Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why don't the ponies look for more Changeling hives?

KillerKingBakudan

Thanks to everyone letting the bitch go at the end of Season 6, Chrysalis has almost definitely found a new hive where she can squeeze more Changeling eggs out of her butt. Once they hatch, she'll try to indoctrinate these new Changelings so they won't believe giving love to others and turning rainbow-colored will satiate their hunger.

Chyrsalis doesn't have a magic-absorbing throne anymore. So to compensate for Celestia's screw up, what if Season 7 kicked off with an episode of all the ponies scouring Equestria for possible hive locations and smashing every egg they find? Or better yet, giving them to Discord so he can eat them for breakfast? Anyone else think that's a logical set-up for the premiere? They wouldn't actually be killing Changelings, and breaking eggs isn't considered violent for a kid's show, so it's appropriate for the TV-Y rating. 

• Brohoof 1

well I mean.. considering the fact that they reformed changelings... they could probably do the same with the newborns?

well I mean.. considering the fact that they reformed changelings... they could probably do the same with the newborns?

They're still a threat until that happens. Why go through all that trouble of reforming new Changelings when they can simply prevent them from being born? If they can smash Chrysalis' eggs at a steady pace, she'll have to give up.

Cuz it would terrify kids. Think about it. What's a little girl going to think if she sees her favorite little pony going out and crushing eggs of creatures she is under the impression are now good guys?

If I was still 10, and I saw that, I think I'd be pissed.

• Brohoof 3

Cuz it would terrify kids. Think about it. What's a little girl going to think if she sees her favorite little pony going out and crushing eggs of creatures she is under the impression are now good guys?

If I was still 10, and I saw that, I think I'd be pissed.

Girls would think nothing of it. They're just crushing eggs, not living, sentient creatures. I don't think anyone ever freaked out when Pinkie crushed chicken eggs to bake a cake.

Besides, I think girls watching the show up to this point would know better than to equate the moral alignment of reformed Changelings to new ones that will more than likely be corrupted the moment they're born.

The thought of Discord eating Changeling larvae seems kind of gross. I highly doubt that he'd eat something straight out of Chrysalis :eww:

You'd be surprised how many countries have made snacks out of larvae. It sounds gross, but it is edible. Discord might like it. 

Girls would think nothing of it. They're just crushing eggs, not living, sentient creatures. I don't think anyone ever freaked out when Pinkie crushed chicken eggs to bake a cake.

Besides, I think girls watching the show up to this point would know better than to equate the moral alignment of reformed Changelings to new ones that will more than likely be corrupted the moment they're born.

Regardless, I don't think the ponies would stoop to destroying eggs when they know that Changelings can be reformed. My mind goes back to Spike (who was also hatched from an egg) and the message of his song. That would be like stamping it into the dirt and trying to force us to forget it. And I doubt the Changelings see the eggs as merely objects; those are their young brethren.

• Brohoof 1

Regardless, I don't think the ponies would stoop to destroying eggs when they know that Changelings can be reformed. My mind goes back to Spike (who was also hatched from an egg) and the message of his song. That would be like stamping it into the dirt and trying to force us to forget it. And I doubt the Changelings see the eggs as merely objects; those are their young brethren.

Their undeveloped brethren. But even if they do value the eggs the same way as living Changelings, there's no sense in letting Chrysalis keep them. She wouldn't just teach the newborns to steal love, but find some way to thoroughly brainwash them so they reject anything that Thorax's Changelings could possibly teach them, making reformation impossible. 

Their undeveloped brethren. But even if they do value the eggs the same way as living Changelings, there's no sense in letting Chrysalis keep them. She wouldn't just teach the newborns to steal love, but find some way to thoroughly brainwash them so they reject anything that Thorax's Changelings could possibly teach them, making reformation impossible.

Given that hive-like creatures could break from the complete control of a hive queen in the first place, I doubt there's much more Chrysalis could do to change future generations of Changelings (and it's already been shown that brainwashing can be treated among ponies, who are intellectually similar to Changelings).

