Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many seasons do you think there will be?

-Deleted-

How many seasons of MLP do you think there will be? Do you think there will be any more seasons after the movie? 

I personally think that there will be at least a few more seasons after the movie. I'm thinking maybe up to season 10-12.

I say the show should end when we get at least some of our questions answered that we've been asking for a long time. For example: I don't want the show to end without seeing the Manehattan CMCs, knowing who the current leader of Griffonstone is, Spike's origins, seeing the Equestria's allies do something, meeting Scorpan, seeing Lightning Dust and Wind Rider return, a Celestia episode, seeing the Cake babies grow up a little bit, seeing Zecora's homeland, and the CMCs helping an adult blank flank get their cutie mark.

I dunno if all of that is going to happen, but some I'd like to see more than others - I can live without the Griffonstone one, the adult blank flank one, and Zecora's homeland.

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

It may depend on the reception of the movie. If it is successful, they could want to make more season to create a background for the sequel.

Also, if the merch sells well, there is a solid chance that we’ll have new seasons. But I think there will no more than 8 or 9. Really, there isn’t that much room for main characters development. Unless they all are turned into alicorns.

If Pokemon can last 20+ years, why not My Little Pony?

Well, MLP already was made in 1982. Other than that, Pokemon is an adventure anime, meaning you can just throw random new adventure plots at people, while you expect some development in MLP, since it is quite a slice of life cartoon (yes, even if there are ponies involved)

If Pokemon can last 20+ years, why not My Little Pony?

Right! Friendship is Magic can last for decades. As long as Hasbro makes money off it

Well, MLP already was made in 1982. Other than that, Pokemon is an adventure anime, meaning you can just throw random new adventure plots at people, while you expect some development in MLP, since it is quite a slice of life cartoon (yes, even if there are ponies involved)

I think he meant Friendship is Magic

I don't care anyway. S7 and Movie for me, and I'm out. 

Besides, aside the fact the S6 finale alone killed my love for the show of about the 60%, I don't think I need something else from this show anymore. Every main characters got their signature episode, even most of the secondary ones, and the final achievments planned since the S1 have all been reached. Right now, the only thing missing to consider this show 100% complete is a Celestia episode. But even if the S7 wouldn't bring it, I'm out of here anyway after the Movie. I don't want to risk to see my heroes Peached again just to see an episode centered on Sunbutt.

Edited by Sly

At this point, my answer would just be "who knows?". Given how quickly they announced that there would be a season 7, I feel like they're stretching out the series as far as it will go, and will keep the show going as long as it's popular. 

At this point, my answer would just be "who knows?". Given how quickly they announced that there would be a season 7, I feel like they're stretching out the series as far as it will go, and will keep the show going as long as it's popular. 

and making Hasbro money, as long as they are making money with FiM, the show is not going anywhere

I think we will get at least 8... after that who knows? Personally as long as the show continues to be good and continues to explore the world of Equestra, they can keep going as long as they want to and I will still be on board.

• Brohoof 1

Since it was said back in 2014 that there would be ponies for the next five years after that time (don't really remember exactly, my memory is rather dry about that statement.) it's safe to assume there will be a handful of seasons after the movie before the show goes with a bang, but in all honestly, most of the characters plots and possibilities are getting wrapped up alright, even if we got some more world building, that'd be unlikely, given the show's main focus is on its characters and the way they grow up with each new experience, and you don't always need adventures for that.

Edited by Dino-Mario

More than 7 seasons. They make money off of it, it makes for good publicity, they're apparently trying to expand its universe/audience and contrarily to what some are saying, there is so much more to tell a single season alone will be nowhere near enough to do it. Especially now that the changelings have evolved and Starlight happened. Add to this the other races, unexplored lore, loose ties and whatnot and you'll get why I'm saying one season just won't cut it.

I'm trusting the MLP staff to keep on delivering quality for several years to come at the very least. :)

• Brohoof 1

but in all honestly, most of the characters plots and possibilities are getting wrapped up alright, even if we got some more world building, that'd be unlikely, given the show's main focus is on its characters and the way they grow up with each new experience, and you don't always need adventures for that.

Hear me out on this, but what if they've been spending all this time developing these characters and allowing us to grow attached to them so they can throw them into more dramatic, high-stakes scenarios after proper establishment?

As a slice-of-life series, it has all the time in the world to establish these characters' personalities and let them grow. Unfortunately, since the show is predominantly character driven, a lot of the fantasy elements and world-building tends to get sidebenched. It's a strength and a weakness.

But, those fantasy elements are still there, waiting to be utilized. And, since so many of the mane 6's character arcs have been reaching their apparent conclusion, they could probably pull out the rug from under us whenever they want. 

• Brohoof 2

More than 7 seasons. They make money off of it, it makes for good publicity, they're apparently trying to expand its universe/audience and contrarily to what some are saying, there is so much more to tell a single season alone will be nowhere near enough to do it. Especially now that the changelings have evolved and Starlight happened. Add to this the other races, unexplored lore, loose ties and whatnot and you'll get why I'm saying one season just won't cut it.

I'm trusting the MLP staff to keep on delivering quality for several years to come at the very least. :)

Much more than 7 seasons

• Brohoof 1

Yes yes of course why not. But what if every season get more worse than the season before? I mean it already happens.

YMMV. Maybe to you but others have found season 6 better than the 5, and the 5 better than the 4. The question is whether there are more like you or more of the opposite mind. Given Hasbro's ever increasing figures, I'd tend to lean toward the latter.

If Hasbro believes that the show can continue to make them money via their toys, they'll keep the show going for as long as possible until even they themselves feel that a change is necessary. I expect at least two or three seasons after the movie that showcase the aftermath of any major events and plot points the movie may or may not bring up. Having MLP come to a conclusion with a big movie wouldn't be a wise decision. A lot of cartoons that took that path ended up crumbling to dust and are only remembered by their respective cult followings.

On the other hand, cartoons that continued on after a big movie have crumbled in the same manner.