Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feeling satisfied with season 6 so far?

TBlaze

Before the season 6 aired, there were many voices (a little of mine, too) saying that they are worried about it because of some good writers leaving the show. How do you feel about this season so far? Besides ep.1&2 (which weren't THAT bad, they were pretty good), we got 3 episodes which really  pleased me. Maud episode was really fun, CMC dealt with the job problem really well, and Gauntlet of Fire was one REALLY GOOD SPIKE EPISODE. Didn't see that coming. Do you think that the season will keep up the good work? And do you really think that it was good work?

The 5 episodes so far have been pretty good, but 3 straight episodes without an appearance of AJ, Fluttershy or RD is really annoying

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 6

So far I am at least somewhat satisfied with season 6.

While it is way too early to see how it compares to other seasons, I have had at least some fun with so far.

My favorite episodes of this stretch would be Gauntlet of Fire and Gift of the Maud Pie.

I am hoping the rest of the season can be good as well.

Haven't really gotten to the major stand out moments or episodes that I truly love yet, but we will eventually get there.

Season 5 has taught me that.

• Brohoof 1

I will say so far, it's really not that bad, however I'm not entirely ecstatic about it. For me, it's starting to feel less MLP now, just a little bit, but then that's kind of how I felt about Season 5; Lost that touch a bit for me. Of course I gather these new seasons are more directed towards Bronies now, but still, there's a certain vibe it's lacking now, at least that's my opinion on it.

The recent episode, "Gauntlet of Fire" almost felt like a brand new show to me; Not exactly how I remember MLP. I wouldn't say I'm too bothered about the actual episodes, I mostly just love the world and characters, so I wouldn't mind if we just had one single season. But I still value the course of the series for that extra enjoyment of MLP:FiM.

Like I've said, it's not bad. My main concern is the lost vibe; Not sure how to explain what I mean, but it does feel different now.

Edited by Lightning Dash

So far I'm liking it, especially episodes 3 and 4 (I have yet to watch 5). The CMC episode was moving, and the Maud episode was just overall great. I found the first couple of episodes a little cluttered - too much seemed to be happening in too little a time. I hope they keep it up, and I'm hoping for some AJ and Babs Seed at some point, we need them!

• Brohoof 1

No. No I am not.

Its not Season 3 bad, but its a definite step down from Season 4 and even Season 5.
The two parter was a mediocre start to the season (And I put ALOT of stock in the two parters), and while Gauntlet of fire and the gift of maud pie were both good episodes, they weren't "Great" episodes, and on your marks was a TERRIBLY mediocre episode.

So far this season is crashing straight into "Meh" territory and that's not a good thing. Just because its not "Bad' isn't enough, mediocrity isn't success either. As such, its a HUGE step down in my book from S4 and a step down from S5 as well.

• Brohoof 1

I mean...it could be better.....I am still to watch the spike episode...it looks pretty interesting, so hopefully that episode changes my opinion on the current season.

• Brohoof 1

It is already superior to seasons 3 and 4.

Also, the first couple of episodes make me think it could be competitive with season 1 and 2 for the top spot.  

but to be clear, I feel like I'm the target audience!  So relational, so much character development!

I'll reserve full judgement until it is complete though.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have the thrill I felt when I began to watch season 5, but that’s an unfair comparison. The premier was just okay in my book. The episodes after that so far... are okay.

I don't like trying to gauge my interest so early, AGAIN. But it's just that in season 5, I watched almost all episodes with a smile plastered on my face. Something's missing. I don't know what, but it is.

Yesterday's episode is so far the only one that I really enjoyed.

It's still very early to tell, but judging on the trends in the first few episodes, this is shaping up to be the most character-driven season yet.

There aren't any overarching plotlines, but what we do see is a big emphasis on character development as well as some of the best new characters we've gotten in a while. It's an improvement over the mostly stereotypical new characters that were introduced in Season 5 (Yaks, Hooffields and McColts, Svengallop).

We haven't seen any really innovative premises in the episodes yet, but then again many of the episodes, even good ones like "Pinkie Pride", use common stock kids' show plots. What matters in that case is style and execution.

