start to tie up ends with their individual selves such as Rainbow's acceptance into the Wonderbolts and such. Plus, we finally had a half-decent Spike centered episode! :D

So yes, I'm feeling satisfied with this season so far. Not quite to the levels of last season around this time, but it's early days yet. :)

Well, I have mixed feelings about the season.

All of the episodes (so far) focused on my least favourite characters and that's a bit off-putting. I'm hoping to see more AJ and RD (Maybe some pegasi relatives of Fluttershy and RD as well, that would be nice.)

On the other hand, I liked how most of the episodes took place outside of Ponyville and how the Explore Equestria theme seems to be working quite well.

Well, I have mixed feelings about the season.

All of the episodes (so far) focused on my least favourite characters and that's a bit off-putting. I'm hoping to see more AJ and RD (Maybe some pegasi relatives of Fluttershy and RD as well, that would be nice.)

On the other hand, I liked how most of the episodes took place outside of Ponyville and how the Explore Equestria theme seems to be working quite well.

Be prepared for less episodes involving the other Mane six this season IMO. We have starlight introduced and that means they're going to have to "steal" episodes from other characters to give them to her: the season's the same length of time as previous seasons, so her episodes have to come from somewhere.

We have two confirmed starlight episodes already before even the halfway point of the season (No second prances and a hearth's warming tale), the premier revolved around her heavily, and we're probably going to get another starlight episode or two parter in the second half of the season to shill her. Then we have to have episodes for Discord, spike and luna as well. Probably Cadence or Celestia too.

I'm expecting only one focus episode for Rarity, RD, AJ, Pinkie and Fluttershy this season a piece-- all other roles will be secondary support like rarity in the gift of maud pie. (which, on that note, is the only "focus" episode I expect for pinkie this season).

Well, the premiere was a little underwhelming by it's standards, but it was an overall good 2 parter. Gift for Maud Pie was good, but it has a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth for being the day were ..... something tragic happened. On your marks was OK, and Gauntlet of Fiyah was the best so far. I'm pretty satisfied at the moment, compared to S5 where most episodes weren't outstanding up to shortly before half a season. What concerns me is that I've expected more "Traveling Equestria" theme, and so far, the Dragon Land and culture is the most new thing, as the Crystal Empiyah and Manehattan are already known. Man, I want to know where my freaking bat horses are at  :dry:

Cons:

1. I feel like we're lacking RD, AJ, and Flutters. I Know RD and AJ are confirmed for episodes, and I have no idea when Flutter Brutter is. We're really lacking most of the Mane Six this season, and it feels kinda weird.

2. Haven't seen much Starlight, but we got two episodes of her coming up. ;)

3. Apple Bloom was pretty much the center of attention in the CMC episode, and I wanna see a little more Sweetie Belle and Scoots.

4. Rarity is kinda being overused.

Pros:

1. The royal sisters are seen more.

2. Spike is not being treated like a punching bag anymore and is finally becoming the character I've always wanted!

3. CMC development!

4. Loved the premiere!

5. Pinkie and Rarity episode!

6. We MIGHT have Trixie coming back next episode, and one of the photos on MLP's Facebook shows the probability of Babs coming back!

7. Rainbow finally becomes Wonderbolt!

8. TWO more Spike episodes coming!

This season MIGHT be able to beat season 4 as my favorite season! :D We'll see though. It's still kinda early to judge.

The past 5 episodes have been very enjoyable, imo.

"On Your Marks" did a great job of addressing concerns I had about the CMC going forward.

"Gauntlet of Fire" was just awesome-and it introduced Ember, who I think is very cool.

As far as hopes for the rest of the season, it would be nice to see Fluttershy and Scootaloo both get an episode centered around them, individually.

I'm fairly satisfied with season 6 so far. The two-parter was a little off-putting with the baby pony not adding much to the show. I'm still unsure of what Starlight has to offer in the season but that will change given some of the upcoming episodes will include her in a prominent role. The recent episode was a step up from the previous Spike-centred episodes and I'm happy he doesn't play the idiot, and there's a bit of exploration on the side.

I've always liked the slice-of-life types of episodes where there is more room to flesh out a character and maybe even explore a bit of Equestria. The two-part openers usually end up being uninteresting and it was the same for season 6's.  For now, The Gift of Maud Pie and Gauntlet of Fire are my favorites of this season. 

