Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's your biggest flaw?

PonyMage

On 8/27/2018 at 5:34 PM, Moon Glow said:

I'm an over-thinker. I tend to really, really overthink even the smallest things, trying to come to the most likely conclusion which could send me into a thought spiral where I'm suddenly 10 years in the future and have made nothing of myself because of this one thing :laugh::lie:

Sounds like anxiety. Have you looked into treatment or coping skills for that?

• Brohoof 1

@Artemis Yes! I actually am diagnosed PTSD and am in active therapy (minimum once a month) :mlp_smile: While I'm very happy to say that after about 10years, I no longer require my medications anymore, however I still overthink too much :twismile: 

• Brohoof 3

Well, I'm too awesome. LOL Joke. =3

The thing is that I solve all the problems by myself. Somepony will say that it's not bad at all, but actually it causes two things: I do all the stuff much slower than I would do with help of some friend aaand as I waste 90% of my nonsleeping time performing some life quest I feel lonely sometimes. =/

I guess I have other flaws, but this one makes my life pretty grey. 

• Brohoof 1

Pick one:

• I have had emotional issues for a long time now. My anxiety and depression are both severe...
  • My social skills don't exist. It's difficult if not impossible for me to even say anything to anyone I'm not adjusted to.
  • I am lazy. Like, really lazy. To the point where I only really work on anything an hour or two a day. 
  • I have a hard time focusing on anything.  Distract me and I can't regain my focus. Might contribute to the working problem.
  • I am really, really weak and have no endurance whatsoever. It's bad enough that I can't do much.
  • I have zero dexterity. It's so bad that spreading peanut butter on bread is a problem...
Edited by Dusk Noire
  • Brohoof 2

@Dusk Noire everything after the first point is often symptomatic of anxiety and depression. Until I got rid of those, I was in a similar rut as you. Could be that if you treat the anxiety/depression duo, the other issues will take care of themselves.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't multitask. I'm at my best when I focus on one particular task, whether at work or home. When I'm asked to take on multiple things concurrently, I can't establish a rhythm and do poorly.

• 1 year later...

Crippling anxiety and depression, extreme confidence issues and an inferiority complex, issues stemming from autism like social problems and trouble communicating my thoughts well, sometimes oblivious to basic things, I get worked up over things that do not matter, I have little to no talent (or that is issue 2 talking), I can go on like a marathon.

It is a game of 'take your pick' for the biggest flaw.

I think from last time I posted, my flaws have been more pronounced than before: Severe social/generalized anxiety, trust issues, extremely low self-esteem and I annoy people too much unintentionally. In addition to my last post, I'm not even sure which one is my biggest flaw out of them.

My insistence to take on a problem all by myself regardless of how much it will exhaust or cripple me. Doesn't matter what it seems to be, I am so stubborn to the point that I would rather get crushed and splattered into a bloody pulp by whatever it is I'm dealing with before I would ever ask for help. There's only one thing in existence that I turn to ask for serious help from. And that's only when I'm dealing with an absolute dire situation that I know is far beyond me.

• Brohoof 2

My mistake is that I do everything excellent people tell me I'm cheating....

XD jk

I procrastinate alot I guess and also get demotivated quickly when an obstacle presents itself. 

I keep everything inside till i get an emotional outburst. 

- i’m always tired ik it is medical related but still, it’s so grr

- being clumsy and forgetful yet remembering every little bad thing rather than good memories 

- pushing friends away in worst ways while depression takes over me, this i probably hate the most.. cause i lost many bc of it and i cannot feel nor see when people try helping

Edited by Deerie
  • Brohoof 2