Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about FUNKO discontinuing ponies?

ManaMinori

Funko has dropped production on their mlp vinyl pony line. No more full sized vinyls, or pocket pops, POPS! mystery mini's. How does this make you guys feel? Did you collect the Funko ponies? Have a favorite? Been waiting for a certain pony to get made?

A petition has been started, but slow to get signatures, unfortunately. It's up to the bronies to save the pony FUNKO figures, since no one else will! Please SIGN the petition, and SHARE it on social media, pony forums, anywhere and everywhere! https://www.change.org/p/funko-bring-back-the-funko-my-little-pony-vinyl-collectible-line

Let's make a difference and get the pony FUNKO's brought back!

• Brohoof 3

if they can make their money talk when pony is in a pinch, it should

Right but they are not selling, my local hot topic has had them forever and they keep going on sale.

The truth is 2000 people is not that many to a huge company like them. and 888 is even less. If people really did care about these things, then they should of bought them, apparently they did not.

• Brohoof 2

The Rainbow Dash Funko and Funko POP! figures both occupy my Rainbow Dashrine, and the Funko Daring Do figure is on its way.  The only other figure I'd want to own is the Funko Scootaloo.  For the time being, People can still find the figures on the likes of Amazon, Hot Topic, and eBay.

When I found out about this I immediately got Dr Hooves and Daring Do figures. I've never been one to buy a lot of pony merch, but I've always had an eye on the funko figures.

I don't think that a petition would work. Companies don't normally listen to petitions, and a lack of sales may not be the only reason they are discontinuing the mlp figures. Either way, 2000 people is not enough to convince a big company like funko. Even if there is a market for these, funko obviously has decided it is not worth their resources.

• Brohoof 2

Ugh... They were never available in my country and ordering them online was far too expensive for me...

Now I'll never get a chance to buy any of them, I bet the prices will go up once the line discontinues.  :(

Well, I don't collect toys so I couldn't care less about this.

Also, I doubt that the petition will do anything. 2000 people isn't really enough to continue making them.

I was never interested in them and i think 2000 people isn't nearly enough for Hasbro to care about that.

I am not even sure 20000 people would be enough.

• Brohoof 2

It's too bad, I always liked these figures for their sculpting and show accuracy. I have the entire collection and I'm pretty happy with all the characters they made. I was only hoping we could get a Starlight Glimmer :( oh well.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

That's unfortunate that we'll never have Cheerilee and had Cheese Sandwich and Maud as two of the last ones, two I didn't even want really. Oh well. I think it was a good line of figures. Oh, and what happened to Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis? Were they cancelled? 

Edited by Silver Letter

That's unfortunate that we'll never have Cheerilee and had Cheese Sandwich and Maud as two of the last ones, two I didn't even want really. Oh well. I think it was a good line of figures. Oh, and what happened to Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis? Were they cancelled? 

unfortunately, they were. Durn shame, too.
  • Brohoof 1

I have 4

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, and Spitfire

I think it's a bummer they dropped it

They were very show accurate.

The only pony I wish they could have made, was Soarin

Petition? Man, SALES are the real petition, not names on a list.

Names on a list mean nothing, as they aren't money. Money and sales? that's basically names on a list except with MONEY flowing into their coffers.

Just goes to show, the Brony ride and FIM meme is done for: in the past these things would sell because FIM was still a meme and the brony fandom was still huge and rolling with momentum. Now, the meme's dead and these things aren't huge and celebrated like they were in the past (OH CRAP?! Did you see?! They're making stuff for BRONIES! we matter! Lets all go out and buy them and talk about them!).

The comic's sales have crashed as bronies stopped caring, Funko toys no longer sell, and Brony merch just isn't going like it used to. The only stuff that sells now is stuff that the target audience Likes BUT that bronies might also purchase, like the minis or collection line of toys (Like flim and flam, ect.)

• Brohoof 1