With less focus on the Mane 6 and more emphasis on secondary characters, the market of ideas is wide open now. We've gone from having done pretty much everything you possibly could do with these characters to giving them new challenges to overcome and new allies with whom to face them.

Overall, prospects for Season 6 are high right now. I see better things coming out of it. The only thing that could bring it down IMO is if too many episodes play it too safe with stock plots, or don't contribute to the show's lore and continuity enough.

• Brohoof 4

No.

So far i liked it more than season five. It's second worst season.

Ten episodes revealed and no trace of even a Fluttershy collab with any pony, after all episodes with Fluttershy in season 5 kinda sucked. That is disillusioning.

It's good that Celestia hasn't been totally ruined yet. Well, season is young.

Opinion of best reviewer: :P

Such a fool. He would totally sell out, if he'd make reviews of all the episodes lol

I don't agree at all with On your marks, but i like his view on Maud.

Edited by Swifty

the season opener left me on the fence it was so mediocre but the episodes after it where good enough to restore my faith in MLP for now but its still kinda early on to say if season 6 was any good, they can still drop the ball and with that said we still need a main 6 episode

Season 6 has been really strange according to me. First we got the crystalling, Which, according to me, is the worst season start / end. Then we got the rest of the episodes and, honestly, they've all wowed me with the quality of the episodes and how good the stories are. And we've gotten plenty of new ships ;).

So far, I'm enjoying the season a lot. We got to see Celestia and Luna defend the Crystal Empire and then help restore the Crystal Heart alongside Cadance, Shining Armor, Twilight, Starlight, and Sunburst, and now got to see them again so soon afterwards with when they are spending some quality time with Twilight before Rarity arrives with Spike to seek Twilight's help.

Plus, Celestia did show concern over allowing Twilight and Rarity to accompany Spike to the Dragon Lands due to how dangerous they are, but once she and Luna learn that Spike has made a powerful new ally in Ember and the dragons, that will make them feel much better knowing that with the dragons on their side, Equestria is a lot safer than before.

I can't wait to see what the rest of this season has to offer since we have a couple more Starlight-centered episodes coming up, a Rainbow Dash one, an Applejack one, maybe we'll even get an episode focused on the Alicorn Princesses for once, especially Celestia and Luna!!! I can't wait!!!

I'm not satisfied. I still have seen the best episode yet... Characterization in this season so far is good. Spike gets a good episode, I hope they still keep that trend.

Until i see the first A++++ episode in this season, I wont be sastisfied

• Brohoof 1

I say all the episodes were alright. I wasn't really suprised with anything yet, but at least none of the episodes were horrible.

I'm not satisfied. I still have seen the best episode yet... Characterization in this season so far is good. Spike gets a good episode, I hope they still keep that trend.

Until i see the first A++++ episode in this season, I wont be sastisfied

I agree. Most of the episodes were solid, but nothing exceptional.

I am feeling quite satisfied honestly. While the premiere was a tad iffy in spots, to me it was far better than season 5's premiere and after that, the episodes so far have been very enjoyable. We even got a good Spike episode, which that to me shows that the writers might be figuring out how to make him work in certain situations where he was shaky in the past. 

One issue I have is how Starlight has gotten no real development past the premiere, which she barely got any there either. I want to see a bit more of that since she still is too mysterious to me. Also, baby was introduced. Baby be seen no more. At least, so far.

Definitely feeling good about this season so far though. 

• Brohoof 1

The opening was a bit clunky in a few parts when jumping between the super baby pony and odd couple at times in the flow but the other eps have been pretty smooth and very light hear ted from the message to the side jokes.  Also throwing in a good rounded Spike ep was a good idea to maybe start pushing him than just a joke and how also he also seemed to really be friends with Glimmer and helped her out.   "The Gift of Maude Pie"   had a lot of good interactions with the Pie Sisters and Rarity  which is always nice to see in just hoping that don't do that damn mid-season shut down.

I am moderately satisfied. The episodes thus far have been ranging from okay to good, but nothing spectacular. But since it is only the beginning, it has a lot of time to get it right. It's too soon to praise or condemn the season just yet. I'm just waiting to see what the writers have in store. ^^