It's a bit early, but I have to say that I really like what I have seen thus far. Of course I have yet to see a standout episode, but that isn't something that I readily look for in this series. What I like is the general execution, and that has been stellar up to this point. The Spike and CMC episodes in particular have been great in that regard.

So yeah; loving it. :)

• Brohoof 1

The season opener had me very concerned because it just wasn't much of a premiere episode. Since then, though, things have taken a great upswing. The Maud episode was great (most episodes with Maud in them are), On Your Marks was pretty good (sorta bland but it wasn't bad in any way) and the Gauntlet of Fire was excellent, especially for a Spike episode. Gauntlet of Fire has me feeling very confident that the show is still not quite fading into a Spongebob/Simpsons-esque malaise.

The opener was Baby Cakes only bigger & better.  Gauntlet of Fire is what Dragon Quest wanted to be but wasn't.  Slow start but they haven't jumped the shark -yet.

If they are bringing stuff back, maybe they'll return the friendship report book.

Edited by sweetolebob18

Not quite as good as Season 5 yet, but I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. Usually I scream "BEST SEASON EVER" as soon as it stars, but this one is taking a bit to get there for me. The upcoming episodes sound interesting though. Overall, I just have to give it time.

I regretfully have to rank the season 6 premiere as the weakest season premiere thus far, or at least tied with The Crystal Empireas the worst premiere, but it does have its good points. The regular episodes thus far however, have mostly exceeded my expectations. Well, On Your Marks just met them, but the others exceeded my expectations.

We got a fun character centered episode in Gift of the Maud Pie that isn't particularly substantial but does have some great character moments, and I'm all for episodes that just take a step back and just let us enjoy the characters. On Your Marks is 50% what I was expecting, and 20% all over the place, but 30% above and beyond thanks to that one character moment with Applebloom where she realizes that what defined her friendship with Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo in the past might not be what defines it going forward, and maybe she and her friends will drift apart a little. Her friends help her work through it, but it's something that many adolescents go through as part of growing up. The Gauntlet of Fire is a good Spike episode, which rarely ever happens, and it expands on the lore of dragons to boot. I like episodes that expand on the lore of the series. Plus, female dragons. It's about time they're acknowledged.

My one criticism so far: when are we getting a Fluttershy episode? AJ and RD are confirmed for upcoming episodes, but what about Fluttershy?

Not at all for now. The two first episodes were, in my opinion, awful, and the CMC episode was annoying as death and so is the gauntlet of fire(I can't remember seeing any gauntlets in the episode). Maybe the maud episode lighted up a bit my thinkings.

actually I can say I'm impressed so far since I initially thought it was not going to be that good :/ but the episode I've seen so far have been great and I'm looking forward to seeing more

Thus far its been great. It seems that at least the first half of the episodes this season (judging from the synopses for future eps and naturally discounting the season opener and gauntlet of fire) suggest a more uniform slice-of-life -kind of theme, which might rub people more used to adventure plots the wrong way. Still plenty of room for those kinds of plots later in the season, though.

(I can't remember seeing any gauntlets in the episode)

As something of a language nerd, I feel the need to point out that the word gauntlet can also refer to a challenge or ordeal of some kind, which the race for scepter rather was.

Let's see...

I was first rather unimpressed with The Crystalling, but after a few rewatches, it's actually pretty good. Love Starlight and Sunburst, especially Sunburst. He's adorkable. Seriously, he needs more art. Flurry Heart is probably the least interesting part though... sorry fo being one of those, but her design creeps me out. I'm liking the more subdued premires. The Crystal Empire is still the best one for me, though.

The Gift of the Maud Pie is great. Awesome Pinkie and Rarity characterization. Maud is great. Pinkie's character is expanded, which is always welcome in my book, and don't forget the RariPie

I kinda love On Our Marks, probably because i'm more enthusiastic towards Applebloom than most people. Absolutely loved that song. Plus, like Crusaders of the Lost Mark and Bloom & Gloom, it used ideas that i've wanted to see for a long time.

Gauntlet of Fire is pretty good. It has some clunky dialogue and... very unsubtle writing. I guess that the fact that it's a good Spike episode (and that it has Ember for the shippers to go wild over) and the more adventure setting winned over the fans. I still like Equestria Games and Secret of my Excess more though. Please don't kill me for that.

Wow... that's a wall of text. For those who don't like reading, the anwser is yes. Season is good.

• Brohoof 1