But we're dipping pretty far into speculation. Let's just agree to disagree.

Chyrsalis doesn't have a magic-absorbing throne anymore. So to compensate for Celestia's screw up, what if Season 7 kicked off with an episode of all the ponies scouring Equestria for possible hive locations and smashing every egg they find? Or better yet, giving them to Discord so he can eat them for breakfast? Anyone else think that's a logical set-up for the premiere?

Not going to happen.  If (and this is purely hypothetical) they were to go down a route similar to this, I could only see them collecting the eggs and handing them over to the reformed changelings to be raised by them.  The difference between using chicken eggs to make a cake and destroying the eggs of sentient beings in order to kill them before they hatch may be a subtle one, but a fairly profound one in the minds of most children.

• Brohoof 3

I've got a feeling there was only the one Changeling colony since they were raised to always be near Chrysalis as a means of protecting her since she was their queen--she also raised each of them so loyalty is practically second-nature to them. Most Changelings have evolved into what they are now, something that will take ponies some time to get used to, yet some might still be evil since they weren't present when Thorax changed and showed that there was another path. Unless those additional Changelings were found and reformed after Chrysalis escaped, they might have tried to look for her and attempt to build a brand new hive.

I have to agree with all of what Concerned Bystander said about the topic. It would be kind of creepy to see characters from a TV Y show, breaking eggs of living creatures to prevent them from being born, similar to how the dragons in dragon quest were presented in the wrong for wanting to smash Phoenix eggs. What makes it worse is that changelings have been to be on the same sentence levels as ponies. This would leave some dark questions regarding the characters morality.

• Brohoof 4

If (and this is purely hypothetical) they were to go down a route similar to this, I could only see them collecting the eggs and handing them over to the reformed changelings to be raised by them.  

Whatever works. But I still don't think breaking the eggs is that big of a deal. It's not like an abortion because there's really nothing there that's alive to begin with.

I have to agree with all of what Concerned Bystander said about the topic. It would be kind of creepy to see characters from a TV Y show, breaking eggs of living creatures to prevent them from being born, similar to how the dragons in dragon quest were presented in the wrong for wanting to smash Phoenix eggs. What makes it worse is that changelings have been to be on the same sentence levels as ponies. This would leave some dark questions regarding the characters morality.

Phoenixes are innocent. Chrysalis isn't. If she wants to enslave ponies and make them a food source, she doesn't deserve to have offspring. 

I think crushing eggs that aren't chicken eggs let alone eating them will fly well with the kind of audience Hasbro wants to set the show up in. At least something the good guys would do doesn't seem what Hasbro would go for.

• Brohoof 1

I think crushing eggs that aren't chicken eggs let alone eating them will fly well with the kind of audience Hasbro wants to set the show up in. At least something the good guys would do doesn't seem what Hasbro would go for.

The show would be PG if Spike didn't say no/if Discord messes with changeling eggs.

In all honesty, I find the idea.... really frigging disturbing, to be honest. I mean, we're not looking at genocide, exactly, but you're proposing a decimation of an entire sentient species on the grounds that they might not conform to ponies' standards - doubly so since they have shown that they are more than capable of rising above being raised to animalistic urges.

Posts like this make me worry sometimes.

• Brohoof 3

In all honesty, I find the idea.... really frigging disturbing, to be honest. I mean, we're not looking at genocide, exactly, but you're proposing a decimation of an entire sentient species on the grounds that they might not conform to ponies' standards - doubly so since they have shown that they are more than capable of rising above being raised to animalistic urges.

Posts like this make me worry sometimes.

You're assuming that Chrysalis can't adapt and safeguard any newborns from Thorax's influence. You know she'll devise something after losing her hive. She's not stupid. 

The response to this is either getting rid of the eggs (or delivering them safely to Thorax, which would be incredibly hard to pull off), or finding Chrysalis and locking the bitch up for good. If not eliminating her, which I know you'd hate. Until she's gone, and another queen with peaceful intentions decides she wants to squeeze some eggs out of her butt, I see no other solution. 

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate